main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would you like the Star Wars TV series to be about?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Sep 11, 2004.

?

What would you like the Star Wars TV series to be about?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Post-Episode III focusing on Vader (a Jedi hunting show)

9.5%
  2. Post-Episode III focusing on Boba Fett (a bounty hunting show)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bridging Episdoes III and IV (kind of an anthology)

33.3%
  4. Post-Episode VI focusing on Luke starting a new Jedi academy

9.5%
  5. Post-Episode VI focusing on the rise of the New Republic

4.8%
  6. Post-Episode VI focusing on Rogue Squadron

28.6%
  7. Other (please explain)

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Lucasfilm confimed there will be a Star Wars TV series this week, but gave no details about the content of the show. So, what would you like it to be about?

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    The story a couple of months ago was that it would be on a young Boba Fett, but I think a Rogue Squadron series would be more interesting. :D

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    While I would really like to see Vader hunting down the Jedi or any of the others, I think that a Rogue Squadron series would be most likely to translate into a TV series the best, from a plot standpoint.

And I would hate to see the post RotJ EU butchered as I fear it would be on TV.

EDIT: LOL! I told him about the thread, but didn't think we would post the same vote! :p

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Post Episode III with Vader!!!! YA!!! THAT WOULD ROCK!!! Especially if it was an HBO series, it could be really dark, and I like dark.

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    The Jedi are the coolest... I'd like to see a prequel prequel series that shows the great Jedi vs. Sith war and leads up to TPM, or a live-action Clone Wars show that takes place between AOTC and ROTS.

EDIT: I voted "other" due to aforementioned ideas.

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Jedi vs. Sith war

OH!!!!! YA!!!! That would really work well too!

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Rogue Squadron would be a good backdrop for a television series. Main cast + a constantly changing group of secondary pilots (TIE pilots shot better then stormtroopers) would make for a plenty of drama. Of course FOX tried this with "Space: Above and Beyond" and there will also be the new "Battlestar Galactica" series.

A live action Clone Wars series would be tough, because you need plenty of CGI clonetroopers, as well as Temuera Morrison for anything with helmets off.

Darth Vader/Jedi purge? I don't think GL would allow for a SW series to be so dark all of the time. Things have to be dark in Episode III, because this is where Anakin falls to the dark side...but a weekly barrage of dark/depressing stories would turn away more viewers then attract new ones.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'd like a show that just bridges III and IV, without a huge focus on one character or another. A balanced perspective on events.

10. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    A live action Clone Wars series would be tough, because you need plenty of CGI clonetroopers, as well as Temuera Morrison for anything with helmets off.

God forbid Lucas should use actual people to play clones?! :eek: You wouldn't need them to be CGI. And unless you were doing specific episodes focusing on clones and not on their Jedi superiors, you wouldn't have to show them without their helmets on. Plus if they couldn't get Tem Morrison to work on the show, they could always hire the guy who did the clones' voice for the Clone Wars PS2/Xbox game and Cartoon Network show to do their voice-overs. He did a pretty good impression of Tem.

But I think the Sith vs. Jedi war would make a better series. Seeing both perspectives of the two orders, and how and why they came to be enemies. Plus just imagine how sweet the battles would be when you'd see a Jedi army versus a Sith army, with like 50 mini duels going on simultaneously... that would be sick.

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    God forbid Lucas should use actual people to play clones?! You wouldn't need them to be CGI.

Actually, yes you do. Or the Clone Troopers wouldn't look right. I have heard a lot about this from the 501st guys. They never actually had to make a suit that would fit actual people. They made a model and then scanned it into the computer.
    People have tried to make the Clone Trooper costumes to wear and are having a heck of a time doing it. They never look quite right. The helmet is very narrow front to back, actually too narrow for a real person to wear. So the helmet has to be made disproportionally bigger, which makes the person look a bit like a bobble-head doll. In addition, I hear that other body proportions weren't quite made correctly on that CGI model.

So yes. They would have to be CGI to look right.

*phew*

And I agree that Jedi vs. Sith would also be quite interesting. :)

12. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Rogue Squadron... without a doubt... establish Corran Horn...

and then for the spin off series, think Jedi Academy...

but Corran beats the ever-loving-crap out of Kyp Durron... :p

-b-

13. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    I would like to see a post Episode 3 series that focused on the rise of the Rebellion. It would be very interestimg to see the beginning stages of the Rebellion and the leaders of the early rebel movement. This would feature some very brave, courageous, and heroic characters.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Jedi army versus a Sith army, with like 50 mini duels going on simultaneously
    But for a television audience, that might be too much going on to follow...not that it wouldn't be cool to watch.

CGI is the best way to depict the vast scale of the Clone Wars. I the old days, movies like Cleopatra, Gone with the Wind, and Ben-Hur could employ thousands of extras for grand sets. However, back then studios only produced 1-2 movies a year and could devote that kind of resources into them.

15. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    but Corran beats the ever-loving-crap out of Kyp Durron...
    [face_laugh] Love that idea! :p

16. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oooh, if it was about the rise of the Rebellion, hopefully they could get Jimmy Smits to play Bail Organa. Having a bonafide established star would help get the series off the groud. It also helps that he's acting in some of the top TV series of all time. (LA Law and NYPD Blue)

Having Bail in the series, you could also get to watch Leia grow up.

Also, we could see Mon Mothma from time to time and possibly Garm Bel Iblis. Yeah, he's an EU character, but could easily be written in.

At some point during the series there could be a few episodes that go off on their own story arc and show at least a part of the Jedi purge. That and/or Boab Fett tracking down a bounty.

With so much to choose from, this series has all the potential to be a huge hit.

-Sal

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I think ANY TV series will be good for me...as long as its Star Wars!

18. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    They're making a Star Wars TV series? Well I think the Rogue Squadran will make a great series or make it with original characters. Like say for example a series about the Jedi in the New Republic. After Luke and the other has passed away. It's just an idea.

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Frankly I'm tired of all the goody-goody stuff. Too much focus on the heroes and not the opposition. I say the tv series should be after ROTJ, as the Empire is struggling to regroup (Remnant forces), focusing on key Imperial commanders and squadrons, etc. Sort of like a military-style show. Maybe throw in some EU stuff like the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    they could get Jimmy Smits to play Bail Organa.
    He's scheduled to join the cast of "The West Wing" as a Senator(ironic?) who has his eye on the White House after President Bartlet's second term is over. Although, I'd LOVE to see a early Rebellion era series where we get to see how this Galactic Civil War got started.

21. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Smits could still have a guest roll, from time to time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.