main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI What Would You Like to See at CVI?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Beretta911, May 30, 2011.

1. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    You guys have great ideas!

- I vote for Star Wars in Concert! I saw the show twice and I'd love to see it again.
    - I vote for bringing back the Star Wars 6 movie marathon like they had at Celebration IV. All in one day. Everyone who wanted to attend could attend. At Celebration V, I didn't watch any of the movies since they were screening at the same time as other events.
    - I vote for another party at Disney's Hollywood Studios. That was great!
    - And I have another idea: Maybe have Episode I in 3D to watch at the movie marathon, since it will be released in February.
    - Another idea: Have a social meal, like the fan club breakfast (those were so great!). So maybe a ticketed breakfast or dinner with celebs and raffles.

2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Star Wars In Concert would be EXTRA special, with John Williams there. (Wonder if he would do autographs?)
    But, does the Convention Center have a bigger room/hall than the theater where they had the George Lucas/Jon Stewart interview? I went to a Star Wars concert here in Seattle. Anthony Daniels was there--it was really special! (A birthday gift!) We can only hope......

3. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010

There should be some kind of closing ceremony or official ending to the convention. Last time it just ended.

If they have laser tag again, they should put some STAR WARS props in there instead of the military vehicle stuff they had last time.

I hope to see more lifesize sets and vehicles, perhaps a mock-up of the inside of the Millennium Falcon that people can actually enter.

4. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    It'll be the 10 year anniversary of C2. Maybe a presentation or a retrospective on C2?

5. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    agreed

6. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    I seem to remember a lot of people had a difficult time and weren't able to purchase VIP tickets b/c they sold out SO quickly? I really hope to be able to get them this time, and since there aren't hyperspace benefits, maybe make the VIP tickets more available? (instead of 200 have 400, or something like that)

I would like the artist alley to be better handled. We decided not to wait in the hours long line (for the ONE register) for the piece I reserved, and ended up buying a piece from an artist at his booth. I bought the reserved piece in the Star Wars store online later. I was bummed that I didn't really get a chance to experience the Artist Alley and see all of the pieces. I would have LOVED meeting Katie Cook!

I would like to see a panel w/ the women of Star Wars; Bonnie Burton, Ashley Eckstein, Katie Lucas, ect. And I'd also like to see some more panels w/ different authors (instead of the single panel they had last time)I'd like to see Timothy Zahn, and some of the classic authors (although I LOVE Troy Denning & Aaron Allston and enjoyed meeting them last time!)

I also like the idea of a Jabba's Palace lounge! We didn't make it to the Hoth bar last time, so I'd like to see that. The Jedi Academy thing they had for the kids was great also. Both of the boys we traveled with on Saturday (not ours, some friends')got to go up there and fight Darth Vader and they had a blast. (well, the younger one ran away from Darth Vader, but they still had fun!)

The food was OK, and I know that thats the convention center, but I wish there were more options in the food court. Maybe a Dex's Diner?

Yeah...thats all I can think of for now.:D

7. Vote_Snaplaunce

Vote_Snaplaunce Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2011
    I too would like to see Tim Zahn and some of the other writers.

Definitely bring back the ice bar. I only went in there once, but it was really cool (pun intended :) )

And I also would like for them to have a night event for the new star tours ride. I didn't go to the last tour to Endor, and kind of regretted it later.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Thisssss.

9. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I would like to see a better orgainized artist's alley, better merch, (I didn't buy a single official t-shirt from C5 cause they were so lame, and I own probably 100+ SW t-shirts). Lastly, being a veteran of several Celebrations I would love to see the return of Star Wars in 30 Minutes!!!!!!!! Reed did not even ask them to attend C5.

10. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Good point. I was disappointed that there weren't more t-shirt/sweatshirt offerings that simply had the official CV logo on them.

The "O-Lando", Hoth Blue Milk, and Jet Ski Fett shirt designs were great.

But I would have liked to see more basic designs that featured the official CV logo.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I came home with more t-shirts than I had planned to, I really loved the different variations on Han and Leia.

12. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008

-Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D Screening.

-The 5 other Movies & TCW Movie Screening.

-The Night Sisters Trilogy Screening.

-Star Wars in Concert.

-Star Tours 2 Event.

-One Man SW Show.

13. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I think this would be a great idea. I saw SWIC in Chicago and I thought it was amazing. I would be amazing to have John Williams direct the concert and it could be in a Disney Park, either Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. You could have a Star Tours 2/Star Wars in Concert connection thing.

The other thing I would like to see is the TFN party and the Fan of the Forcecast party NOT on the same day.

14. kevinliell

kevinliell Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2009
    I was hoping some one would say they were excited to see the next Star Wars World Championship Trivia Contest.

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Thrawn Trilogy 20 Year Anniversary Panel starring Zahn, of course

16. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    Better signage on where to go to line up to get in each morning. Granted, once you first figure it out, you know where to go from that point on, but I remember being lost trying to find out where to go that first day, and for those that aren't going for the whole weekend and only for a day this would be a big help.

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    A Star Wars: In Concert kind of deal. Seriously awesome.
    Also, a movie marathon, fewer lines (it wouldn't hurt to open just ONE extra register for Hasbro, free superimposing of pictures, etc.) and MORE FREEBIES!
    One Man Star Wars, again
    Oh yeah, themed food would be cool. At CV a Star Wars logo stuck on the register was the most Star Wars the food got. If we could get a Biscuit Baron, Wookiee-ookiees, Yoda's green sludge, blue milk...
    I thought the Celebration Store was really lame, and would like to see better offerings this time. The store was, like, the biggest thing there in terms of floor space? And it was super empty and spread out with only a few products? The selection was so limited! Why was the official Boba Fett jet ski shirt on sale only before the event? I can not think of any good reason behind that. (It was briefly on sale at Star Wars Shop after the con.) Seriously, some private booths had more stuff than the official store *waste of floor space*.

18. BigFortuna

BigFortuna Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    This is my first SW Celebration, so anything sounds good to me! :)

The idea of the concert is amazing, i really love it!

Anything else? from past Celebrations?

19. JHX1129

JHX1129 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2004
    Bring back the fan club breakfast - CIV was the first time I was able to attend the breakfast and it was a blast. Mary Franklin rocks!

Movie marathon - Spending 17 hours or so watching the movies in a giant hall with that massive sound system and hundreds (maybe thousands) of other Star Wars fanatics was one of my favorite memories from CIV.

Concert - I remember them doing a concert at CII. I passed since the line was just too long to get tickets.

VIP badges - I was lucky enough to get a Jedi Knight badge and it was totally worth it. I understand why some people have an issue with the VIP option but for me personally, I have done my time in Star Wars lines (6 hours for the store at CIII, etc.) and am more than willing to pay not to stand in lines anymore. Aside from the line thing, I also liked the sense of community it fostered. I would run into the same people in the VIP queue before each event and in the lounge and it was just nice to have that shared experience. I didn't get the impression that anyone felt better than anyone else by having a VIP badge (just my two cents).

I love the idea of some sort of closing ceremonies. I feel that there is so much hype at the beginning of the week and then it just fizzles out at the end.

I have been to all of the domestic Celebrations except CI (stupid college finals) and I think that they have continued to get better and better.

20. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Celebration V was my first celebration after years of wanting to attend. I was not disappointed. It was awesome!
    For Celebration VI I would like to see:
    - movies that don't break down in the middle of the showing
    - Star Wars in Concert (they need to do another US tour...I'd pay to see it again)
    - movie props/costumes exhibit
    - Disney Star Tours 2 event
    - if C VI is to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Attack of the Clones, it would be nice to see more PT actors make an appearance (Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen)
    - more hours in the day to make it to all the panels!

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I'd like to see timing handled better. The schedule was packed, with us afraid when eating lunch because we didn't want to miss anything. But they had the time and could have spread out events better! The doors opened at 7 am, but nothing actually happened until 9 am. We just stood in line for 2 hours. POINTLESS. Panels could have been held, or merch purchased. Instead, time was wasted as a throng of people just waited. Reed could have actually opened up the convention at 9 instead of telling us that it started at 7, and then putting us in a waiting room. You could arrive early at 7, but no Star Wars! You get to stand in a two-hour line for the REAL doors to open! How nice you are, Reed and Lucasfilm!

22. Vote_Snaplaunce

Jun 3, 2011
    I'd like for some of the more popular panels to be simulcast in a few different rooms so that many more people could see them. I think this worked out great for the George Lucas Main Event.

For example, I would have liked to see Mark Hamill's panel at CV, but people were lined up for hours before it started, and the line was already so long, I didn't want to waste hours waiting in line not knowing if I'd even be able to get in. If they could just show the video in a few other rooms for the panels featuring some of the bigger actors, this would reduce the lines greatly and make it possible for many more people to see panels they would have otherwise missed.

Also, If they screen the movies again, I hop it's the Blu Ray versions!

23. Vote_Snaplaunce

Jun 3, 2011
    Another Trivia Contest would be cool, but you should try to get a bigger room. There were so many people at the last one it seemed pretty chaotic and must have been hard to manage. Maybe instead of letting everyone in the room participate all at once, you could just randomly pick 30 or 40 people to start, or maybe have a pre-registration online to get the contestants.

24. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Weird, me and my friends was there around 8 with the intend to wait in line for an hour before we got in. I remember seeing, that they opend the doors at 7, but I also remember seeing, that the con wouldn't open untill 9 - though I don't remember if this info was on two different pages of the site - I guess it must have been. I hope you at least made some new friends while waiting.

I know it doesn't help any, but I got in line about half an hour before it startet and I got a seat on the upper section. I hadn't been over there to keep an eye on the line, I just went over that half hour before it startet. And I must admit seeing how many people there was, I almost left myself, but I thought "what the heck, if I get in I get in otherwise too bad, I can spend that half hour". And I know that there was several people after me that also got in.

25. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I want Kevin Smith to interview some of the cast/crew from any of the 6 films and I would LOVE to see him interview George Lucas!!! [face_praying]