main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would you like to see at the SW Celebration

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Troopsguy, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    Here's a hypothetical situation. Let's say you have the ear of LFL. What would you like to see at the Star Wars Celebration? And for those of you who were at the 1st one, how would you make this one better?

2. mikk

mikk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2000
    Basically what I would like to see at SWC2 is it be more like a "regular" convention. Most big conventions have not only a vendors/dealers room but multiple tracks of programming dealing with a variety of subjects, access to celebraties (panels, signings, etc), & other events (gaming, movie screenings, art show, costume contest).

Now from all indications SWC2 will have either every one of these things or something like it, but only time will tell if what they eventually come up with will be worth it. For example, they say they will have mulitple tracks for programming but it may be limited to one area or not run all day. Or perhaps even though the street date for merchandise is the week prior they still don't let the vendors sell anything & all you can do is look.

One thing that would be cool that I have not seen mentioned would be screenings of the actual films. Even at the biggest cons there are times where there is nothing to do & it would cool if they were showing the films so you could just head into a big room & sit & watch your favorite episode & relax. Also, screening some cut scenes such as the Luke/Biggs scene would be cool. This is a SW con run by the fan club & LFL we should get access to things that you wouldn't be able to see at other conventions.

Having gone to the SWC1 I can already say that it appears that WotC & LucasFilm have addressed many of the issues that made the 1st one so bad. They are having it in a proper convention center, the merchandise street date seems to be prior to the event (so we don't have wait 4 hours on line to buy from the Fan Club store, pay outrageous prices in the dealers tent, or look at all the cool merchandise at the vendor tables but not buy), it sounds as though we will have access to the celebraties, an actual programming schedule, & the one thing that SWC1 didn't really do, which was celebrate SW as opposed to just E1.

I guess all we can do is wait & see what's posted on the web site & go from there.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    From what I've heard, since this will be the 25th Anniversary of Star Wars, the focus will be much broader than just episode 2, though, understandably, Episode 2 will be a major part of everything.

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'd just like to see a variety of different things available to people. Screening rooms are a great idea, and it can give people a chance to take a little break in the middle of the day. I haven't been to any kind of convention like this before, so I have no context to compare what would be good to include in this one. In a perfect world, celebrities from different aspects of all the movies would be readily available to all guests. Some interactive games would be fun too, especially for the kids. We can dream about a 30-minute in-person presentation from George himself, right??

5. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
  6. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Natalie Portman and Michionne B. in a mud-raslin contest with Rick McCallum as the guest referee. :D

Seriously though I'd like to see some of the bigger named actors from the OT I don't have a autograph from yet.(Mark Hamill,Carrie Fisher,Harrison Ford)

I know its wishful thinking but hey you did ask. :)

Actually what would be cool is if ILM did a VFX exhibition.

7. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    natalie portman *drool*

i would like to see autograph tables,free ones, i have heard that nobody will be signing:(

8. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Here goes. Loved troops by the way.

Hypothetically speaking, if I had the ear of LFL this is what I'd like to see:

1) "The music of star wars" - a 30-45 minute (or longer!!!!) presentation (ran multiple times) that John Williams (though probably too busy) or maybe Joel McNeely could play soundbites, and then describe what's happening thematically with this music. Explain to the common everyman what symbolic or wagnerian themes crop up in the force theme, or imperial march, etc. There are millions of lovers of this wonderful music and aside from the web, and the inserts in the CDs, very few people have bothered to delve deeper into the mythic story that is the music of star wars. Perhaps a snippet from the score of Episode II could be previewed very much like Duel of the Fates was. This I would love very much.

2) Of course, George Lucas either physically there so we could bow down to him, or on a realtime satellite broadcast from wherever we are there.

3) How about some tables/compuers set up from Lucasarts so people can play deathmatches of Jedi Knight II (if it's out by then), galactic battlegrounds, X-wing, etc. Perhaps, the occasional celebrity could compete as well. Run this throught the three days.

4) Bloopers. Official...official..official bloopers. Somebody could put that together, surely.

5) Carrie Fisher and Natilie Portman, live and onstange together. Perhaps interviewing each other or just talking about...who cares, just show up and fulfull my life.

6) LFL artists doing sketches and so with you and your favorite wookie or something or better yet.....

7) BLUE SCREEN PHOTOS. Not that crap where they stick your head on someone's body, I'm talking costumes (LFL authorized, or your own) of you and your friends in front of a blue screen, and you can choose the back ground. Perhaps some props haning around so it even looks more real. Then you get the full color print, and the actual file on a disk (if you want to pay for it) and life would be grand. Tell me they wouldn't make a killing off of this. Hopefully they wouldn't charge 35 bucks for this but how awesome would this be?

That's all I can think of for now. Hypothetically speaking, do you hypothetically have their collective ears on this? And what do you think of my suggestions?

9. mikk

mikk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2000
    royalguard96 wrote:
    celebrities from different aspects of all the movies would be readily available to all guests. Some interactive games would be fun too
    According to the web site they are supposed to having speakers from both in front & behind the screen. Who actually shows up is a different story but it looks like they are planning on it. As for the video games, at SWC1 they had a section where you could play a bunch of the SW arcade games, & a couple of the SW pinball machines. So it's a good bet that they will have this again.

caliman wrote:
    How about some tables/compuers set up from Lucasarts...

Bloopers. Official...official..official bloopers.

BLUE SCREEN PHOTOS
    All GREAT ideas! You should head over to the SWC2 web site & e-mail them to someone. LucasArts will most likely be there & supposedly members from ILM will as well. You never know they might actually do some, if not all, of these.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    From what I've been told there will be some type of general video game area (arcade/PC/Xbox/etc) and an area set aside for Role playing and CCG games.

One of the official sites stated that there's going to be an Art Gallery for various authorized works; that should be interesting to see.

11. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    I emailed my suggestions to Wizards and here is the response I got:

Thanks. Some of these things or a version of them may be possible! Hope
    to see you at CII.

12. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I want Ewan McGregor there...without his beard.

13. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i want natalie portman to go

14. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I want to see the Biggs-in-Anchorhead scene, and all the other cut footage as well--including the "lost cut" as reported on by David West Reynolds, in a past issue of the Insider!

The blue screen photo idea is a great one. The first Celebration had a beautifully rendered life-size Jabba and dais fans could take their picture on. For $20, a professional photographer would take a pic, and 20-30 minutes later you'd get a pretty nice 8x10. I believe fans with lightsaber props even got beams added to sabers on the computer. This time, I'd like to have my pic taken behind the wheel of Luke's speeder! I suggested this in a similar thread at starwars.com.

I also want to see plenty of actors and costumed characters! Last time, I got to meet Anthony Daniels, and get my pic taken with a pretty damn authentic Chewie! :D
    --------------------------
    I'd be remiss if I didn't put in a vote for a cantina! What would be better than buying our overpriced refreshments from a surly bartender, while milling about are walrusmen and Greedos and Wookiees!

15. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    A couple things I'd like to see are supposedly already going to be there- a display of props & costumes and an Antiques Roadshow-type thing.

Also I'd like to see a game show. A SW themed Weakest Link-sorta thing or some such where attendees are pulled to actually participate and win slick Star Wars goodies.

As mentioned before, I'd like to see official bloopers ala the gag reel from the Phantom Menace DVD. Screening of all the cut scenes would be awesome! And don't throw anything but they should have a showing or two of the SW Holiday Special. For those of us old enough to remember watching it on TV, it would be wild to see it again. It could be followed up by a presentation telling how the thing came into being. We all know protective Lucas is of SW. It's hard to imagine how the Special ever made it to broadcast. Maybe George needed the money to get Empire made.

Luke's landspeeder should be there along with original set pieces. I know most of the sets were destroyed, but there have to be pieces still in existence. I'd love to see the life size Millenium Falcon or sets like the cantina or detention center re-built.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.