What would you like to see @ CE?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by Lord-Tice, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jason Joiner, the big boss man of Showmasters, is very keen to get as much fan input into CE as possible. Therefore, if you have any realistic suggestions, please feel free to post them here and we will make sure Mr Joiner is made aware of them.

They can be anything that you think fans would like to see or do, guest suggestions (maybe the not so obvious, such as members from the art department....), things that will make a difference, no matter how big or small.

So get your thinking caps on!! [face_thinking]
  2. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd like to see Denis Lawson there... :D

One thing I REALLY liked at C3 was the "Rebels vs Imperials". It was great fun to see the actors on stage, doing fun things (I will never forget Michael Sheard's amazing re-enactment of his death scene... with Warwick Davies as Vader!), instead of just meeting them when they were signing autographs. So I would love to see something like that at CE. :)
  3. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    One of the highlights of C3 for me was defenitly the "Lucasfilm Archive Exhibit".
    If they could bring up a few costumes, props or models and concept art of the entire saga that would be absolutly fabulous :D

And I thought it was a brilliant thing to have panels held like interviews. I've been to too many conventions where the guests are forced to answer totally stupid questions from the Q&A lines and not having a chance to talk about other cool things like recent projects and stuff.
    Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Q&A lines but not of most of the questions :p
  4. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sadly Nina I'm 90% certain Dennis Lawson would never come to CE :(
    He hates Star Wars and cringes everytime it's mentioned during a TV interview in the UK. He was once given the 12" Wedge figure during a live interview and he wasn't impressed. T'is a shame because there are loads of people who would like to meet him (including me), but I'll suggest it none the less ;)

I agree having a fellow actor as the MC during the panels was great and something I'll definitely suggest. Warick & Jay Laga'aia have done Showmaster events before, so they have their numbers, hehe.

I'm sure there'll be lots of exhibits on display, and hopefully Jason's toy collection which is :eek: :eek: :eek:
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I'd love to see Tem Morrison and Jeremy Bulloch do a talk. There used to be footage on TFN of one they did at a US show a few years ago and it was great. I met Tem at Collectormania last year but all he was doing there was autographs.
  6. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I know Lawson isn't likely to do it, but I girl can dream, can't she? ;)

Warwick Davies was a GREAT host, I'd love to see him again. I sadly didn't get to see any of Jay's shows at C3, but from what I've heard he's a really amazing MC. Any of them would be brilliant.

Exhibits, yay! I would like to see some nice costumes, preferably some of Padmé's.. just because they are so beautiful and you can spend ages just admiring them. :) Also, preferably with a good description of the costume/prop/whatever, I don't really like shows where they just put something on a stand without explaining what it is, and in what film it was used, by whom, and when.
  7. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good point!
    Maybe they could get Trisha Biggar do a panel and describe a few of the costumes herself? :D :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_faint]

Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan did a Boba Fett panel at C3 and it was brilliant. Especially when Tem Morrison decided that he had to pop in because there wouldn't be Boba Fett without Jango :p
    He seems to be a fun guy. Would be nice to have him doing a panel :)
  8. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    The two people whose autographs I want the most (except for the main characters) are Denis Lawson (Wedge) and Kenneth Colley (Piett).
    Perhaps mr Lawson could be persuaded when he hears about the fast income an autograph signing would get him...

Btw, does not Jason Joiner own a nice collection of Star Wars props himself also?
  9. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I guess what I'm mostly interested in is having a lot of different and varied panels. I'm not there to just have some celebrities sign an autograph and just say Hi, I want to hear about the work behind the whole saga.

Also Trisha Biggar would be a dream to hear.

About costumes, don't you think it's a good chance that the things that were in Milano and then Paris will still be in Europe and be taken to a CE?
  10. Stevie79 Jedi Padawan

Besides actors I would like to see some producers or screenwriters aswell if possible.
    With the smaller guest actors I'd prefer them to be from areas like US or Australia/NZ like Nalani Krishan and Zach Jensen. We've seen the majority of european based Star Wars actors many times. This would be a plus for SM as I can see the majority of fans going will likely be european so they'll want to see many that haven't done many events here.
  11. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like not only events/attractions and exhibitions to see, but activities that involve the fans.
    I remember C3 had a "fan pavillion" with different competitions, where fans showed off their stuff among other things. There was also one big party every night which many attended.
    It is not just up to the fans, the organizers can do a lot for the fan organizations that don't cost them anything.

.. and oh, shorter lines than C3. It would be good to have systems in place, that you know beforehand will work well during the event. Lines to entrance, to the shop, to attractions etc.

12. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    everybody has a price,and whilst i would like to think that people like denis lawson are not the thoroughly mercenary types we make them out to be,i'm sure he could be swayed by a big bag of cash.
    but i won't settle for any less than ford,fisher and hamill.
    come on!!!
  13. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    How about Fan Art? area?

Just a suggestion to the wind....
  14. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fan art sounds very good. I'm going to put up the suggestion of some kind of fan room in general actually. The aim is for me (and maybe Tim too) to meet up with Jason Joiner in September (Sept 10th to be exact) and we will present our ideas and suggestion to him. So getting as many ideas before September 10th would be great :D
  15. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    *whispers* How about a way to celebrate fan fiction too?[face_shhh]
  16. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    I just want to say that I expect this event to be at least as big as that event in California, next May that the yanks are yapping about. :p
  17. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They'll do their best to compete :p

Although saying that, something a bit smaller would be better because another gripe with C3 was that there was so much stuff you ended missing things you really wanted to see. Having a show where you can realistically see everything you want to see is better then a show where you have to pick and choose very carefully.
  18. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    That was the thing I really liked with Jedi-Con, it was very small but I actually saw more panels there than I did at C3.

Then of course I would love to see a costume competition, I love to see what people come up with.
  19. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You've been reading my thoughts ;)
    In addition to having people on stage showing of their costumes it would be nice to get to know something about the costume. Like how many meters of this fabric was used, how long it took to make it, just some facts that could be written and handed in by the costumers themself with their sign up for the costume contest and be reead out by the costume contest moderator.
    And it would be nice to have a extra category for the kids ;) :p

But too many details :p

That would be neat.
    But honestly I have no idea how to. Are you thinking of a fan fiction contest or about a panel about creative writing?
  20. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    What about getting a SW author to talk about his/her SW writing experiences? Karen Traviss is UK-based.
    I don't know if she would be up for it though, given her experience with 'talifans'. Can't hurt to ask, however!
  21. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Why not both?

I mean, the best fan fic could be high lighted, and definately a panel or two on creative writing...
  22. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well if we are just throwing in some ideas why not a creative costuming panel as well, ask some from for example 501st or Rebel Legion to just talk about how you go on researching and making your own costumes.
  23. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think it would be slightly criminal if there isn't a part of the show not dedicated to EU stuff, and this is even coming from a non-EU fan :eek:

All good ideas so keep 'em coming!! :D

How would people feel about a party at the show on Saturday night?? But unlike the Celebration@celebration event, more emphasis on fun & entertainment and not just another opportunity to sell merchandise. Showmasters have a good track record with show parties so it should be pretty good ;)
  24. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    A party would be great fun, as long as it's planned well. C@C3 was a bit too much queueing and too little partying for my taste, so more entertainment and less merchandise sounds great too me. :D

Oh, and the drinks were too expensive at C3. ;)

And I love the idea about fan panels, whether it's about costumes, fanfic, collecting or whatever. :)

Btw, I think it's great that the organisers want fan input, thank them a bunch for letting us suggest things! :)
  25. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'll agree and disagree, a lot of people complained about the parties. However I've never had an issue myself because my friends and I made our own fun.

If they improve on the suggestions which were posted on the showmasters forum, there should be no reason why it can be good.

Especially, making sure there is enough to drink ;)

Have you been to any of the parties because the ones I have been to you haven't been there(which is the majority) so I am wondering where you are getting your information from?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.