main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA What would you like to see in Ep. III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TarikJanis, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    I saw this on another thread in the Episode 3 boards and thought it was a nice topic. Basically just say what you'd really like to see in Episode 3. Here's my list.

1. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan of course

2. Obi-Wan taking Luke to Tatooine.

3. An explantion of Sypho-Dias

4. Where Sidious came from and showing why he's the Sith Master (Kind of how they showed that Yoda was the Jedi Master)

5. And what I don't want to see is some cheap primative Vader, If Lucas is going to show Vader, I want to see THE Darth Vader

2. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I wanna see the Twins, Alderran and Kasshyk(sp?)...

3. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    I Wanna see Ewoks....lots of them. The special plot twist is that they overrun and defeat the Republic (I mean wtf? they can defeat any type of technology with a rope and fifty trees). Afterwards they go back to their home on the forest moon of Endor, waiting for the right moment to destroy the next so called "Empire". Palpatine was the only one left so he got control of everything, only to lose it all when the wishy washy ewoks decided to stick their god damn noses in everybody elses busines.....all this because of those Damned ewoks.......

4. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    All I want to see is a kick-ass lightsaber fight!

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    7) Definately want to see Obi-Wan vs. Anakin...

6) Want to see Yoda kick butt some more...

5) Aurra Sing! Come on, what was up with all that hype about her being in the second one????

4) LOL.. love the Ewok idea

3) Wanna see the twins...

2) JAR JAR DIES...

And the number one thing I want to see...

1) BETTER ACTING!

6. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Yep BETTER ACTING is what I want to see!!

7. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    its not the acting, yes it's horrible, but only becuase the script sucks, and GL coudln't coax a good performance out of Anthony Hopkins with the crap he writes.

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    better acting.. i'd like to see Joss Whedon as a script doctor... fix all that dialogue!

9. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Well all I know is I really don?t want to see Vader at all! Lucas said that if you were to watch the movies in order none of the original surprises in the original trilogy would be ruined. But the fact that Vader is Luke?s father was one of the all time greatest moments in movie history. And if it is shown that Anakin becomes, and even calls him self, Darth Vader then it will all be ruined.

I think they just need to let the audience think that Anakin is completely dead in the end of EP3, and no showing of Vader what so ever.

But Lucus didn?t make the prequels for a good story he made them based on what most fans would want to see and to make lots of money off of us, so it wont supprized me if they make Darth Vader appear though half of the movie and he starts to kill people. O well, this is the last chance to save this trilogy and AOTC was better then TPM but not by much. So my confidence isn?t great in it.

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I just want a good, entertaining movie.
    No pop groups, no Star Wars kid. A bunch of Jedi can die, but stop calling it the 'Jedi Purge'. Someone othar than Lucas should direct it. A random cameo from a lot of members of the original cast. Especially the ones that had to wear mask. Like Anthony Daniels cameo in EPII. A cameo of Peter, and Jeremy would be cool.

And they should randomly play 'Batman: Dead End' before the movie starts

11. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    hell yeah...I saw that at the Con, that was the BEST thing I saw all weekend!!!!

12. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    I think they just need to let the audience think that Anakin is completely dead in the end of EP3, and no showing of Vader what so ever.

Yes, this is a good point, but look on the bright side if they show Vader, Hayden's face will be covered and his horrible acting will be covered up with a voice over by James Earl Jones. LOL!!!!!! By the way, I've heard James Earl Jones has been casted as the voice of Vader, so I think we will be seeing Vader.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I agree about the directing/writing thing. As much as we all love George, he's kinda lost his touch when it comes to SW...

And I KNOW there has to be some kind of equivalent to "Luke I'm your father..." That's the trilogy rule! There always has to be a big surprise... Don't care if suddenly Palpatine tells Anakin he's his father, or Lucas actually sticks to his book and keeps Obi-Wan as Owen's brother... I mean, am I right??? (Or just rambling like usual).

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I can't wait to see how Mace goes out. I'm hoping its as good as it should be. Palpatine being really evil would be cool too(maybe frying Jar Jar ;) )And I would love to see Yoda going to Dagobah and maybe how he chose it.

Oh...and when has Star Wars ever had really good acting. Granted some of TPM and AotC was below bad and 3PO was the stupidist in AotC. Other then that, its really on par with the rest. They just had too many long speeches in the new ones. (oh and as the SWNYC boards know...I am one that liked the romance in AotC...I'm a big romantic and don't think Star Wars romance needs to be written like a modern movie. The only thing I didn't like were the big walking turds) :D

15. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    the romance scenes in AotC were completely unbelievable. In now way would she have fallen in love with this young, tempermental, whiny punk. She goes from complete disinterest, to "this can never be", to "I love you Ani", in the span of what? a week? I'm not saying that Star Wars romance needs to be like Real life, but if it doesn't suspend my disbelief, then its not a good movie, not good writing, and not enjoyable. I watch a movie to lose myself in the story, that doesn't happen with the new movies.

They did a horrible job with Anakin in the new trilogy. Hayden is a decent actor but George turned Anakin into something that I don't believe he was originally intended to be. There is no way that the Jedi order would have trained someone like him....high midichlorian [face_plain] count or not.

Vader should NOT be in this movie. AT ALL....think about it. Once the third one is complete you will be able to watch all six movies from 1-6. Now think about the first time you saw Empire....remember the shock you felt when you found out the Lord Vader was Anakin Skywalker, Luke's father? Well for someone that hasn't seen the movies before, they aren't going to get that feeling. They will know the WHOLE time who vader really is.

The way the New Trilogy is going, it is completely undermining and ruining the OT.

and I claim to be a star wars lover..... ?[face_plain]

16. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hmm....I wonder how much time passed between "I guess you don't know everything about women" to "I happen to like nice men", "I'm nice men" to "I love you".
    The AotC book hellped the romance of Anakin and Padme a little too.

I'm still not sure if I want to see Vader or not...the Fan-boy in me wants to see him. There are ways to show him without letting on its Anakin(like at the very end having him enter Palpatine's throne room and dropping to one knee with his "What is thy bidding my master".
    That could work if Dooku is one of the last to die and it shows that Palpatine has already got a new apprentice.

17. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I, as anyone can attest to, loves the SW romance....however, Odde is right. In AOTC it wasn't so much as the writing(although it didn't help)but that Hayden and Natalie had NO chemistry to one another....It seemed totally unlikely that Padme would be drawn to Ani....In the OT you could see the attraction between Leia and Han. I think the original also showed her(Leia) dealing with her feelings in a natural progression. You could see her fighting what she feels all the way until the carbon-freezing chamber...Even the kiss on the asteriod was a sort of, "okay, maybe I'm attracted to him, but he's a smuggler, and I'm a princess...it could never work...besides this is just chemistry" by the time they reach the chamber, she realizes just what exactly is at stake, and realizes the depth of her feelings. In contrast, Padme voices these similar thoughts of, "I'm a senator, you're traing to be a jedi, it could never work..." but it seemed as if there was no internal struggle going on...the entire time it seemed as if she thought it was puppy love on both sides, right up until they got married...
    My Stars, I'm rambling...
    as for Darth Vader, I think it would be best if he was not in the movie at all.....

18. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    You are right Miana! ;)

And Odde, HERE HERE!!!! I couldn?t agree with you more

And I agree Mayhem but the book is always better. But as far as the movies go, it?s almost like an apology to the fans saying ?sorry the movie sucked but here?s a ?good? accomplish writer to fix it and give you a better story? y?know?

19. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Anyone else like to see something specific in Episode 3?

20. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Some clone war battles. All that talk about the clone wars, and now we don't even get to see them? What a rip off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.