main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would "your PT" have looked like?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthPoppy, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Many fans have expressed problems with the PT or that it wasn't what they had expected. So if George Lucas had said "You are the biggest, best fan of Star Wars out there, so I want you to write the PT story and scripte", what would your PT have looked like?

Some fans would change minor details and make "corrections" others would have a completely different angle or even story. I would fit into the latter catagory.

My basic plot outline would be something like this:

Episode I:
    We see the Republic as a vibrant, virtuous, peaceful place. An outside enemy force has come in from a distant part of the galaxy and is threatening the Republic with a clone army. The Jedi, an elite group of highly trained force users who had previously had a truely peace-keeping role in society must engage them. The Jedi, though highly trained and strong in the force, are regular people, not monks, not celebate and have families, etc. The film ends with a hard one victory in a battle, but there are many civilian losses on the side of the Republic. While a big battle was won, the war has just begun.

Episode II:
    The wars continue, but a growing faction in Senate and people of the Republic think that the Jedi's "honorable" way of fighting war is too costly; the enemy with its clone army kill indescriminately; many women and children and innocent civilians are getting killed, while the Jedi follow the "laws of war" to the tee. A leader of the radical faction, Palpatine, begins forming a private army which slaughters the enemy, not just the clone army. A Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi meets a promising, excellent pilot name Anakin (a young man) and thinks to train him as a Jedi, even though he is older than most trainees usually are; but he is convinced that a man with his reflexes can be a great Jedi. Anakin (who is married to a regular woman) is trained eagerly, but has some sympathy for Palpatine's faction, who are winnng victories faster (though less honourably) than the noble Jedi. When Anakin's pregnant wife is severly injured when her (non-military target) house is attacked, Anakin suggests joining forces with the radicals, is rejected by the Senate and Jedi. Anakin's wife recovers and, luckily, her unborn children are unhurt. Anakin is excited about being a father and if he has a son, he wants the son to be a Jedi and have his sabre...

Episode III:
    Palpatine's faction has now had a serious victory and the enemy is nearly defeated; in an election, members of his faction virtually sweep and take control of the Senate. The Jedi are ordered to destroy the home world of the enemy, which they refuse to carry out. Anakin and a number of other Jedi find this unacceptable and leave the Jedi, joining Palpatine's faction. These "dark Jedi" are dispatched by Palpatine to kill the Jedi who do not comply; this leads to a number of duels between dark Jedi and Jedi killing all of them accept Yoda and Obi Wan; Obi Wan and Anakin end up duelling. Anakin's wife is disgusted by his choices and leaves her husband. She gives birth to her twins and goes into hiding. Kenobi meets her in hiding and tells her what has become of her husband and warns her of the dangers of the dark side, she entrusts care of her son to Kenobi, telling him to hide the child. She keeps her daughter and goes to Alderan where the royal family adopt her. Shortly thereafter, Anakin, now Vader after being defeated in the duel, kills her for betraying him. Kenobi, Yoda and rebel leaders discuss the formation of the Rebelion and go into hiding.

That's my PT. What is yours?

Strilo edit: Two things... 1. We have a PT forum. 2. Said forum has several threads like this. :)

2. Pizza-the-Hutt

Pizza-the-Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    I think your idea of Palpatine is an interesting one. More original take than I've seen from other rewrites.

I think if I were to do it though I'd have it so Palpatine is somehow controlling the Chancellor from behind the scenes, through threats and blackmail. The Chancellor is forced into allowing Palpatine onto his staff. Palpatine then kills the Chancellor and takes control. Palpatine is working both sides of the war so while the Chancellor is in control he can draw out the conflict, and make the Chancellor seem weak. But when he takes over he brings it to an end quickly.

I haven't got the rest figured out in my head well enough to write it down here. Maybe sometime later though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.