main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What wouldv'e happend if the rebels lost at the second deatchstar and IG88 took over

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by starwarsismyally, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsismyally

starwarsismyally Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2003
    what would've happened if they did lose. i mean IG88 would've taken total control and who would stop him the deathstar would be to protective to take out and he would have control

EV Edit: Redirecting to EUC

2. BigWilly

BigWilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2003
    where do u get the IG 88 would take ever never even heard about this in EU

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    WTH? IG-88 could never take over.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Tales from the Bounty Hunters has an IG-88 story and that is where that reference came from.

I'd have to say that the Rebel Alliance would spend years recovering from it's failed mission, before trying to take out the Death Star again. In fact, I'd have to say that the Imps and the Rebels would team up for a short while in order to eliminate the thread.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You'll probably want to direct your question to the Literature forum, since this has more to do with the Expanded Universe I think, but I'll let Errant Venture decide on that. ::)

His question refers to the short story "Therefore I Am", IG-88's story in "Tales of the Bounty Hunters", where we find one of the IG-88s managed to upload himself into the second Death Star's central computer core.

EDIT 1- beat to it, it seems.

EDIT 2- I don't think IG-88A would have suceeded in his goal of taking complete control of the DS2- at worst, it would require some commando teams to take down the automated defenses, droids and, eventually, the computer core.
    That, or, failing the success of that, the Empire would probably turn around and do what the Rebels tried to do- fly into the reactor core and blow the station up, or at least try to disable it until the IG-88 programming could be purged from the systems.

EDIT 3- By Your Command [face_batting]

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not sure that Lit. is the best place for this question.

EUC would probably be better since this is a EU AU thread.

In fact, I will direct this to EUC.

7. BigWilly

BigWilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2003
    I say put it in EU section this in my opinion does not belong in the Classic Trilogy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.