main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would've happened if Darth Vader ended up being carbon-frozen?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediOverlord, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Let's say in the duel between Luke and Darth Vader in ESB,Luke somehow got the upper hand while they were in the carbon-freezing chamber and knocked Vader down into the chamber,and ended up getting frozen. What would've happened then?

Vader being a really big bargaining chip for the Rebellion?

He dies becuase his life-support suit is destroyed during the freezing process?

Post your thoughts.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The electronics on his suit would more than likely cease to function and he would probably still be conscious inside his suit until he suffocated to death. There would be a chance he would go into stasis, but when thawed, he would need to put into a hyperbaric chamber to survive until he could get his systems functional again.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    if he's still conscious inside for a while, couldn't he use the Force to thaw himself out? ;) (by pressing the buttons on the outside, I mean, not the rare Force Unthaw power :p)

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Possibly.

5. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    the insulated suit provides a layer of protection, while the carbonite temporarily immobilizes him, he has enough conciousness to use the power of the force to melt away the carbonite

6. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    All I know is that the slab with Vader in it would look extremly good. Especially if he was frozen hands in belt style.
    Seriously though, Vader would have used Force power to shatter each slab that he would have been encased in.

7. JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN

JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Probably suffocate to death... the suit would freeze? if so, suffocation. this would be him frozen with no oxygen in his last minute suffering: In thought: I cant breathe.. oohp... ooph... dead...................... lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh] wow, funny..

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait uhhh, if Vader would have suffocation problems, then how did Han survive?

9. JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN

JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Different thing, Han made it because he was in perfect hibernation. it just worked out for him.

10. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    in this case they are thinking the helmet and suit would prevent Vader's body from actually freezing, but that the freezing process would probably be enough to shut down his life support.

the former seems very likely to me, the latter not so much.

if i were as gifted as Anakin there is no way i would walk around 20 years after the duel on Mustafar and not have the very best bionics available and a suit that was so well made and redundant that the emporer's lightning wouldn't be able to shut it down immediately...it would take a while to shut down even damaged that badly.

hmmm.....

now that i think about it that's exactly what happened in RotJ isn't it? the suit kept him alive for a good bit after he was shocked, long enough possibly that he could have been saved if he wanted to live and if Luke had gotten right on getting him into a chamber.

11. Droid

Droid Jedi Master star 1

Feb 28, 2000
    The Emperor's clones were in control of Cloud City when Luke was frozen. If by some extreme stretch of the imagination Vader would have frozen instead of Luke then ROTJ would have opened with Vader's body being delivered to the Emperor. The Emperor would have defrosted Vader, Luke would have rescued Han from Jabba and the story would have continued as scripted.

12. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    His lightsaber was on, so he'd just cut through all that.

13. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    If Vader had been frozen, Luke would have been able to keep his right hand. *sage nod*

14. Sage-Master

Sage-Master Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2006
    I think the suit would have ceased to function, but Vader would still be alive, due to the same effects hat took place on Han. Either the rebellion would take Vader somehow, kill him or trade him for a lot of money and planets, or the Imperials would take him, thaw him out, and have to quickly get him into another suit.

Alternatively, if Vader had died, the Emperor would possibly have been forced to get off his arse, and do some proper fighting instead of just zapping everybody to death.

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    It would probably froze his life support machines and suspended Vader in a sleep like phase where only natural breathing, which Vader doesn't have, would occur. So,yea,He'd suffocate.

16. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Luke would have then left to try and find everyone his friends. The clones in control of the station would have delivered the frozen Vader to the emperor who would have released him, and probably given him a new suit much more powerful and agile than before.

At that point, though, the Emperor would realize that Luke was too powerful and had to be destroyed. Turning him to the dark side may not have been an option.

Now, the Emperor may have done his best to make it look like Vader had been killed, in order to try and draw Luke to attack him then be surprised with a 2 on 1 attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.