main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Saga - ST What You Have Learned - Rey, Finn rescue a new Force user [Last Jedi SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by madman007, Feb 8, 2018.

1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Well here I am again. At the precipice of a new epic story. This one is a continuation of Doomed To Repeat, yet it is not required to read that first (though you're always welcome to do so!). This is only a taste of what's to come. There may be a few surprises as well as cameos from characters who, unblieveably, I have never written. So, once again, enjoy and review as you see fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What You Have Learned

Summary - Rey and Finn are on a mission to find a Force user in a mining labor camp owned by a ruthless magistrate for the First Order. During their mission, Rey questions her new role as teacher of the new Jedi as Finn tries to support her. Is Rey ready to begin to teach the lessons of the old Jedi to the new Jedi or will she try something new?

Prologue

The hyperspace starlines quickly faded back into the darkness of space. Ahead of them in full view was the dark green planet of Vapos. Also in front of them was a First Order battle cruiser. Normally, alerts would be blaring by now. They stayed silent. In this case, they knew they would be encountering the enemy. They were in an enemy ship, after all.

Despite knowing the cruiser would be here, Rey still gasped at the sight. It was her first live sighting of a First Order ship since she escaped off of the Supreme Leader’s grand ship almost a standard year and a half ago. Much had happened to her since that time. She looked at the viewscreen past the ship to the planet below. Vapos was mostly rocky forests with wild life as its primary inhabitants. Its contribution to the galaxy was the mining of the mineral zinite, which was the metallic component used in the construction of most blasters and weapons. There were human and alien beings living there. Most now were in various labor camps owned by the First Order for the profits of mining.

During the journey, Rey read about the labor camp run by a Magistrate named Biran Holst. He was not technically part of the First Order. He was more of a legal council member who had been trusted to run the compound on Vapos. It didn’t hurt matters that Holst would share in the credits of profitability. It did seem to Rey that Holst ran the compound as if he owned it himself. He treated the laborers and villagers who mined the zinite as second-class slaves. Instances of torture and death surrounded Holst’s manner of discipline..

Rey wanted nothing to do with this man who considered himself human. Yet, dealing with him may be inevitable. A few standard weeks ago, the Resistance received an anonymous encrypted message from Vapos informing them of a human Force user hidden in the caves. That perked Rey’s interest and it was the reason she and Finn were there now. For the past several months, Rey and the Resistance had been tracking down those in the galaxy with hidden Force potential. It had been a task that she and General Leia Organa Solo began. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long after they began the search that Leia succumbed to a respiratory illness. It was an illness related to her Force induced glide through open space that was necessary for her to survive the destruction of the bridge during the Resistance’s escape from the First Order. After Leia passed away, Rey couldn’t bring herself to continue searching for those with Force ability. She temporarily went on a quest to find more information about her parents. Very little new information was revealed about them in her search. She would have continued that quest if it wasn’t for a former stormtrooper turned Resistance fighter.

She glanced over at her friend, Finn. He was busy instructing the captain and pilot on how to mask their ident codes to that of a stolen First Order craft. The captain and pilot was Adan Krun, who had also been a soldier for the Resistance for several years. Rey was positive that Adan knew how to fake a ship’s identification. She sighed because she knew about Finn’s constant need to help others.

She got up from her passenger seat and went over to them.

Finn was still instructing. “Now, if you bounce that code through the transponder they can’t scan it to authorize.”

“Right,” said the blonde-headed Adan, “they’ll only see a First Order code anyway and assume it’s good to go. Won’t they see that it’s outdated?”

Finn pointed at the ship ahead of them. “That’s a Dissident Class light battle cruiser. Smaller than your average Destroyer so their computers don’t have the full memory banks for all the past codes.”

“Exactly,” said a bored Adan.

Rey cut in, “Don’t worry about Finn, Captain. He just likes to hear himself talk.”

“Yeah, I can tell. I also know that the codes are not changed as often as they once were. You can thank their new Supreme Leader for that.”

Finn replied, “And you can thank this lady here for that change in leaders.”

Rey shook her head in modesty. “Kylo Ren appointed himself to that position after he killed Snoke. I had nothing to do with it.”

Adan uttered, “That’s not what the grapevine says.”

Rey snapped, “Then find another grapevine.”

Finn looked almost guilty. “Yeah, I even heard that rumor that you killed Snoke.”

“And guess who would be in a perfect position to make that up?” She shrugged. “Still, it could be an advantage when the time comes.”

Finn looked her straight in the eye. “Who are you and what did you do to Rey?”

She gave him a soft punch in the arm. “Come on, Finn. You know we both have changed over the years.”

“Not as much as you. You’re a Jedi and you built your own lightsaber.”

“You’re half right. I’m no Jedi.”

“Not yet.”

Captain Adan interrupted. “I punched in the verification code and it’s ready to send. Unless you two want to be alone for a while.”

“No!” they both snapped in unison.

Finn added awkwardly, “I mean...proceed.”

Adan switched on the comm and announced, “Battle cruiser, Fortune’s Glory, this is shuttle Hope’s Doom requesting passage to the mining compound.”

A voice on the comm responded, “Shuttle Hope’s Doom, what is your purpose and cargo?”

Adan replied, “Technical parts for your computer upgrade.”

The voice returned. “Those weren’t scheduled until next month.”

Adan sighed in fake frustration. “Someone in admin decided to push it up. Hey, they only tell me when and where, what can I say? You know how they are.”

“Understood. Proceed to transmit authorization code.” After Adan punched the code in, the voice came back with, “Stand by, Hope’s Doom, for verification.”

The comm clicked off but both Rey and Adan looked at Finn on hearing about verification. Finn assured them. “That only means they have to get verbal authorization from the Magistrate.”

“Holst,” Rey said with contempt. Finn nodded.

“But Holst isn’t an official for the First Order. He’s only a legal figure,” said Adan.

Finn explained, “The compound itself is First Order owned. You’re right that Holst is only there as a legality. The First Order can no longer afford officers to act as babysitters for slaves mining zinite. Technically, Holst can’t use stormtroopers as guards, either. He hires mercenaries to do the dirty work for them.”

Rey said, “Including extreme torture or death for the villagers if they’re not up to par.”

Finn nodded. “On Holst’s orders.”

“Finn, this man is the real scum in the galaxy.”

“I agree, but there may be someone with the Force down there wanting to escape.”

“I know,” she said.

The voice returned on comm to say, “Shuttle Hope’s Doom, you are authorized passage to the main compound. Sending beacon coordinates now. Proceed to land on Platform A6.”

“A6, got it. Hope’s Doom out.” Adan shut off the com. “No sweat.”

Rey had to remind the Captain, “That was only Phase one.”

Finn added, “One of twenty phases.”

Rey continued. “We have to find our Force potential. The message said the person was somewhere inside those caves nearby.”

“Too bad they couldn’t be more specific,” said Finn as he gathered his own gear.

Rey shook her head. “The message ended abruptly. It may have been done in a hurry.”

“Or the messenger was shot before they could end the transmission,” suggested Adan.

“Also a possibility. All the more reason to find this person.”

Finn asked her, “How can you find this person in acres of caves?”

She smiled at him as she picked up her gear. “How else would you find someone who uses the Force?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Vapos main mining compound - detention area

The guard opened the cell door for the man as ordered. A human male of medium height with balding brown-white hair nodded to the guard as a signal to leave them alone. Magistrate Biran Holst entered the cell further in. He straightened his beige tunic made of the finest fabric. It was too good to be worn here, but he had no choice. He looked down at her.

She was a frail human female in her late teens wearing a tattered tunic full of dark cave dust. Her long blonde hair strayed in every direction and looked darker than it really was from the dirt embedded in the hairs. She was curled into a fetal position in the far corner of the cell. She ignored the flat metal bed that the cell provided. Proof of recent torture had shown on her arms and legs.

Holst smiled. “Good morning. I trust you had a good night’s sleep. On the floor.” No reply. “You’re not very talkative. You haven’t been for the past few weeks. No matter. I will still get my answers. One way or another.” He started to pace back and forth in front of her. “You haven’t said a word since you were caught. That will change. As will your diet here. You really don’t need all that food. And if you continue your silence, you won’t need food at all. Of course, if you do cooperate and give me answers, then you’ll have a four-course meal.”

He stopped pacing and bent down to speak to her. “You see, my dear, cooperation is a two-way street. You give me something I need and I give you something back. So! Let’s begin again, shall we? What do we know about you so far? Your name? No. We know you were caught sending a sub-space message, so you are tech savvy. What else do we know? Are you part of the laborers who escaped deep into the caves a few months ago? Perhaps.

“Now, I will divulge into what we found out just from the message you sent. It was too late to stop the transmission, so it went through. To the Resistance. The receiving codes of where it was sent were encrypted, of course. We can’t know where the Resistance is, can we? What about the subject of the message, you ask? I shall tell you. It was to let them know that there is one among you that is Force sensitive. I mean, that would be sweet. The new Supreme Leader, Kylo Ren, happens to be hunting that same type. I’m sure he would be very interested in meeting this person.”

The girl finally moved her position. Holst brightened his expression until she backed up to sit against the wall. She then grinned at him defiantly. She stayed silent.

Holst stood straight and said, “Very well. Your actions here are clear. We’ll see how much smiling you do after your food is cut off. Water will eventually be the next essential item to go. Just know this. I will find your hidden traitors in those caves if I have to blast out every corner. And your Resistance pals? If they try to pay us a visit, I will be ready for them.” He edged even closer to her face. “And I will eliminate every one of them. Because nobody can outthink me. Your silence will be their doom. And I surely hope for your sake-”

He was interrupted by his comlink that chirped. He gave a frustrated sigh and answered it. “What? I’m kind of busy here!”

“Sir, a First Order shuttle just came out of hyperspace and they requested to land at the compound.”

“What do they want?”

“It’s a tech crew for the computer upgrades you asked for.”

“Those were not scheduled until next month.”

“I know, sir. I told them but someone higher up seems to have pushed up the timeline.”

Holst growled. “Typical! First Order is always changing their plans. Especially when they don’t have a plan.” He gasped after realizing he said it on comm. He told the officer, “That was off the record, Commander.”

“Yes, sir.”

“I’m serious. If any of what I just said gets back to me, I’ll know who leaked it. And I can make your life a living Hell if you do.”

“Understood, sir.”

“Now, does this shuttle have a proper authorization code?”

“They do, sir.”

“Very well. Authorization accepted. I may meet with them for an update later.”

“Very good, sir.”

“Dismissed.” He clicked the comm off without hearing the Commander's reply.

Holst put the comlink away. He brushed through his balding hair with his hand. He readdressed the girl, who was still smiling. “Sorry for the interruption, my dear. Where were we? Oh, yes, your Resistance friends. I will know when they arrive. And they will pay for your mistake. Because nothing gets past Biran Holst.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter One coming sooner than you realize.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    And I have Chapter One ready below.

What You Have Learned - Chapter One

On board the stolen First Order shuttle, Hope’s Doom

“Anything yet?” asked the impatient Finn.

Rey sat cross-legged on the metal grated floor of the shuttle’s bay. She had been concentrating deep in the Force. She opened one eye at him and sighed. “Of course not. I keep getting interrupted by a former stormtrooper. In answer to your question, though, I can feel...someone. It’s faint, but they’re somewhere in the caves.”

“You can’t pinpoint an exact location?”

She opened both her eyes to look at him with unbelief. “You still don’t know how the Force works, do you?”

“Well, I...uh...not really. Hey, you could teach me in one of your future classes.”

“Oh, sure. What’s the prerequisite to attend those classes? That’s right, the ability to actually use the Force.”

“I’ve fought with a lightsaber. You’ve seen me.”

“Yes, and you almost had your spine severed by one in the process. So, not the same.” She stood up and glanced towards the entrance to the main area of the shuttle. “Is Adan ready?”

Almost as if on cue, Captain Adan Krun entered the area. He had ditched his usual vest and shirt of a pilot and now wore the gray uniform of a First Order Systems Technician. He gave a sigh. “Please tell me I don’t have to be in this for too long.”

“Hopefully not,” replied Rey.

“Really? I just overheard you tell Finn that you can’t get a location of the Force user we’re looking for.”

“Don’t worry. Once I’m closer I can lock in a more definite location. Who knows, maybe whomever it is may detect me first and try to contact me.”

“They can do that?” asked Adan.

“In the Force, yes. We can feel each other. And once we do make contact, we’ll contact you.”

“Meanwhile, I have to act as a Tech Officer.”

Finn said, “I’ve already set up the data discs over there that will act as an upgrade. They use a redundant system that uses binary codes and all those discs will do is rearrange the codes around. It will look like it’s upgrading but it’s only for show.”

“As long as another tech doesn’t come by and asks questions.”

“Shouldn’t be. Small operation like this one, the management turns a blind eye to technical upgrades. Some don’t even check on the tech when they’re working. But in the case that they do, you were a soldier. I’m sure you can improvise,” Finn said.

“Great. I can just see a HoloNet Drama Award for Best Actor in my future.”

Finn chuckled, but his expression turned to concern. He noticed something on Adan’s uniform. He reached for the ranking pin on Adan’s right chest and took it off.

“Ow. What are you doing?”

Finn explained as he reattached the pin on the left side, “First Order ranking pins are always on the left side. Details.”

Rey appeared with her pack and asked, “Are we ready? A landing party will be coming soon.”

Finn grabbed his gear and replied, “Yeah, let’s do this.” He turned to Adan and asked, “You gonna be all right?”

“Sure. If anything goes wrong I can always blast my out of anything.”

Rey smiled and gave Finn a knowing look. “Who does that sound like?”

Finn nodded and asked Adan, “You sure you aren’t part Solo?”

The Captain scoffed. “I wish. Now get out of here before they see you.”

Rey and Finn grabbed their bags and went down the ramp of the shuttle. The landing platform was void of guards, which was strange to Rey. “Where is everyone?”

“Oh, so you want to have guards recognize the two of us? Two faces that are on alerts of every HoloNet security faction in the galaxy?”

“Let’s not exaggerate.”

“I’m not. And neither are they.” Finn nodded towards something ahead of them. Two compound guards were headed straight for the shuttle. Rey saw them and quickly acted. She grabbed Finn by the arm and pulled him away out of sight of the guards. She hid the both of them behind a large storage bin. They could see the guards approaching but it looked like something alerted them.

Finn cursed. “Guess I’ll have to get used to you grabbing me in a chase now.” He nodded to the guards. “Maybe they didn’t see us.” The guards stopped and started looking around. “Ah, too late. We were too close. They heard us.”

“Maybe they can hear something else.” Rey concentrated in the Force. The guards were close enough to them to hear one of them say, “What was that?”

The other guard looked around but eventually said, “Ah, it’s nothing. Come on, we have to see this tech. We have a schedule to keep.” The other guard nodded and they both proceeded to the shuttle. Neither guard saw them behind the bin.

“All right, we’re clear,” said Rey. “Let’s get to those caves. I can feel that potential in the Force stronger out here.”

They started to hike south of the landing platform as the sky was starting to get darker from dusk approaching. Rey turned on her light bar that was attached to the collar of her vest. Finn did the same for his. They cleared further away from the platform and were on a medium grade slope. They walked several meters until they came to an open area in the large darkened rock formation. The opening was small and low so they had to crouch under the rock to enter the cave. Once they were in, the ceiling of the cave was much higher so they could stand. Rey turned her body around in order to light the way around the cave. She found a worn path in one direction.

“Look, Finn, the trail starts here.”

“Yeah. Well, ladies first.”

She scoffed and said dripping with sarcasm, “You’re such a gentleman.”

They eased their way through the cave via the trail. Along the way, the trail started to thin and their lights could tell them why. They were on a narrow ridge where the right side dipped downward at a very steep angle. It was very nearly a cliff. They slowed their pace as they walked the edge.

“Wonder how deep that goes,” said Finn, his voice echoing through the vast walls of the cave.

“Let’s not find out,” she replied.

The trail widened and the abyss was gone. They could walk normally now. After several minutes, Finn stopped to sit on a rock outcropping. He was breathless. “Rey...I have to stop...for a moment.”

Rey came back to stand in front of him since she was so far ahead. She smirked and said, “What happened to that stormtrooper stamina?”

Former stormtrooper. And our training never included cave diving.”

“You do know we’re not technically cave diving.”

“Not yet. Who knows how steep this place goes down.” He reached into his bag and found a ration bar that he tore into and started eating.

In turn, Rey took out her thermos and took quick sips of water. It was something she learned to do on the hot sandy surface of Jakku. Which reminded her of something. “Wait. Didn’t you once walk across the Jakku desert for miles?”

“Yes, but that was flat sand not rocky up and down terrain. At least it’s cool in here.” He paused before he asked, “What’s the latest update on our Force user location?”

She closed her eyes to feel the same presence in the Force. She opened them and replied, “They’re definitely closer in here. Stronger feel in the Force. We’re heading in the correct direction.”

“Good to hear. Say, since we finally have a quiet moment alone, I wanted to ask you something.”

“Finn, you had the whole trip on the shuttle to ask.”

“I do believe I said alone. We didn’t have that with Captain Adan there. Not that I don’t trust him. Being a soldier he may not understand.”

“What’s your question, Finn?”

“We’ve spent the last standard year looking for and then meeting with those who have Force potential in the galaxy. General Solo and you started it before that and you’re just now restarting it.”

Her voice had an edge. “You were fully aware that I had been searching for the truth about my parents.”

“And how did that turn out for you? Anything really that different from what you already knew?”

She hesitated but said, “Somewhat. Look, Finn, I had to stop our search, especially after Leia died. I couldn’t bring myself to continue it. But my search for my parents ended almost as soon as it began. That search is over, as you know.”

“I know. But that wasn’t part of my question. You’ve found, what, some forty people and aliens who have Force potential?”

“Forty-one. And a possible forty-two soon. And those are all the ones who have accepted our offer. Mostly they’re young teens and adults. The older ones we found already had families. They couldn’t leave them for a life of adventure that late in their lives.”

“That’s understandable. So, are you shooting for a specific number before you start teaching Jedi 101?”

She frowned. “It’s not that simple, Finn. There’s tons of preparation before I even begin lessons.”

“I think you just said the one word that’s really holding you back. I. Rey, now that Leia is gone, you are trying to do this Jedi thing all by yourself.”

Rey shot back. “You don’t understand, Finn. I have to teach them what it means to be a Jedi. Why? Because I’m the only one left. Me. Alone. After Leia passed, I’m the only Jedi.” She paused as she squinted her eyes. “Sort of.”

Finn replied, “And you can never understand that you are not alone. Not anymore.”

She finally sat down next to him on the outcropping. She uttered, “I know that. It’s just that the pressure of teaching them in the ways of the Force is scaring me.”

“As it would most people in your position.”

“And that’s the problem, Finn. I am the first one in Jedi history to be in this position.”

“Rey, I’ve seen you reading those Jedi books you got from Luke Skywalker. Surely, those can help you.”

“They are a great help. They’re about the only thing that is. I’ve learned so much about the Force in such a short time. I’m still learning and I have to teach a group on how to use their powers in a certain manner. I don’t know where to start.”

“Rey, I’ve seen you fix a hyperdrive by taking out the compression coils. Something no one else thought of. Not even an experienced pilot like Han Solo thought of that. I know you, Rey. You won’t stop until you find a solution, even if it’s unconventional. These Jedi lessons shouldn’t be any different. You’ll find a way. You always do.”

As Rey was about to express her gratitude, they both heard a peculiar sound. A clicking sound.

“What is that?” Finn asked.

Rey moved her shoulder to shine her light on the ground. Crawling on the rock trail were several black insects that were coming straight for them. They were a few inches long each with pinchers in front. Rey answered him casually, “Oh, those are cave beetles. They’re harmless.”

“Harmless? Are those pinchers supposed to be harmless? Wait.” Finn began to notice something. “They’re only coming to me. And ignoring you.”

“Huh. You’re right.”

“Why are they coming to me?”

“Maybe they like you.”

“Seriously?”

“And you are the one holding actual food.” She stood up and said, “I do feel their presence in the Force. They seem to be afraid of me.”

“Yeah? Well, I have a blaster.” He shouted down at the insects. “And I will use it with no regrets!”

“Or you could get up and start walking. They don’t move too fast so they may have trouble catching up to you.”

Finn did get up and grab his pack in one quick motion. He started backing up and distancing himself from the beetles. “Let’s go.”

Rey grabbed her pack and followed Finn back on the trail.

After a few minutes of walking, Finn stopped and asked, “Wait. You said you can feel those insects in the Force? What if those are the things you’re tracking?”

She looked at him and shook her head. “Maybe you should take my Force 101 class when I have it. The presence I felt is very much human. And why would the laborers risk sending that message to the Resistance for Force potential beetles?”

“I guess you have a point. How is that Force tracking going?”

“Straight ahead. It’s getting stronger.”

They continued to walk the trail. After several minutes, the ground started to level and the rocky terrain turned to soil. They came across a wide clearing that was lined with a rock wall. In one spot on the ground there was what once looked like a former campfire and shelter.

Rey shone her light on the area. “Someone was camping here.” She felt the air above it with the palm of her hand and noted, “Not long ago.”

“Only one?”

Rey looked around at the soil surrounding the area. “There’s two sets of footprints.”

They suddenly heard a creaking noise from beyond the opposite wall. Finn held a hand on his blaster. Rey brought up a hand to signal that she would investigate alone. As she reached closer to the wall, she noticed there was an open passage that led to the trail they were on. She grabbed her lightsaber and continued with caution. She entered the opening.

A flash of blue-white light came down upon her, slashing the air with a familiar sound. She quickly backed away and ignited her own amber-colored lightsaber. Out of the opening came a male figure. He had dark scruffy hair and a medium build. His loose shirt and pants were covered in cave dust. He looked to be in his mid-twenties. He wore a look of scorn that matched the manner in which he was holding his lightsaber.

He finally spoke in a guttural, deep voice. “Excellent reflexes. For a Jedi.” He spat the title.

“Technically, I’m not a Jedi. Yet. Who are you?”

Instead of answering, he instead cried, “You’re not taking her.”

“Who?”

“I’ve heard you both here in the caves. You’re looking for Force users to take them away!”

Rey explained, “We are doing nothing of the sort. Now, please, tell me about her.”

As a reply, he greeted her with a hard swinging strike from above. She parried easily. He then attempted a medium arc aimed at her waist. She simply side-stepped away as he swung at air. She tried a backhanded swipe at his back. He turned just in time to block it. He made several quick jabs that she met with blocks of her own. His expression showed obvious confusion.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“My name is Rey. And I’m not your enemy.”

“Jedi or not, you are not taking her away from me.”

“I’m not taking–” He tried another high swipe but she blocked it in mid arc. “–anyone!” Her initial thought while dueling this man was that she could read him in the Force to anticipate his next move. But it felt that her instinct was too easily achieved. Was she only reading his feelings in the Force? She concentrated on him in the Force. Other than his presence, there was nothing else. Add in his pleas of not taking her away, and she understood.

She immediately shut down her lightsaber and merely stood before him calmly.

Finn cried out first. “Rey, what are you doing?”

“Trust me.”

“I’ve heard that before.”

“I’m not talking to you, Finn. I’m telling our new guest to trust me. I am not here to fight you.”

“That will lead to your defeat.” He lunged at her with a jab that she simply side-stepped without the blade hitting her. He turned to swing at mid-level again and she ducked down to avoid it.

Finn called out to the man, “You sure it will be her defeat?”

“Finn, not now.” She backed up until she hit the rock wall. The man mistakenly believed she was trapped with nowhere to escape. He grinned wide as he lunged again toward her. At the last moment, she jumped quickly into a summersault over the blade and him to land on his opposite side. His momentum took him into the rock wall and his lightsaber dug deep into it. The sudden stop of the blade made him fall to the ground. He was breathless from the fight but Rey was calm.

She then used the Force to call his lightsaber out of the rock and into her hand. She extinguished it. She looked it over. “Impressive design. I knew of one similar to this one. And it used the same color crystal. But you didn’t make it, did you?”

“It was my grandfather’s,” he snapped. “Now give it back!”

She handed him back the weapon and asked him, “How did I defeat you?”

“You lied. You are a Jedi.”

She shook her head. “No. I didn’t lie. There are no more Jedi. Yet, how did I defeat you? Simple. I used the Force. Your technique is good. But that’s all you could use.” She tilted her head and stated, “You have no Force ability. Otherwise, you would have anticipated my moves even without my weapon by sensing them.”

“Wait,” added Finn, “he’s not the Force user we’ve been looking for?”

“No.”

“But you said the Force was stronger here.”

“It was.” She motioned to the lightsaber. “It’s in there. The Kaiburr crystal inside of it gives off immense Force energy. I have the same crystal in mine but a different color.” She edged closer to the man. She smiled and stated softly, “You’re afraid. Don’t be.”

“Get out of my head!” the man cried.

“See, that’s a misconception with people who can use the Force. I can’t read your mind. I read your emotions. And I can tell there’s something you’re not telling us.”

Finn remarked, “He hasn’t told us anything yet.”

She ignored him and asked the man, “Did you send the message about the Force user to the Resistance?”

The man’s eyes went wide. “How did you know about that?”

“Well, I didn’t. Until you just proved it. We are from the Resistance. And as I said, I am not taking anyone away against their will. I allow them to choose. You understand?”

He nodded.

Rey perked up and said cheerfully, “Excellent. Now, you know our names. What’s yours?”

The man was hesitant but stated, “Jerrex Kestal.”

“Jerrex,” began Rey, “glad to make your acquaintance. So, who is this her you kept referring to? I assume she is the Force user. I can still sense a human presence close by and the Force is strong with it.”

Jerrex nodded and answered, “She’s my sister.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Youngling

Monday
    Great start! Enjoying Finn and Rey's banter. They are so sweet together.
    Also in the cave as Finn is eating his rations. The bugs made me smile.
    Ha ha!
    I have a feeling they are going to give Biran Holst a run for his money.

madman007 likes this.