main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "What You Most Believe In" (post-NJO, K/J, songfic) Chapter 8 up 14 Oct! Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    whoa...the blow with the child must have been hard and I definitley wasn't expecting it...their reactions were perfect too, and true, it was rather early :D

the end made me go "awww..." and now my roomate and my friend (who is practically my roomate) are looking at me funny again :p you've got to stop making me do that!

[face_laugh]

great update! more soon!

EJ

2. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    ::dances::

And the computer works long enough for me to get to this!!!

::dances::

I love it. I think I went through all the posts in like ten minutes, I just had to keep reading til it was the last post! I'm sitting here with the hugest grin on my face.

I like that the girl has a crush on Kyp, and Jaina's like, oh, Lordie, I remember doing that... ...which brings me to asking, any hope for an update on WTTC?

I like how there wasn't a kid. ::winces:: Well, yes and no. I like how they were both disappointed. And I like how there's going to be a second chance!

-Saber

3. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Cati: well, that's gonna be messy. grass in all kinds of places.

Uh. Anyway. . .

ROTFLOL!!

Dana: I love this! Kyp and Jaina being mushy and cute (including the tribute to Han and Leia's exchange at the end of ESB), and Han telling Leia not to go find them, hehe.

"No baby," she choked out. "There's no baby."

Oh man...that was so sad. I love that scene and how she couldn't talk at first... Now I know what you meant about not wanting to write that scene. :( Poor Jaina and Kyp!!

Kyp didn't speak, just looked at her with those dark green eyes.

Jaina stopped at the corner of the bed. "I'll have you."

So... like... hon, where's the rest?? She'll have him...massage her feet? She'll have him...fly her ship. Or, she'll have him turn into a vampire and drink her blood? Like, what???? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here! ;)

Eowyn_Jade: the end made me go "awww..." and now my roomate and my friend (who is practically my roomate) are looking at me funny again you've got to stop making me do that!

LOL! But, that's the best part of having a freshman roomie! They get to give you weird looks every time you roflol at your computer screen or reach for your tissues!

More soon, Dana!

-Mia

4. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004

ooh, another post! Knew I shouldn't have gone to bed early.

It's sad, but hopeful... hm... They've lost something, but they've got more to look forward to... aw.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Babi_Tahiri - Claiming my first reply! You already know I loved it. I think, even though this post is heartwrenching, it's wonderful. Of course, it fits with the song.

Yeah, it does. Which was difficult, but it was really too early . . . and relationships that begin with a baby like that don't usually end up as the best ones . . . *glances over at Abby* But there are exceptions . . .

Abby - And, really, who wouldn't? - *snicker*

You KNOW I had to use that! :p

Love it...of course...sad, but ended up hopeful. I can't wait to see part 8

I can't wait to write part 8. :p

Daughterofflame - Wooohoo! 1st reply!!!!!

Third, actually, but that's okay. :)

Great post!!!

Thanks. :)

Eowyn_Jade - whoa...the blow with the child must have been hard and I definitley wasn't expecting it...their reactions were perfect too, and true, it was rather early

I had actually debated whether I wanted to have her not be pregnant and just think she was, or to have her be pregnant and lose the child. As it stands, it can go either way, and I think it works. It's up to the reader, I suppose, to decide.

the end made me go "awww..." and now my roomate and my friend (who is practically my roomate) are looking at me funny again you've got to stop making me do that!

I couldn't help working that white sweater in there. ;)

great update! more soon!

I'm working on it. :)

SaberBlade - ::dances:: And the computer works long enough for me to get to this!!!

LOL!

::dances:: I love it. I think I went through all the posts in like ten minutes, I just had to keep reading til it was the last post! I'm sitting here with the hugest grin on my face.

I'm glad you like it. :)

I like that the girl has a crush on Kyp, and Jaina's like, oh, Lordie, I remember doing that... ...which brings me to asking, any hope for an update on WTTC?

I have a partially written one on my laptop, I've just been too lazy to transfer it over. I'm probably gonna do that today. Or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

I like how there wasn't a kid. ::winces:: Well, yes and no. I like how they were both disappointed. And I like how there's going to be a second chance!

Well, the song pretty much required that there be no baby. So . . . *shrug* Yes, there's definitely going to be a second chance. :)

MiaTieska - Cati: well, that's gonna be messy. grass in all kinds of places.
    Uh. Anyway. . .
    ROTFLOL!!

That still makes me laugh . . .

Dana: I love this! Kyp and Jaina being mushy and cute (including the tribute to Han and Leia's exchange at the end of ESB), and Han telling Leia not to go find them, hehe.

I don't think Leia would have liked what she found . . . ;)

"No baby," she choked out. "There's no baby."
    Oh man...that was so sad. I love that scene and how she couldn't talk at first... Now I know what you meant about not wanting to write that scene. Poor Jaina and Kyp!!

I always have a reluctance when writing stuff like this. Except in "Fidelis". That was fine, because the child was the spawn of Satan. ;)

I need to write a HAPPY songfic about babies now . . .

Kyp didn't speak, just looked at her with those dark green eyes.
    Jaina stopped at the corner of the bed. "I'll have you."
    So... like... hon, where's the rest?? She'll have him...massage her feet? She'll have him...fly her ship. Or, she'll have him turn into a vampire and drink her blood? Like, what???? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here!

*pictures Kraven in "Underworld", drools* Uh, sorry about that . . . Um . . . Good question. ;)

Eowyn_Jade: the end made me go "awww..." and now my roomate and my friend (who is practically my roomate) are looking at me funny again you've got to stop making me do that!
    LOL! But, that's the best part of having a freshman roomie! They get to give you weird looks every time you roflol at your computer screen or reach for your tissues!

6. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Another late reply from me.

No baby? Oh! *tear*

I like Sarisa... and found her crush on Kyp very amusing.

7. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    printing it out so i can read it in journalizm tonight (no offense, but the liberals in there are so annoying)

8. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I am *loving* this fic, Dana. It's perfect(-ly mushy)...and I rather like this Sarisa girl. She seems sweet :D more soon please?

-JSD

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Smuggler_Shidakis - Another late reply from me.

Better late than never! :)

No baby? Oh! *tear*

Well . . . *points to song lyrics*

I like Sarisa... and found her crush on Kyp very amusing.

:D Me, too. She's in this a bit more, but she'll be in the sequel more.

Amithyst_Blade - printing it out so i can read it in journalizm tonight (no offense, but the liberals in there are so annoying)

I'm not offended, I'm not a liberal. ;)

Jaina_Solo_Durron - I am *loving* this fic, Dana. It's perfect(-ly mushy)...and I rather like this Sarisa girl. She seems sweet more soon please?

Well, chapter 8's done, I just need to get it beta'd, then I can post. :) I'm glad you like it. :)

Dana

10. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    This is sooooooooooooo freakin' amazing and I mean FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!

I have to say, I almost cried when Jaina said there was no baby......

But at least they have each other and are sooooooo in love!

Speaking othe crush that girl has on Kyp, it'd be cool to introduce someone a little older or not even to come in the picture and ruffle things a bit, just for fun you know....to get Jaina a little jealous ;)

11. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This is really really good. I enjoyed reading it so far and I like how you've develloped things. I like the way both Jaina and Kyp have a touch of 'naiveness' about them, in the way that they don't know how much they care about each other. LOL and for once Jaina isn't pregnant ;) Sorry, that sounded harsh, but the trend in K/J fic is usually and soon as they get together there's a child, LOL nobody wait anymore :p Must be a Dutch thing.

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    C3SoloP0 -This is sooooooooooooo freakin' amazing and I mean FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!

Thanks you. :)

I have to say, I almost cried when Jaina said there was no baby......

Yeah, I almost cried having to write it.

But at least they have each other and are sooooooo in love!

And they've finally both said it, lol.

Speaking othe crush that girl has on Kyp, it'd be cool to introduce someone a little older or not even to come in the picture and ruffle things a bit, just for fun you know....to get Jaina a little jealous

I'll have to write one like that, 'cause that isn't gonna happen in here. :) Maybe I'll write a bit of a prequel to "When The Tide Comes", or a flash-back sequence to when Cassia was alive.

Elfsheen - This is really really good. I enjoyed reading it so far and I like how you've develloped things. I like the way both Jaina and Kyp have a touch of 'naiveness' about them, in the way that they don't know how much they care about each other. LOL and for once Jaina isn't pregnant Sorry, that sounded harsh, but the trend in K/J fic is usually and soon as they get together there's a child, LOL nobody wait anymore Must be a Dutch thing.

Well, relationships can be uncertain. I was really reluctant at first to even have the possibility of her being pregnant, but the story really called for it, in the song lyrics.

However, I've noticed that the trend isn't so much with K/J 'fics to have them immediately have a baby. there are some like that, yes, but it's a rather small percentage.

Dana

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, guys, here's the finale! :) There will be a sequel, so don't worry. :) I just can't guarantee when, 'cause I have to write it when the story wants to be written.

[b]--Chapter Eight--[/b]

[i]Somewhere, something is calling for you
    Two worlds, one family
    Trust your heart
    Let fate decide
    To guide these lives we see

-- Phil Collins, "Two Worlds"[/i]

They'd recreated the grand audience chamber from the Great Temple on Yavin IV. Kyp, who was there to act as witness for Jag, wore his best robes. Of course, having been asked that morning, he'd dressed sooner and rather more hurriedly than he'd planned--or Jaina, for that matter, who had been quite put out by the comm beeping at 0800--and was still attempting to straighten said robes as he and Jaina took their positions in the audience chamber. She, in turn, was acting as Tahiri's witness, and both were expected to participate in the ceremony.

Jaina reached up and straightened his collar. She smoothed the front of his robes, then hooked her thumb in his belt. "There. Perfect."

Across the aisle, Jacen snorted.

She levelled a look at her twin. "Excuse me? Don't make me come over there!"

Kyp hooked his arm around Jaina's waist. "Careful, Goddess. Wouldn't want to get blood on the aisle runner."

Jaina smirked. "Yeah, I don't think Tahiri would appreciate getting Jacen's blood on her dress on her wedding day."

Jacen stuck his tongue out at her.

Standing next to Jacen, his fiancée, Queen Mother Tenel Ka, gave her future consort a tolerant look, then winked at Jaina. Tenel Ka was the only one Jaina had told about anything, and the other woman whole-heartedly supported Jaina's decision to accept Kyp.

"I think-" Jaina began, but was cut off by the sound of a slap, then a thump, and a groan.

They looked over to see Sarisa, in her new robes, kick a prone Valin Horn in the shin. His sister Jysella stood nearby, laughing. Sarisa humphed, and stomped over to where Kyp and Jaina stood.

Kyp raised an eyebrow. "What'd he do?"

"Ventured his hands into territory better left unexplored," the teenager said. She moved to stand on the other side of Kyp. The Jedi Master, who had been apprised of the girl's crush, hugged Jaina tighter.

Jaina snickered as Valin got to his feet.

The doors opened and Jag's family entered. Jaina had met them for the first time that morning, and while she liked Syal Fel, she was glad she had not married into that family. She belonged with Kyp.

Jaina leaned back against Kyp and sighed. He slid his other arm around her and kissed her temple.

"When do you want to do this?" he whispered close to her ear.

"Soon," she murmured, not taking her eyes off her uncle as he and Jag walked in.

"How's next month sound?"

She turned at that. "Really?"

"Really."

Jaina grinned. "Sounds perfect."

Across the aisle, Jacen leaned over to Tenel Ka. "What are they talking about?"

"I believe, my love, they are discussing weddings." Tenel Ka looped her arm through Jacen's. "As we should be doing."

Jacen smiled.

Leia hurried in, to stand beside Jaina. Her brown eyes took in her daughter standing in Kyp's arms, and sighed. "All right. Fine. But you'd better tell me you're getting married!"

Jaina grinned. She glanced at her father, then said, "Wouldn't want to disappoint you. Can you throw one of these together in a month?"

Han laughed. "Jaina, your mother's just about invincible. I wouldn't put it past her."

Further conversation was cut short when the doors opened again, and Tahiri Veila entered, on the arm of Corran Horn. From the way the younger woman's face lit up at the sight of Jag, standing there in his black uniform, and the way he smiled back, it was obvious to Jaina they were going to be very happy.

"I can't wait to marry you," Kyp said softly. "I love you."

Jaina was sure she was grinning stupidly as Jag and Tahiri were married.

----------

Kyp pulled Jaina into his arms, his hands brushing the white fabric of her skirt. "You are so beautiful," he said softly.

She smiled,

14. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    They're married and it's so cute. Aw.

Valin/Sarisa! :eek: XD Valin's such an idiot. He's so fun.

and. . . I can't think of a decent enough reply. Um, I loved this story, I couldn't help the inappropriate comment (I was thinking of sand, too ;) ) and there's going to be a sequel? So cool.

<3

15. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ::melts in mush::

:p

[face_laugh] I love saying that! it means a stoy is awesome and yours definitley was ;)

great job! I'll be on the lookout for the sequel when your mind ngets around to thinking it up :p

EJ

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Sequel!!

*stomps insistently*

sequel Sequel SEQUEL!!!!!

17. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Valin/Sarisa all the way!!!

"Ventured his hands into territory better left unexplored," the teenager said.

That's the greatest. It's going to go into my K/J quote file when I actually make it.

Sequel!!

-Saber

18. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    awww!! sooooooooo cute! they got married! :D :D

awesome fic Dana, as always!

19. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Heeeeee

Loved it, but you already knew that ;)

Sarisa's line about Valin was great, and I also like Leia's remark when she saw Jaina standing in Kyp's arms.

...and a sequel would be lovely :D

~Abby~

20. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    aw!!!

*squeals*

that is so adorable... i feel all warm and squishy inside. :-D

oh Dana, you did an awesome job, yet again!!!

21. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    One very sweet post! Well done!

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - They're married and it's so cute. Aw.

And I swore I wasn't going to end it with them married, but, eh.

Valin/Sarisa! XD Valin's such an idiot. He's so fun.

Maybe. Not sure if I going to continue that.

and. . . I can't think of a decent enough reply. Um, I loved this story, I couldn't help the inappropriate comment (I was thinking of sand, too ) and there's going to be a sequel? So cool.

That "inappropriate comment" wasn't inappropriate. :p I found it highly amusing. Yes, there's gonna be a sequel. :)

Eowyn_Jade - ::melts in mush:: I love saying that! it means a stoy is awesome and yours definitley was

Thank you. :)

great job! I'll be on the lookout for the sequel when your mind ngets around to thinking it up

Yeah . . . hopefully it'll be soon, but now I have a post-JAT bunny in my head . . .

AvenKiel - Sequel!! *stomps insistently* Sequel Sequel SEQUEL!!!!!

LOL! I'll do my best!

SaberBlade - Valin/Sarisa all the way!!! /

Maybe . . . not sure if I want to do that . . .

"Ventured his hands into territory better left unexplored," the teenager said.
    That's the greatest. It's going to go into my K/J quote file when I actually make it.

LOL.

Sequel!!

Like I said, I'll do my best.

C3SoloP0 - awww!! sooooooooo cute! they got married!

Yep. :)

awesome fic Dana, as always!

Abby - Heeeeee Loved it, but you already knew that

Of course I did. :)

Sarisa's line about Valin was great, and I also like Leia's remark when she saw Jaina standing in Kyp's arms.

:)

...and a sequel would be lovely

Of course it would. ;)

Amithyst_Blade - aw!!! *squeals* that is so adorable... i feel all warm and squishy inside. :-D

LOL! Squishy?!

oh Dana, you did an awesome job, yet again!!!

Thanks. :)

Elfsheen - One very sweet post! Well done!

Dana

23. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Late again! It's not my fault! I'm not allowed to use the computer til tomorrow!

I love the prettyful coupleness. K/J is still sweet.

Ventured his hands into territory best left unexplored

hee hee hee

Sequel! Loverly sequel! *waits impatiently*

24. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome story

but there needs to be a sequel yes?

25. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Kyp stood in front of her and held his arms out to either side. "Me," he said. "That's it. That's all you're getting. Every cell, every fiber of me. I swore to you here, Jaina, that you would never be without me, and I swear it again. Even if death should separate us for a time, I'm yours."

*sniffle* I wish someone would say that to me...cho chweet, Dana. Me loves it :D

I'm not going to ask for a sequel, because I don't know how you (or anyone) could write a sequel to this without it being not-quite-as-brilliant as this...but that just shows how good it is, IMHO. Great stuff, Dana dear.

-JSD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.