main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What yous doing for St Andrews Day then?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MOTs_Minx, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    I will be sporting the old tartan knickers for the benefit of the darn English!!!

I tried to make Tablet last weekend and failed miserably. So I might get some shortbread and bring it in...show these people that WE don't forget our patron saint's day.

I dont even think this lot know when St George's day is!!!

Oh...and I am also going to see Jay & Silent Bob :D

//Kevin Smith...drooooooooooool

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    When is St. Andrew's Day? Today?

3. PadawanSDM

PadawanSDM Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    30 November Shara - as every good Scot and Russian knows as he is also the patron saint of Russia...I wonder if any Russians will be wearing tartan Knickers...

"Nice knickers comrade Ivan"

"Da Andrei...huv a wee dramski"

4. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    I think I have a Sant Andrew sock ;)

5. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    I might even get haggis for dinner on Friday...or a Scotch Pie...

...mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah...Scotch Pie methinks...

6. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    my mum has scotch egg in the fridge gads!

7. PadawanSDM

PadawanSDM Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    Scotch Pie! Bet you miss the old deep fried Scotch pie and Chips "Salt and Vinager with that hen?" or, God forbid "Salt and Sauce with that?

8. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Maybe if I can figure out a semi-lower in fat/calories version (knowing me, I can) I'll fix bridies tomorrow. The boyfriend likes mine. And if I can find a couple of hooks, I'll put my flag up on my apartment door. Don't have any tartan knickers though.

Speaking of tartan, generally, how much does light worsted cost over there. I'm trying to find a weaver with good prices, and the lowest price is like $225 American. It's driving me nuts.

9. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Dare I say it...but whats light worsted?

How I miss Scotch Pies. My Mum got me some last time I was up and they are in my freezer :D Although, they do have square sausage, plain breed and tattie scones in some shops so I am ok for that.

But Scotch Pies...

10. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Light worsted is the weight of the fabric. It's that thinner wool (much much more comfortable than that other stuff, especially for summers in Indiana)

I'm just trying to track down my sept tartan. Found a lady in the US who can specially weave it for me but it's like 475 a yard with a 4 yard minumum. Or I can get 6 yards for $225 American from Scotland, but I don't know how much the shippin will be.

You know I've never had Scotch Pies. Usually I only eat the bridies. I did try haggis recently....not *as* repellent as I expected, but it's an Americanized version. I hear the Scottish stuff is quite gamey. I always say I will try something once!

11. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Haggis is lovely. I was gonna get some last night at Tesco but Jon doesnt eat it so I didnt wanna get a whole one for myself.

HAPPY TARTAN KNICKERS DAY EVERYONE!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.