main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what!?!?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LordVader66, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    i was watching aotc, and the scene after anakin goes crazy and kills all the tuskin raiders, yoda is in the temple and he feels/hears anakins pain. The voice you hear is ginn's. if you listen, it sounds like ginn's voice when he is yelling "Anakin". what does this mean? Ginn has some kind of force connection to anakin?

2. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    If you listen to the commentary GL said it relates to ROTS but I forgot what it realy is so.....

Good Stuff

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah this is old news, listen to the DVD commentary and GLK explains what it means.

4. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Anakin's use of the darkside created such a tremor in the force that Qui Gon was able to momentarily "break through" to the physical realm in the form of a voice. This is Yoda's first clue that it is possible to survive death using the force.

He actually says "Anakin! Anakin! Noooo!"--the "anakin!" is taken from TPM ("Anakin--drop!") and the "nooo" is a poor impersonation.

5. LordVader66

Aug 30, 2005
    isn't it unfortunate how the vast majority of the people watching these films wouldn't catch something like that? it's little things like those that enrich the movies

6. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    I caught it when I first watched it.

7. TOASTEROVEN

TOASTEROVEN Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    I never got the impression that that "nooo" is supposed to be Qui-Gon.
    Because the voices sound so different, I assumed it was a different character. It might be stupid, but I always assumed that the rough, higher-pitched and unmodulated voice was the panic of one of the Tusken slaughter-ees which Yoda was detecting.
    Don't ask me why this Tusken thinks in English and doesn't grunt like all his friends do.

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It's Yoda, not Anakin, who hears Qui-Gon's voice. The "Anakin, Anakin" is re-used from TPM ("Anakin! Drop!") and the "Nooooooo" wasn't Liam Neeson, though it *is* supposed to be Qui-Gon.

9. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Yoda here's Qui-Gon calling to Anakin "Anakin! Anakin! Nooooooo!" Although the "noooooo" does not sound like Liam.

10. Darth_Morhs

Darth_Morhs Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2005
    That "Nooo!" sounds a lot like Anakin if you ask me. I thought he was screaming out that during the slaughter, because he was in so much grief. The Qui-Gon things I thought were just flashbacks, like he is remembering all of his childhood or something.

11. LordVader66

Aug 30, 2005
    i thought the no part was actually a tusken raider to because it sounded very different and ginn just said anakin twice

12. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Tusken Raiders don't speak English ;) But, I think I cool change would be if Lucas went back and took Anakin's "Noooo" from the Mace vs. Palpatine duel (right before cutting off Mace's hand) and dubbed it over that.

13. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    ^^^ Now THAT would be pretty cool.

14. zombie

Aug 4, 1999
    ANYTHING would be better than the "nooo" thats in there now. It sounds like some cartoon voice-over. I mean i know Neeson wasnt available but that "nooo" is about as far away as you could possibly get. Heck, Luke's scream from ESB would be a better substitue. Or Obi Wan's from TPM. ANYTHING!

15. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    zombie, it wasn't that bad. Geez you're hyperbolizing. Have you ever heard Liam yell no like that? I am sure with all the movies he has been in they could have lifted a "Nooo" out of one of them somewhere.

16. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    I read somewhere that Liam Neeson was supposed to make an appearance, but he got some sort of injury, so they just had to dub in the voice.

17. zombie

Aug 4, 1999
    He was in a motorcycle accident that threatened to leave him a cripple. Luckily he fully recovered.

And that "Nooo" is horrid. Listen to it. It sounds like Grover from Sesame Street!

18. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I believe Gin thought himself as Anakins ''Guardian'' probably

19. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004

[face_laugh]

I wouldn't go that far but it doesn't sound like Liam.

20. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I just remembered! That "NOOOOO" is NOT Qui-Gon:
    It is Qui-Gon yelling "Anakin!!", but the
    "NOOO!!!" is one of the Nemodians Darth Vader kills on Mustafar, the one right before the guy who pleads "Sidious promised!!".

Good Stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.