main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever Happened (JA, a bit AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnightZarc, Jul 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    post please that was great

2. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    I read JA #14!!!!! It was kinda cr*ppy, because there was NO Qui/Obi mush! None! :(( I couldn't believe it! Two more suprises for you folks! In #14, Obi-Wan is suddenly 16!! And.......Qui-Gon and Tahl fall in love! They confess their *gags* love for each other near the end of their book. And no Qui/Obi mush!!!!! NONE! :(:)(:)((

(Does anybody like my user name??)

3. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    lol I do like your screen name.

Yes, I also didn't really care for number 14 either.

4. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    good post!

5. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

And on a side note: No, I didn't like 14 either. Obi is treated like the forgotten step-child. Why can't someone just give that kid a hug!

6. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    Great story you got going here. And I sympathize with my twin, (Ani_rhymeswith_pansy), too. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY... *strangled look comes on face* dislike JA #14. Believe it or not, we have a small riot going on in my house right now because of it. Yep, my family are all Star Wars freaks. :)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Up! :D

More please! Very cool so far!

Ahh! Stop talking about JA14! I haven't read it yet!! By the sounds of things it's not worth it but AHHHH STOP ANYWAY PLEASE!!!

8. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    comments.... um well another post would be nice

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love your take on how Obi-Wan looks back as his days as initiate. The way he wonders why Bruck singled him out and that only he could get under his skin and bring out anger.

And that last paragraph, with Obi and Qui-Gon locking eyes, the instructor gently pushing Obi onward... just fabulous!!!

10. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks so much for all the comments! Hopefully I'll have another post up within the week. The play that I'm in has been distracting me a lot the past couple weeks, but once its over I should be able to post more regularly.

Sorry, if we ruined anything for you Ginger! :)

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Looking forward to another post.I read the Ja14 also,and think maybe Jude watson should take some writing courses from some of the JA writers here,yourself included.PEACE

12. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Woah wait a second did I here Qui and Tahl? :-O :eek: oh my gosh, anyhow, uh, more story?

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    More, Just found this and need more :)

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I LIKED JA #14. It had some great Qui-angst in it. What's wrong with Tahl & Qui mush? It was sweet. (although based on the upcoming titles of #15 & #16 most likely doomed) From my point of view, the more Qui-Gon the better.

Oh, by the way JediKnightZarc, I like your story too!

15. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Up! more story?

16. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I haven't read it either, but plan on getting it sometime next week. Ya know what's weird? Usually I'm sooo excited when a new JA comes out, but now, I'm not... Of course I will still buy it and read it, as my collection wouldn't be complete without it! PLease post soon! Wait, maybe I'm not as excited cause it has more Qui in it... I heard they get tortured though... if that is true, I am a happy person!

17. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I've notice a lot of stiories taking on a more dicussion route and it's great to see what people feel about certain things (i.e. JA #14).

First off, enjoyng this story immensly and I can't wait for the next part. It's always a treat to see things through a different person's eyes than something like the JA books give you.

Next, I thought 14 was both good and bad. Without giving anything away for those who haven't read it. I didn't like how Obi was completely forgotten (Is it now the Adventures of Qui and Tahl?) BUT, I did like how it took on a more grown-up context. They actually used the word torture (GASP) and, for those that read it, what happened between Qui and Tahl was a nice thing and Jude handled it very well.

I hope that, now that the JA's a bit more advance, we can see more of Obi and Qui with this new outlook.

18. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Hehe, nice little discussion we got going here ain't it? :)

Just to throw in my two cents...I didn't think JA 14 was that bad, but it did leave something to be desired. The thing with Qui and Tahl is ok with me, even though I never cared for Tahl that much. I really thought the entire thing showed Qui to have more compassion than he had in previous books.

A lot of times in the JA books, the characters are shown to have problems but they are never delt with. I know a good argument for that is the fact that Qui and Obi and guys and guys don't usually sit and talk about their problems, but I still feel that Qui should have offered Obi more guidence. I mean, that stuff was a lot for a 13+ year old to go through.

In JA 14, Obi acts strong. I liked that. He is more mature and able to hold his own, but that is no excuse for him to be treated like the forgotten step-child. I think I was just a little disappointed that Obi and Qui aren't closer. A lot of times in fic we slop on the mush a little thick and it can be a little much, but still, Obi is only 16 (my own age) and I would hope that he at least got a little more from his Master than the cold shoulder he got in JA 14.

Ok, I'm done :)

Off to the theatre. I get to slap someone...on stage! Fun! I wanted to have a post ready for you people, but I got conived into pet sitting...ugh. I have some other stuff to take care of as well, but I hope to get another post up in the near future.

Thanks!

19. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Have fun at your performance, and good luck! Please post more as soon as possible!

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
  21. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Welp...my play is over. The cast party was great btw. :) Unfortunatly, my mom decided we needed to have some family bonding time today so we all went down to the wave pool. Well, I am fried! I am red from the top of my head to the top of my feet. I don't expect to be moving around too much tomorrow so maybe I'll get around to finishing the next post and make some people here happy.

Until then!

22. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    we'll forgive you this time, but next time, might I suggest sun screen?

23. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    JA #14 did leave much to be desired. I agree, they are becoming more advanced. I don't like how Obi's age seems to leap from 14 to 16--What happened when he was 15??? I think that the author should take it slow, the reading level is grade 4, if Obi grows up too quickly, younger kids will have a harder time identifying with him, and they may become bored, and part of the audience will be lost. HEHE I'm waayyy too old for the JA books--I'm 13 but I'm reading them anyway hehe :)

24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    I'm also 13, but if you read the reviews on Amazon.com and such, readers as old as 40 enjoy them, so I don't consider 13 as wayyyy old... But, anyways, I didn't like #14. Too much Qui and Tahl and talking. NOT ENOUGH ACTION! Not enough Obi! But, I was very surprised that the book had this word: TORTURE! I almost fainted! Anyways... I'm done now... :D :D

25. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Hey all! I know I promised a post, but unfortunatly I am unable to deliver. I am still sunburned (and yes I used sunblock but spf 30 just wasn't strong enough) but life goes on. I'm leaving in about ten minutes to go out of town with Jessa (yes, I know her in RL) I will do my best to post when I get back. Sorry for the wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.