main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever Happened to Darth Maul in EP II

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HandofTrawn, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    young ben, i have never heard that rumor, and i read all rumors regarding everything. unless my memory is all messed up, but that is too big of one not to remember,
    and you should have asked this in movies.
    Although they would have been a lot meaner than we have been.

2. JediPatrick

JediPatrick Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    I have to agree with some of the others here that this should be on the movie forum thrawn and if you really want them to be nice over there and to have them take you seriously you should mention someone about the expanded universe, they love to talk about it over there and are really nice to people who bring it up :)

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Four things which are difficult for a lightsaber to slice through: Mandalorian iron (took Kun a while to break into Nadd's tomb on the Duxun Moon since Master Arca had it made of the stuff), cortis ore, an amphstaff, and a force enhanced wooden staff (Kun needed two lightsabers striking Master Vodo Siosk Baas's staff in order to slice it in half, before that, Master Vodo used his staff to parry the blows of a single lightsaber because he did use the force on his staff).

As for Maul appearing in AotC, I believe Lucas explained on the DVD that he got rid of him in the way he did to make it clear that he was not going to be coming back at all. What may have caused some problems is that at some point it was said that Ray Park was already signed to due TPM and AotC or all three prequels. Which he could do, but not as Maul. More likely he'd end up as a behind the scenes stuntman. Who knows, if he does return in AotC, he might be playing a Jedi this time.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Don't forget sith-swords. or Dual-natured lightwhips.

5. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Maul's not returning in any form.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    LOL, beyond a story in tales 9, but that's infinities anyways.

7. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Speacking of Sith swords, aren't they suppose to be Force enhanced too. Granted, it's Sith magic that causes this enhancement, but I thought I read somewhere that this was why these ordinary swords could withstand a blow by a lightsaber. Unless their made of Mandalorian Iron, which then means they would fall under Mandalorian iron and not have to be mentioned individually as something a lightsaber has difficulty cutting through.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Force-enhanced to be sure, that's why they let off a strange glow.

9. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I thought Satal's sword in DLotS was a Sith sword as well. And it didn't glow. Maybe they glowed when used by the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.