main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever happened to Streen?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MsLanna, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    My computer does not like the 'search'-function and has disabled it.:mad:
    So, does anybody know what happened to Streen? Does he appear in any books after Jedi Academy? Is there fanfic around?

He's actually the only character I really liked in the trilogy. Would be so sad if he never appeared again.

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    He spends most of the Vong war serving in the military on capital ships to help coordinate the Jedi meld. At the End of TUF he is mentioned as going with Damaya and Kirana Ti to Dathomir at the end of the Vong war. He is also mentioned in TJK at the Masters council.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Skywalker handed direct administration to Alf Streen in Before the Storm, 12yrs after Endor. His personality was written as calm and controlled, not the Anderson and I, Jedi kooky way. I'm not sure about the Alf part unless you prefer another name. His talent forte is wind or object manipulation, like Tenneniel.

4. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    He also has a knack for manipulating the air and the weather, as well as creatures OF the air.

5. JediBrain

JediBrain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2004
    I think what made Streen 'kooky' is that he couldn't turn off the
    'voices' in his head. Once he got control of the Force within him, I could see his personality changing like it seemed to in the books.

Brian

6. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Ex - Alf ? [face_laugh] No wonder everyone calls him just Streen, he'd probably pull out his best Storm impersonation on anyone teasing him ;)

7. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    i'm sure he made an awesome meld coordinater as well. Hopefully we'll see him again in LotF or maybe even TSW. Would be nice.

8. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    I think he's moving to Sirius radio in January. :D Atleast that what he said on Letterman Thursday night

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/4/41/Njo_streen.jpg]

Streen tends to spend time in the background... from the BFC onwards, he's something like the senior Master on the permanent Academy staff, and at the end of TUF, he goes off with Kirana Ti and Damaya (apparently a minor character from CotJ) to Dathomir to found a new one...

Wookiee hints that Streen/Kirana goes back to JA3. Whether TUF implies Kirana/Streen/Damaya is anyone's guess... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

10. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    More books need to reference Streen.

-The Scummy-

11. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    He seems to be the third wheel of the "Sort of Boring Senior Jedi With Nothing Much to Do" trio.

For some reason, I've always thought of him as Lobot, only gifted with the Force and even more boring.

12. aeods

aeods Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Who would the other two be?

13. Knight_Wanderer

Knight_Wanderer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Wasn't Streen as old as dirt to begin with in the JAT? I mean, how much longer before someone lets him die?

KW

14. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    The married ones, Kam and Tionne. I should clarify that they've got stuff to do, but mainly not "on camera." From the books, at least, they're fairly. . . boring, IMHO.

15. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    anyone think this......Streen equals Storm from X-men? Outside of the gender confusion....he has good control of the weather.....had to overcome what his powers were like and how to deal with the problems they caused (same with Storm for those who know that storyline)....white hair.....

o_O

16. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I liked Streem. We need a Streen story!

17. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    I think Streen should have been to Luke like Mace was to Yoda. I mean he was one of Luke's very first recruits. I wonder if he ever thinks about Gantoris. It would have been nice to see a brotherly relationship between thme had he not died. Exar Kun the bastard.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/4/41/Njo_streen.jpg]

Wait a minute -- Streen is Willie Nelson?:confused: [face_thinking] [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

19. McMickMack

McMickMack Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2005
    Streen is well known to be a man of little words. What isn't well known, is that he is in EVERY scene with Luke Skywalker and constantly travels with him, however, he just doesn't speak, that is why he is kinda 'never on-screen' in a novel.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    As long as he doesn't shout out weird stuff while using his powers...

'Winds of the air, heed my call!' or something like that.

Yeah, we need more Streen, Tionne and Kam! Heck, wasn't Kam one of Palps' elite dark Siders during DE?

21. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Agree one hundred percent! :)

22. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    rofl so true, cant ya imagine him doing that?

23. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I find that I have an extreme lack of opinion when It comes to good 'ole Streen

Someone needs to give this guys sme character conflict and development.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well, I used to think Streen was awesome back in the day. He was the clutz Jedi. Every story he was in I was like, "Okay, when's he gonna die?" Cuz it was so obvious someone was going to kill him eventually.

But then he stopped being the clutzy comic relief and got boring. And even the authors didn't think he was exciting enough to write about anymore.

25. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL.

Heh, poor old Streen..I just stopped noticing hing after JAT. I think I assumed he went insane.

In fact, that's what my reply was going to be-"he went insane, didn't he?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.