main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever happened to the Lusankya?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Aragorn327, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've asked around and no one has heard of it since Adumar.....does anyone know what happend to the Lusankya?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It and the Guardian are still serving the New Republic fleet, unless they were destroyed at Coruscant or something.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Just in case anyone mentions BFC quotes:

"Just because Mon Mothma issued the order doesn't mean they actually followed through with it. BFC doesn't say they actually dismantled an SSD."-Dan Wallace

4. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    Probably find out in Rebel Dream and the other book by Allston.

5. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I think Wedge commanded it at the Battle of Orinda, just prior to the BFC; I think that's from the Essential Chronology

6. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    hmmm, i thought that was the battle he was referring to in X-wing 9# which he had just come back from. I could be wrong, i'm used to it :)

7. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    I thought Wedge was still commanding it. It wouldn't be like him to let Mon Mothma cannibalize his flagship.

8. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    It was still around in X-Wing: SoA.

While we are on this subject, did Isard survive and get put on the Lusankya like they said they would do??

The bio-hazzard section was put in but itr was unclear if Isard was put there at the end of Isard's revenge!!(i think, i'll have to cheak to be sure)

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yup, Isard's fate is left unclear, but since she 'dies' in the same way Corran 'dies', and given some hints in the lasts lines of the book, it's a fair bet to assume she's alive.

10. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    And would be freed when the Vong scrap the ship?

Now that would be an unsuspected end for the NJO.

11. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I hope they didn't scrap it, becuase one SSD could take a few dozen Vong Corvettes, and after the war is over, I bet that however will be in charge will be building many more super star destroyers, or something like them.

12. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    All the New Republic needed to do to win this God-foresaken war was to get their act together and head off the Vong assult at Helska before they could do much damage. The NR millitary was realatively strong and could have mobilised a small task force to counter the Vong assult at Helska or Dubrillion, or Destrillion, or Dantooine. The list goes on. They didn't need weapons of mass destruction, they needed a clue.

13. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Just a question, is the only way into the GFFA through Vector Prime.

If so, all you need is enough ships to shoot the Vong as they pass through.

It must tax the DB's greatly to breach a new galaxy.

14. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    It was in Crimson Empire...I'm not sure where that is in terms of time on the storyline though.

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Pg 327, "I understand they're thinking of keeping you here on the lusankya. You'll be an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten, locked away in the heart of the very prison, you yourself created. For the rest of your natural life."
    That prospect stunned Isard and, in a moment introspection, was what undid her. The terror inspired by such a fate prompted her to shoot her left arm forward, letting the holdout blaster slide down to her left hand. It was a rash act, only possible when the horror of life entombed outweighed the horror of death.

pg 332, Corran nodded. "I gues a whole lotta of refitting went on. There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go. It's just serviced by droids."
    Iella coughed into her hand. "It's a bio-containment facility. It apparently struck some of designers in rebuilding the prow, they could put in scientific and medical suites that would allow the lusankya to be more than just a military ship. I think there sense of irony to put an area on board that, had it existed when the Krytos virus broke out, would have been useful in thwarting isard's plan. In the heart of area there is supposed to be a containment cell so secure that any breach in it will imediatly vent the whole area into space. Nothing No virus or germ, will be getting out there alive."

pg 327You'll be an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten, locked away in the heart of the very prison, you yourself created.

pg 332There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go.It's just serviced by droids.

pg 332 "In the heart of area there is supposed to be a containment cell so secure that any breach in it will immeidiatly vent the whole area into space".

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "I thought Wedge was still commanding it."

Well being that he just came back from retirement I doubt that. Its possible he'll get command of her in Allston's books. I'd rather see him commanding from a starfighter though.

17. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah it was in CE 2.

18. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Valiento the great. thats sweet. who wrote that? fergot...

19. Thief

Thief Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 29, 2001
    'course, you know that the odds of the New Republic actually authorising a not-insignficant refit to a warship specifically for the purpose of implementing cruel and unusual punishment ona single person are pretty bad.

It's highly unlikely that Isard was actually interred in the Lusankya. They didn't even know she was alive until the Lusankya was already nearly completely finished being repaired. To build a special prison cell specifically for her would require that the ship's entry into active service be delayed while yet another section was dismantled and overhauled.

Refits cost a lot of money. In a Navy, time also costs a lot of money. The longer the Lusankya sits in drydock, the longer resources are tied up tending to it, the more money is spent on it, the more smaller ships in need of repairs and maintenance are kept in active service, the more money is spent on them, the more small ships have to be diverted to more distant facilities, the more they wear down, the more they need to be repaired, the more the shipyard has to do, the more money it costs, the more the shipyard is tied up doing extensive repairs and maintenance that wouldn't be necessary except someone had to divert the ship out of its way because a great deal of the original intended yard was devoted to pointless modification to one big ship so a single person can be punished in a grossly illegal fashion.

You're right, it's worth spending conceivably a few trillion credits so Isard can suffer for the rest of her life.

Except the Republic needs its Navy and its money more than it needs to inflict cruel and unusual punishment. The likelihood of actually implementing such a scheme is nil.

20. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Veng_Commando: MAS wrote it.

21. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    it wasn't in CE2...it was only in CE.

22. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Thief : They did not add the cell... It was already there from the beginning.

23. Thief

Thief Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 29, 2001
    Which makes it even less likely that it's for Isard. The fact that it was built there before they even knew she was still alive makes it almost certain that it actually has no connection to her whatsoever.

24. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    It was built on her design.

She used it to create lethal viruses.

Now she's trapped in it until the end of her days.

That's pure irony.

25. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    if she isnt in there, why did they even mention it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.