main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever Tomorrow Brings (Post TPM, JA time)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Siri_Z, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanna_pierogi

wanna_pierogi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    SIRI: You just never learn do you? :p This is no way to treat your readers!! :_|

Oh well. I have a bit of an advantage over everyone else don't I? :D Well...at least for now... ::worried smile::

SABER: Not a day goes by where I don't have some fleeting thought about strangling her...get use to it. :p

ARWEN: Ummmm...SIRI has a real fascination with cliffies...BEWARE!!! It will only get worse. ;)

2. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    PIEROGI: You too huh? :p

ARWEN: I can vouch for that as well.

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  4. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Everyone is out to kill me!! What did I do wrong?! Wait, retorical question. Don't need to answer that one... ;)

Sabercrazy: Evil author? Me?? Of course! [face_devil] for your information I am not suicidal... I'm merly looking for a good chase.

Pierogi: Strangle me? Now that's not very nice. Gotta catch me first... :p

And for both of you... don't kill me yet! I just started writing CTP. You wouldn't want to not get it now would u?? Hahaha!

Arewn: I do have an incredible intrest with cliff's. But I'll try to be as nice as I can...

Jenny: Hey, nice of ya to drop by, but dot, dot, dot? What am I missing? ?[face_plain]

5. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    New Friends

It seemed like an eternity before the lights of the small town came into view. Obi-Wan was tired from traveling through the night and the next hot, long day. The cool night air felt good against his face as he walked down the main street of Brez. Going into a restaurant Obi-Wan sat down across from Qui-Gon while Bailee went to find a place for them to stay.

Qui-Gon had not said a word to him since they stopped after the droids had attacked. Something was bothering him, but Obi-Wan could not figure out what it was.

Was it the same thing that was bothering him about the mission? Or something different.

After ten minutes of silence Qui-Gon finally spoke.

?Obi-Wan tell me.? He said a serious look on his face. ?Does this mission seem incredibly similar to the mission we went on to-? He cut off as a little boy of about five or six with sandy colored hair ran up to their table. ?Can we help you?? Qui-Gon asked the boy looking down at him with a friendly smile on.

?Are you Jedi too?? The boy asked excitedly.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow and peered at Qui-Gon. Too?

?Ki-Dra come here.? The voice of the boy?s mom called from the door. The boy gave them a quick wave and ran to his mom. ?Sorry.? The mom called to them. As the door shut behind her Qui-Gon got up and followed the two out into the dimly lighted street, Obi-Wan right behind him.

?Excuse me.? Qui-Gon called down the street after the boy and his mom. ?Do you think I could ask your boy something. He may be able to help us.?

The mom gave him a hesitant look. ?About what??

?We are indeed Jedi and one of ours has gone missing. We are searching for her here and if your boy here saw them, it would be of great help to out search.?

?Of course.? The mom said. She turned to the boy. ?Now you have to answer this man?s questions all right.?

The boy nodded and Qui-Gon bent down on one knee next to him.

?What?s your name?? Qui-Gon asked nicely.

?Ki-Dra.?

?Ki-Dra. I am Qui-Gon and this is my apprentice Obi-Wan. I was wondering if you have seen anymore Jedi like us.?

Ki-Dra nodded.

?Could you tell us where??

?I was playing with my friend on the beach and a Jedi walked down towards the cliffs. He had his lightsaber out. That?s why I knew he was a Jedi.?

?Anything else.? Qui-Gon pressed.

?He looked really really mad.? The boy said with a smile, clearly glad he had done his share in their search.

?Thank you.? Qui-Gon said standing up. He turned to the mom with a smile. ?That helped a great deal.?

Obi-Wan was relieved to have some kind of lead. Now all they had to do was figure out where Garmandi could be. A tap interrupted Obi-Wan?s thoughts. He turned around to find Bailee with a frown on her face.

?I couldn?t find a place to stay. Nothing?s open. Apparently this is a great travelers town even though it?s so small.?

?That?s all right. We will find a place to camp.? Obi-Wan groaned inwardly as he said this. The last thing he wanted to do was sleep outside.

Then the mom spoke up. ?Well there is only three of you? I have room back at home. Why don?t you come and stay with Ki-Dra and I? That way tomorrow Ki-Dra can show you where he saw your friend.?

Obi-Wan grimaced at her use of ?friend?.

He was far from any ?friend?.

Obi-Wan felt Qui-Gon?s stare of warning and he quickly straightened out his face then followed Ki-Dra and his mom.

Qui-Gon looked down at Ki-Dra. He was so glad the boy could supply them with a lead. Also he was glad that Obi-Wan had calmed down a bit. He hated seeing his Padawan so distraught. He knew how his Apprentice felt. This was going curiously like the mission they were on when Tahl had gone missing and was killed. Tahl had been kidnapped, hidden, and they were on a wild chase to try and fine her.

But he had over reacted then. Obi-Wan was being much more adult than he had, and he admired his Padawan for that kind of composure.

The mom had slowed her pace and dropped back to walk with Qui-Gon. ?I?m Sandy. We weren?t form

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Not to worry about cliffies..i have a fasination with them as well [face_devil]

Bounty hunters!!?? I have a very bad feeling about this...

7. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    Hey Dude Great chap loved it do more ttyl.

Short...yes...but I'm just dropping by before I zonk. I'm gonna crash early tonight...got another crammed day tomarrow...

8. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    ARWIN: As I believe you have been told before...BE AFRAID!! [face_devil] :D

If not about what happens in this book...then most definetely the next.

::shudder::

SIRI: Keep going!!! You need to get up to TBB! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!

:_| :_|

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    oooooooooooooobbbbbbbb
    bbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiii
    iiiwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn!!!

10. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Arewn: Take Sabercrazy's advice about the next book.. [face_devil] lol about the cliffs... rnt they just the best?? ;)

pierogi: Well duh ur busy. lol, more than I am at the moment.. I'm currently getting paid to paint and write my stories... its great!

Sabercrazy: I'll keep going don't worry!! But umm crud ur gunna send me hate mail or something for this... I'm gunna be gone monday through friday next week... sry!! It's kinda a 'have to' situation. But I'll get ta TBB sooner than ya think.. I hope at least.

Jenny: Obi!.. lol

11. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Explanations Part 3

Qui-Gon sprinted down the alley and around the corner at a fast run. He skidded to a halt to see Obi-Wan putting away his lightsaber and the sound of sizzling metal rang in his ears.

?Where is Sandy and Ki-Dra?? Bailee asked.

?In their house.? Obi-Wan said pointing to a door across from him. ?Sandy said to come in as soon as we felt it safe.?

Qui-Gon nodded a gestured to the door. Walking behind Obi-Wan into a small foyer a set of steps headed up to the main part of the house and a door to their left led to what looked like a cellar. When Bailee came in behind them they headed up stairs.

In the dim light of Sandy?s house Qui-Gon could see the fatigue on his Padawan?s face. Sandy must have also because while getting a short tour of the three-story place she showed them where they would be sleeping first. Qui-Gon suggested Obi-Wan stay and rest and to his surprise Obi-Wan didn?t argue.

The Master shook his head half in amusement and half in worry before turning to Bailee who was standing in the kitchen leaning up against the table. Ki-Dra was sitting on the table next to her while Sandy had straddled a chair backwards and was resting her chin on the back of it.

?Bailee.? Qui-Gon said. ?Are you sure you don?t know what Brice wants with you??

She shook her head. ?It?s like I said before. I don?t know what information he wants or would want.?

After a long silence Sandy?s eyes widened. ?You don?t think it has anything to do with the CALSI project do you??

?But I didn?t have anything to do with that.? Bailee said pulling up a chair for herself.

?How would he know that?? Sandy pointed out

Ki-Dra was looking between Sandy, Bailee, and everyone and every once in a while, glancing at Qui-Gon with a very confused look on his face. ?What?s a CAL- CALSI?? he asked curiously trying to pronounce the projects name correctly.

?Ki-Dra why don?t you go get ready for bed.? Sandy suggested. ?I will be in, in a minute to say good night.? Ki-Dra nodded and thundered off down the hall to his room and shut the door to get ready.

?I think the little tyke stole my question.? Qui-Gon chuckled.

Sandy sighed. ?Where to start.?

Qui-Gon sat down. ?The beginning is always the best.?

?OK here goes.? She said with a sigh. She traced her thoughts before starting. ?Well the beginning started about four years ago when project AVIS became known to the public and to the people here on Avalin. Project AVIS is the underwater city in our ocean. Now, a bunch of us didn?t like the thought of an underwater city in our only ocean. It could kill the wildlife and since we live on a symbiosis environment with the ocean it could destroy the planet. So we formed a committee, ok, a rebel alliance group against the project. We decided to carry out ?investigations? on the city to make sure the government was telling the truth. The government promised the people certain things about the project and yet they wouldn?t let us investigate. So obviously we got suspicious and took things into our own hands. That didn?t go over to well with the government when they found out.?

?Ya think?? Bailee interrupted rolling her eyes.

?Anyway.? Sandy pressed on ignoring her friends comment. ?So they attempted to shut us down. Not just what we were doing, but us.?

Qui-Gon rested his head on a fist and quirked an eyebrow. ?OK, but you said attempted?? he waited for her to continue.

Sandy and Bailee nodded together. Sandy started again. ?Well we got into their main system and we realized the mining half of the city wasn?t keeping their promise at all. We decided to find a way to basically destroy the project before it could do any more harm to our planet. In order to do so we had to get the systematic file for the project. Once we got into the initial main frame we found out that the file was a shadow file. Not the real one. Our friend Tra-Kep said she knew the real systematic was on the disk with the shadow file just hidden. She would probably be able to find a code and hack into the re

12. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    AWWWW! ;)
    Obi's got a girlfriend! Obi's got a girlfriend!
    LOL! [face_laugh] Only joking. :p

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    He he Obi's got a girlfriend!

But we have bigger problems right now

POST!

14. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    Indeed.

SIRI where are you?? :confused:

15. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Dead...

Where do you think I am?! I'm sitting here bored outta my mind getting ready to run to California... actaully wouldn't mind that...

It's mom's b-day, we went out... ugh. I think she had one to many glasses of wine... again... :p

Pierogi, call me. Till Later~

Siri

16. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    I feel like comlete crap, so this is gunna be short, not revised, and I'm not sticken round... ill catch ya tomorrow peeps.

arewn: Bigger problems would be the rite way to describe it fer sure...

pierogi: Obi's got NO g/f! lol, specially one that is like me... not gunna happen... :p

Till Later~
    Siri

17. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Brief Thoughts

The Jedi stood in the night, staring out across the ocean. She could barely see the light of the distant underwater city. Waves gently swirled around her steel tipped boots and shifted the sand beneath them. An ocean made her eye water and a sent a chill up her spine. Sage pulled her cloak tight around her.

While the other Jedi awaited her arrival at Brez, she had stopped shortly to get away from what was to come. Drawn to the ocean that separated her from her future apprentice. Somewhere out there Zae-Non was a prisoner of an insane Jedi Master gone rouge. A fate Sage wouldn?t wish on her worst enemies.

It didn?t seem possible that this could have happened. The girl had just been returned with after all these years. Without Mik, thanks to Garmandi.

Sage bowed her head. Absently she studied her boots, steel tip boots at that. A faint grin crossed her face as she recalled how Mik had constantly teased her about them. Her mind continued to drift back.

Back sixteen years when she and Mik were still together. Together and close. Like Obi-Wan and Zae-Non.

She closed her eyes. She knew how helpless Obi-Wan felt. She had been on the next rescue team when Mik requested? no? demanded that no more teams be sent. She would not let Obi-Wan go through what she had. He would not feel that sense of loss.

She reached out across the vast space with the Force. Desperately searching. She could feel the fringed of a bond struggling to form, but it wasn?t totally there. Wasn?t nearly strong enough.

Sage turned her back on the rushing waves and began to walk back to her speeder. She had to get to Brez before sunrise. Tomorrow they would get Zae-Non and bring her back to where she belonged. Home.

Extra Help

?So now you believe Brice has Bailee.? Mace?s voice drifted through Qui-Gon?s comlink. Qui-Gon had told him everything about what had happened since they arrived on Avalin. ?I agree with you. There may very well be more than we know.?

?Obi-Wan believes Ona brought Zae-Non here for a reason. I believe he is right and that her bringing Z here has something to do with Ona?s other job dealing with Bailee.?

There was a long pause on the opposite end before Mace spoke. ?There is much more to this and if all you are saying is true this mission may become dangerous. I know you will not favor this Qui-Gon, but I?m sending another knight to Avalin to help you and Obi-Wan.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?Mace, I really do not think that is necessary.?

?It?s too late. She is already there.?

Qui- Gon groaned inside.

So much for stopping them before they leave.

Qui-Gon let out a deliberate sigh. ?She is??

?Yes, she should be arriving in Brez soon. She will meet you on the beach and I expect you to inform her of everything you have just told me.?

?I will.? With a final sigh Qui-Gon cut the transmission. Why did Mace think they needed help? They could handle this. There was a reason Mace was sending her and Qui-Gon would find out sooner or later.

He got off the roof where he had called Mace from and went down into where Sandy, Obi-Wan and Ki-Dra were.

Sandy leaned up against the wall in thought, as Obi-Wan was walking around the room with Ki-Dra hanging off his neck. Obi-Wan?s red face turned toward Qui-Gon as he entered.

?Obi-Wan I need to talk with you for a second.? Obi-Wan put down Ki-Dra and took a deep breath of air. Apparently the boy had been choking him somewhat. He walked over massaging his neck. Qui-Gon told him about his conversation with Mace.

?So you are going to meet her?? He asked looking down at Ki-Dra who was pulling on his pant leg because he wanted another piggy-back ride.

?Yes, I will be back in a little while.? Qui-Gon started down the stairs.

Obi-Wan called down to him. ?Do you even know who it is??

Qui-Gon didn?t turn around, but shook his head. ?I will be finding that out shortly.?

~~~

?I thought you would come and meet me.? Came a familiar voice from behind Qui-Gon.

He opened his eyes

18. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
  19. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    MORE CLIFFIES!!!!!!

20. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    Let's go SIRI, Let's go!!! Let's go SIRI, Let's go!!!

21. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Rity ppl this chap is too gunna be short, not revised and yea im not sticken round unless this screaming head ach goes away. Mind you my parents rnt helping much... sigh, parental units suck huh?

Pierogi: How was the last day of VBS? sad? Ill ttyl... maybe.

Arewn: Just a hint, almost all of my chaps r cliffies if i can help it... [face_devil]

sabercrazy[/b]: Thanx fer the cheer! ;)

Till Later~
    Siri

22. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Gone Again Part 2

Qui-Gon watched helplessly as his Apprentice fell the hundreds of meters to the thrashing waters. He took one last glance down at Ona?s still form lying on the beach. Taken out by a reflect laser fire they wouldn?t have to be worrying about her.

Qui-Gon deactivated his lightsaber and ran towards the crashing waves. The water was icy cold as he dove down and swam towards the bottom of the cliff. Qui-Gon?s heart twisted as he realized Obi-Wan wasn?t on the surface.

Qui-Gon dove down and through his now stinging eyes immediately spotted Obi-Wan slowly sinking down deeper into the murky depths.

The impact to the water had stunned him and put the boy?s body into shock.

Qui-Gon brought Obi-Wan to the surface and swam as fast as he could to the shore.

Obi-Wan coughed and gasped for air as he was laid out onto on the sand.

Qui-Gon looked up at the cliff to see only Sage?s lightsaber lit on top.

She quickly scaled down the mountain and ran over. ?Is Obi-Wan alright?? she asked catching her breath.

?Just give him a few minutes.? Qui-Gon said taking off his soaking wet cloak. It was wet, but it still kept him warm. He handed it to Obi-Wan?s shivering form. ?Where did Garmandi go??

Sage sighed. ?I gather to get Zae-Non off the planet. He jumped down into the sea after you apprentice.?

Qui-Gon bent down to Obi-Wan who sat up. ?You think you can swim to the city? High tide has come in already.?

Obi-Wan shook his head affirmatively and stopped immediately as he winced at a bit of pain. He tried to stand up, but wavered slightly. Sage and Qui-Gon steadied him as they took out their breathers.

Sage looked out over the ocean. ?We?ve got to get to Z before Garmandi gets out of that city.?

Obi-Wan felt weak. He didn?t know hitting water could do so much damage. His head spun and every bone ached with the slightest movement. Swimming to the city was a task and he didn?t want to think about running into Garmandi.

No sooner had the thought left Obi-Wan?s mind, then they turned around a corner to find the insane Master standing in the middle of a long narrow hallway. Zae-Non was in one hand and instead of his lightsaber, a blaster was held in the other. Showdow stood behind, with both arms crossed, glaring at the weakened girl.

Obi-Wan was terrified at how his friend looked. She could barely stand herself up and her face was almost white. The glimmer in her eye that always brightened her smile was gone. She gave him a helpless glance and stared at the floor as though it was too much to keep her head up.

The three Jedi ignited their lightsabers in unison and Obi-Wan glanced at Qui-Gon. No words were exchanged, but a plan was formed. Obi-Wan took a step forward and went to take another. He froze as Garmandi took the blaster that was pointed at them and turned it to Zae-Non.

?I would think about finishing that step.? Garmandi warned. ?You know I don?t care if she dies or not and you very well know I will do it.?

Obi-Wan put his foot down and thought. He knew Garmandi would rather protect himself than Z. As he said he didn?t care if she died or not. But what if he didn?t have time to kill her before protecting himself?

On that thought Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon rushed towards Garmandi. He thrusted Z back to Showdow who nearly dragged her down the hall and around the corner. He fired the blaster and ran down that hall at lightening fast speed, but as he reached the corner the blaster fire stopped and Obi-Wan saw the blaster fly over his head. He whirled around to see Sage holding the weapon. She tossed it into the air and sliced it with her lightsaber in a graceful arc.

Garmandi took out his lightsaber and ran down the hall back towards them. The hall was small and not much could be done dueling. The walls were getting scortched and it was hard to maneuver.

Garmandi kicked out towards Obi-Wan who jumped out of the way. The Master?s foot hit the wall with a hollow thud.

After straightening he deactivated his lightsab

23. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok, just a heads up for the two ppl...or more i dunno... who are reading TBB on fanfic. My last posts for awhile will be today and sunday!

can u believe it fanfic decided to undie! lol ;)

Till later~
    Siri

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    He got away AGAIN!!!

*ignites saber*

25. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    ::ignites saber::

::salutes ARWIN::