main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever Tomorrow Brings (Post TPM, JA time)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Siri_Z, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Finally two weeks off for vacation! well, good thing and bad thing...lol. No work- good. I'm sick and can't post after sunday when i leave for the hospital on sunday- bad thing. But ill be back on friday!

Arewn: Charge! lol, or maybe you should take Sabercrazy's advice... ;)

Sabercrazy: Good thinking, then again you know what is coming up... :p

pierogi: Its the chap that started it all!!! lol

Till Later~
    Siri

2. wanna_pierogi

wanna_pierogi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    OOOOOOOOO! Right...that one is next isn't it?

3. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    YES!! Somone finally posted! I got so desperite I acually went to fanfic! (wonder of wonders it works!) I can't believe you're gonna stop posting! I need to know what happens!! I'm gonna die! You and RED are out to kill me!

Ummm...chap that started it all? :confused:

4. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Two Different Paths

Obi-Wan followed by Sage emerged from the crack in the cliff face after Qui-Gon. They had decided to go back out that way rather than swim back to the surface. Obi-Wan was exhausted and didn?t think he could take another step, but something made him keep going. The boy closed his eyes.

Zae-Non was near.

He could feel her.

A gust of wind made Obi-Wan shiver as they began their trek down the beach. No one spoke. Everyone just kept an eye out for his friend or Garmandi and his accomplice.

Obi-Wan let out a sigh. Garmandi was right there. How could he let him just slip away like that. Guilt washed over Obi-Wan just as the water from a wave would wash over the sand. His feelings were mixed and strewn about, like the shells scattered about his feet. He let his emotions out into the Force, but the guilt wouldn?t go away. He couldn?t be responsible for a death. Especially a friend?s.

He thought back to the time when he watched Bruck Chung die in the Room of A Thousand Fountains. Obi-Wan had thought it was his fault and the guilt from that was still with him and always will be. He could remember so clearly reaching out his hand to catch Bruck before he fell dropping to the rocks below. He was so close to getting his fingers, but missed. He watched in horror as his child hood bully fell to his death dying the instant he hit the rocks below him.

He couldn?t take the blame for this. The guilt would be too much. Zae-Non meant something to him. Something beyond a friendship, but he couldn?t place what it was. Probably never would be able to. He had never hated Bruck even though he was tormented by the bully. Still he felt remorse and she was closer. She was more like his friend Cerasi.

Cerasi too, had died in front of Obi-Wan, in fact right in his arms. He had left the Jedi order to help Cerasi and her planet. He would do the same for Zae-Non if he had to. If it meant leaving Qui-Gon behind. He knew loosing Z would be like loosing Cerasi.

If not worse.

But he had loved Cerasi and Zae-Non was just a friend. He didn?t know if he would ever love Z, but only time would tell that, and for now she was a friend. And that would last a long time.

They hadn?t gone very far when Obi-Wan stopped dead in his tracks. He couldn?t suppress a gasp as he looked at the wet figure laying in the sand.

Zae-Non lay in the sand on her stomach, head on her hands, and her hair blowing gently from the ocean breeze.

Just like at the Temple lake.

Snapping to his senses Obi-Wan sprinted up to Qui-Gon who had immediately dashed over to the still form of his friend followed closely by Sage.

Qui-Gon checked Zae-Non?s plus. She had one, but it was so faint. He stood up.

?We need to get her medical attention immediately.?

?My land speeder isn?t far up the beach.? Sage said. ? I?ll get it so I can bring Z back to Avis.? She was out of sight while the words still hung in the air.

?Master.? Came Obi-Wan?s voice. It was drenched with worry. ?Is?is she alright?? He stuttered obviously crushed at the site of his friend.

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?I can not say Padawan.? He admitted. ?I am sorry, but I doubt she will make it to Avis.?

Obi-Wan sighed deeply and looked away from his friend.

The sound of Sage?s land speeder came as she appeared into view.

Qui-Gon picked up her frail body and gathered her close protecting her from the harsh wind. Her pale face was cold and cut, and the sparkle in her eyes was missing.

?You?ll be fine.? Qui-Gon whispered to the limp form.

The Master gasped as the vision returned.

No reply.

As Qui-Gon carried her over to the speeder the wind bashed against them and the young girl shivered involuntarily. As the sneering gust picked up it blew the blonde hair from the girl?s deathly pale features. From her right eye he could just make out a deep cut that formed a small backwards ?Z?. That would unmistakably leave a lasting scar.

Her head lolled up against his chest an

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Man this is certainly turning into a history repeating itse;f situation...

MORE!!

6. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Yes the chap that started this entire trilogy!

I had this idea written down for sooo long and then in morphed into what we have.... and mind you with the third book.. thats gunna be a heck of a lot! lol

that book is gunna kick!

Till Later~
    Siri

7. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    ::moans::

Don't remind me of the third book. Especially sinse I have to WAIT EVEN LONGER FOR IT!!!!

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    hey people check out my story at:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7868116&start=7868130

And here's my other story:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7869359&replies=0

Pleaseeeeeeeeee go read them and let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Hi all. This will be my last chaps (double chapters today) posted till friday... sry! I'm going to a hospial because of a heart condition I have, but I will be back in time to post on friday. Then I'm going on vacation, but the ppl I'm staying with have a comp, so I can still post.

Sabercrazy: I don't know what RED is trying to do, but I'm not trying ta kill you... maybe make ya go insane... wait did that already happen? ;) lol. Yes, and my last post on fanfic will be today! I'm tryin to edit the end of the chap so it's not too much of a cliffie for ya. See I can be nice at times, but I know you still gotta wait for the 3rd book. Sry, but I want that one to be the absolute best an in order to do that I need time. Oh and thanx for that review... lol but I'm not that good... come on!

Pierogi: Yep that was the chap! lol, sry if u tried to call by the way. My parents started yelling at me in church and brought it home. I just got away from them... sigh.

Arwen: Indeed isn't it? lol

Jenny: lol breathe. N e wayz, just ta tell ya. I took a look at both ur stories. I made a suggestion on one of them. In true honesty I think that if you work at it and practice you could become a great writer. :)

Well thats all for now. I'll be around for a bit longer till I gotta pack... I dont wanna go! I hate doctors, but u knew that huh... :p
    N e wayz, catch y'all on friday!

Till Later~
    Siri

11. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Realizations

Obi-Wan stood outside the medical building looking at the doors in front of him. He was still angry with his Master even though he knew he should not be. Anger was not a proper Jedi trait.

But why hadn?t Qui-Gon come with him? Zae-Non was their first priority. He hadn?t helped the other people when they were going after Tahl. Their roles had been switched. Sure Sage could help, but Obi-Wan knew his Master felt the disturbance in the Force.

There was so mistaking it.

Slowly, walking closer to the doors Obi-Wan hesitated as he reached to palm them open. What would he find behind them? Would he find out that his friend had died? That she was alright? That possibly Sage and Z never made it to the city?

Ever since he left Sandy?s, Obi-Wan had lost Zae-Non. Her connection was so weak and then it disintegrated into nothing.

Obi-Wan palmed open the door and walk casually inside. Looking around the place wasn?t very busy. A few people in the waiting area and a Twi?lik receptionist at a desk towards the corner made up the small entrance area.

As he approached the desk the green skinned Twi?lik looked up. ?Can I help you??

?Yes, my friend arrived here with her Master a few hours ago. I have come to see them.?

?What is your name??

?Obi-Wan. My friend is Zae-Non and her Master is Sage.?

She nodded then began to go through her data pad. As she scanned Obi-Wan?s comlink signaled.

?Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon?s voice. ?Have you found Zae-Non and Sage??

?Looking.? Obi-Wan said flatly as he turned to the Twi?lik who was still scanning the data pad. ?How are things at the city?? He couldn?t hide all of the hurt in his voice.

Qui-Gon sighed. ?I will tell you about that when I get there.?

?Get here??

?Yes Padawan.? The voice didn?t come from the comlink. Obi-Wan turned around to see Qui-Gon standing in the middle of the entrance area. ? I am sorry Padawan.? The words were spoke with compassion and understanding. ?I came to two realizations.?

Obi-Wan stared at his Master. ?What is that??

?I was wrong.? Qui-Gon said putting a hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?I was terribly wrong. I hope you can forgive me Padawan.?

The boy nodded and smiled then looked down towards his boots. ?I am sorry for being so rash. I should have controlled my feelings better.?

?Obi-Wan you did the proper thing. You put me in my right mind.?

The apprentice turned around as the Twi?lik tapped him on the shoulder.

?We were expecting you. I was told to give you this.? Her green hand held out a piece of durasheet. On it was writing a note in neat curly script.

Obi-Wan hesitated before taking it. He was scared to think what could be written on it.

Obi-Wan,

Zae-Non and I are on our way back to Courascant. I feel Z will get better treatment back at the Temple. Please tell Qui-Gon to contact me as soon as he can. May the Force be with you.

Obi-Wan sighed. ?They aren?t here.? He turned around to Qui-Gon and handed him the sheet. He thanked the Twi?lik and followed Qui-Gon outside. Bailee was waiting by his swoop.

?This was the other realization that I was afraid would happen.? Qui-Gon said shaking his head referring to the paper in his hands. ?I have known Sage since we were both very little. I knew she would bring Z back to the Temple.? He closed his eyes. ?They never reached there.?

Explanations Part 4

?What are you two talking about?? Bailee asked.

?Thanks to your friend Brice, now two of our Jedi are missing.? Obi-Wan said angrily.

?Hey I never said he was my friend.? Bailee shot back clearly annoyed at his tone.

?You are right.? Came a voice from behind the three.

Obi-Wan turned around to see someone about Qui-Gon?s height, but frail looking. His bright blonde hair and dark brown eye?s looked just like Zae-Non?s.

?Brice.? Bailee said coolly.

?Bailee. Nice to see you again. What a pity you are leaving. We could have spent more time together.?

?It is because of you we are leaving!? Obi-Wan spat.

?I know,

12. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Pierogi: U know you want too!!!!! :p

HA!

Dont ask ppl.

13. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    Ummm...yea same as always....LIKE IT, LOVE IT, NEED MORE OF IT...

Ummm...yea...must be leaving now before the temptation takes control of me....

ACK!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

::grabs hand...holds back from keyboard::

NO! BAD! STAY! NOOOO!

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    An intresting plot twist!

MORE!!

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    save Z save Z save Z save Z

and SAVE Z :)

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ** chantes and does a spell to bring more post**

17. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Guess who's back?? No more doctors!! :)

lol I litteraly just got back. I should be doing laundry, but I got all nite rite? ;)

Pierogi: The temptation still there?? haha! Dude u gotta call... we need ta chat before I leave tomorrow.

Arwen: It twists a bit more... [face_devil]

Jenny: ur chant is working... perhaps a delayed reaction but hey.. I'm posting.

Ok tomorrow I'll try my best to post, but it depends if I get to my aunts on time.

Till Later~
    Siri

18. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Final Match

By the time they had reached Celsic, night had fallen and Qui-Gon wanted Obi-Wan to rest. It had been almost three days since he had gotten any sleep and was probably exhausted. They had gotten a small place to stay in Celsic?s Capitol city Janhon. Qui-Gon had just gotten Obi-Wan to rest after a bit of a debate. Of course, his Apprentice wanted to find Zae-Non right away, but they need a lead first. They had nothing at the moment.

Obi-Wan had fallen asleep immediately in the small bedroom and Qui-Gon was left to wonder about Garmandi. Had the crazy Master gotten to Sage and Zae-Non before they even reached Celsic?

He had tried to contact Sage on her comlink earlier, but she did not answer. But something was telling Qui-Gon to try again. On a hunch, the tired Master took out his comlink and tried the lost Jedi again.

To his great surprise and relief she answered.

?Qui-Gon!? Relief was all too evident in her voice. ?I am so glad to hear from you.?

?What happened? I have been trying to get a hold of you.? He asked, still shocked at her answering. ?How?s Zae-Non??

?When the ships crew realized we were being hijacked there was chaos. In the midst of everything someone took my comlink. I just had it returned.?

?And Z??

There was a long pause that made Qui-Gon?s heart seize up.

?If she was lucky to make it back to Brez?? Sage cut off and sighed. ?She won?t make it at this point. I have done all I can to help her, but I?m not entirely sure as to what Garmandi did to her.?

?She is dieing.? He said it as a statement, not a question.

Sage?s voice wavered a bit. ?If there is any hope, it?s very little.?

?We need to contact the Temple.?

?Already done. They are sending healers, but they are not going to arrive for another two hours!?

Qui-Gon sighed. ?Obi-Wan and I will come over and-? Qui-Gon cut off and jerked his head up towards the window.

?Qui-Gon??

?Sage I have got to go.? He cut off their transmission as the sound of shattering glass ripped through the air from Obi-Wan?s room.

Sage was going to kill him for leaving her off at that note.

Qui-Gon rushed to the door and tried to opened it. It was jammed shut. Backing up to the wall behind him he heard the sound of two lightsabers clashing together. The graying Master kicked out with as much force as he could muster and kicked the door inward.

Qui-Gon raced in drawing his lightsaber to find Obi-Wan down on one knee leaning back with his lightsaber up, as Garmandi stood over him pushing down onto the boy?s saber with his.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes and gathered the Force around him. He threw his hand out towards the crazy Master standing above his Padawan. Garmandi flew back towards the broken window and fell down hurtling towards the street below.

Putting his lightsaber away, Obi-Wan ran to the window, glass crunching under his feet, and peered downward, then to his right.

?He used his cable launcher. He is headed for the roof.? Obi-Wan said turning around.

Qui-Gon nodded. ?We need to use the stairs. If Garmandi is above us he has a big advantage.?

The Master ran up the few flights of stairs, with his Apprentice at his heals. The two burst onto the roof to see Garmandi leaping from roof to roof away from them.

Qui-Gon gathered the Force and sprung after Garmandi, Obi-Wan right behind. A few jumps ahead, their target had stopped and drawn his lightsaber. The red glow cut through the night as a vivid warning not to come closer, but Qui-Gon ignored the warning.

Landing on the roof he face Garmandi. Green and Blue now stuck out in the darkness surrounding them. The three pillars of color became flashes in the night sky as they connected. Crackling and hissing with every strike towards each other.

Garmandi landed a nicely put kick in the middle of Qui-Gon?s chest. He flew backwards the wind leaving his lungs. Landing, the slightly dazed Master was met with more than just gravel and rocks. He was met with a wave of distress.

Sage and Zae-Non.

?

19. Jenny_

Jenny_ Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    hey all this is jenny the jedi girl my other name for right now is banned so i'm using this name!!!!!

20. Jenny_

Jenny_ Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    GO OBI GO OBI GO!!!!

21. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Did everyone die or something?? ;)

Jenny: lol cheer on!

Pierogi: U DIED!!!!!

ok ppls this is going to make at least one person happy i kno. It's about the third to last post for this story...then comes my really good stuff...lol.

22. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    A New View

Qui-Gon rushed over to Obi-Wan who waved him off.

?It just grazed me.?

?That?s more than just a graze.? He returned watching the blood seep into his Padawan?s tunic.

Sage ran forward then cautiously bent down next to Garmandi. She checked his vital signs and shook her head. ?He?s dead.? She said softly. She peered down the alley and squinted.

Qui-Gon followed her gaze to a familiar figure walking towards them.

?Brice?? He heard Obi-Wan ask, not trying to cover up his shock.

Qui-Gon stepped forward towards him. ?What are you doing here?? he asked.

?And why did you-? Obi-Wan cut off and stared down at Garmandi and put a hand to his arm and held it over the gash.

?Because,? Brice began in a chocked voice. ?I realize what I have been doing. Besides almost killing my daughter I was hurting more than just her. I was hurting her friends and family. I realized you?re more of a family than I am and ever will be.? He turned to Sage, tears streaming down his cheeks. ?Take good care of her.? And without another word he turned around and started back down the alley towards the street.

?I will.? Sage whispered to the figure fading in to the shadows.

Obi-Wan felt lost. He had no clue as to what had just taken place. He looked up at his Master and was pleased to see he was almost as equally confused.

?Qui-Gon,? Sage spoke up after a moment. ?We need to get Z to the healers.?

Obi-Wan watched as Qui-Gon nodded and sprinted off down the alley.

Sage turned to him and took out her comlink. ?I need to contact the Healers and tell them we are on our way. Can you carry Zae-Non??

Obi-Wan nodded and went over to Z. To his surprise her eyes were open and he could see the glint of a tear running down her pale face.

?It?ll be ok.? He reassured her.

He picked her up with a muffled gasp at the pain in his arm; he was surprised at her lightness and began to walk down the alley behind Sage who was talking with one of the healers.

He didn?t pay attention to the conversation they were having or the ach that threatened to engulf his arm, but instead focused on the limp form in his arms. Z?s connection to the Force was so weak and her eyes held in them the little strength she had left in her.

Shifting the girl in his arms, so his wound wouldn?t cause him to drop her, Zae-Non?s body suddenly went a little limper. Any more and she would have been like water running through his arms. Her eyes were closed and her breath was getting irregular. She began to shake involuntarily in the night air.

?Sage we?ve got to hurry!? Obi-Wan shouted, but no sooner had the words left his mouth, than did a beat up, half falling apart speeder come into the ally. Qui-Gon in the drivers seat.

?I thought I?d see if it still worked.? He said with a slight smile. ?Come on we?ve got to go.?

Obi-Wan carefully placed Z in the front with Qui-Gon and jumped in the back with Sage. They took off towards the landing pad down the street.

Although it only took a few minutes before they saw their ship come into view it still felt like forever. Obi-Wan jumped out of the back as a bunch of healers who were waiting at the ramp stormed forward and lowered Z onto a hover bed and rushed her towards the ship.

?Obi-Wan are you OK?? Sage asked looking down at his arm.

Peering down he grimaced. ?It?ll be ok.? Obi-Wan just then noticed how exhausted he was. ?And I?m just really tired I guess.? Four days without sleep had finally caught up.

The ship took off and strained its engines towards Courascant. Obi-Wan sat down next to Qui-Gon and let out a long sigh. Moving his arm he gasped.

?Just grazed you.? He heard his Master say. ?Obi-Wan??

Not answering Obi-Wan closed his eyes too tired to answer.

Falling asleep next to Qui-Gon and Sage up in the pilot?s room, Obi-Wan didn?t hear all the shouting when Zae-Non?s vital signs had stopped for a short time. He had gotten onto the ship and collapsed into a chair not a worry in mind while soundly sleeping.

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I'm not sure if that last line of that post was a good thing or a bad thing...

post more!!

24. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    HI!
    I UNDIED!
    Soccer totally killed.
    I can't linger so hi bye luv it more and stuff like that.

25. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Arwen: I'm not sure if that last line of that post was a good thing or a bad thing...

Both??

pierogi: U DIDNT TELL ME!!!!! i could kill u soo bad but ill just get ya back... :p

getting close to the end!

so now to get Pierogi back...

GO check out her post! Its really good!

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7990445&replies=3

ok now I gotta post and run cause she is gunna kill me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.