main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats a Bulwark?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Veng_Commando, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I've seen them in the Rebellion game, I wanna know where they came from. Mostly, the stuff came from books, so maybe theese were from books. How about a Dauntless, too.

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, most everything in the game Rebellion (or Supremacy, for the British among us) came from the WEG roleplaying game books. Kira Adremitrium (sp?) is from the 'DarkStryder' campaign, for example. I haven't found it yet, but I'd bank that the Bulwark Battlecruiser is from some WEG sourcebook. Check the CUSWE website -- it would have it listed, most likely.

3. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    I don't know about the Bulwark Battlecruiser or anything about the ship, but perhaps an understanding of the actual word wouldn't hurt? No help to the actual discussion of the ship, but what the heck? Vocabulary's a good thing.

1. A wall or embankment raised as a defensive fortification; a rampart.
    2. Something serving as a defense or safeguard: ?We have seen the necessity of the Union, as our bulwark against foreign danger? (James Madison).
    3. A breakwater.
    4. The part of a ship's side that is above the upper deck. Often used in the plural.

4. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hmm.. the CUSWE website says that the Bulwark doesn't exist outside of the game 'Rebellion'. ::shrugs::

5. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    It was mentioned in SBS.

6. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Where was it mentioned in Star by Star?

Officialy, TransGalMeg (Makers of the Xiytair Transports) designed and produced this ship. It was known to have several sensor problems etc, which could mean that it was recalled and only a few are still in operation.

The Dauntless Cruiser was a converted luxury liner (Like the Mon Cal Cruisers), It was the only craft of it's kind to be in existence.

One ship I wouldn't mind seeing in the NJO is the Liberator Cruiser, an apex of Starship design.

7. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Opps never mind, it mentions the dautless on page 21 of SBS.

8. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    I thought the Bulwark was just made up for Rebellion as a balance to the SSD....

LA does that from time to time....besides Rebellion can`t hardly be taken to be anything close to cannon :p

9. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Well, does that mean that someone could inculde it into a fanfic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.