main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Whats a Force ability that probably exists but is never shown

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Is their any power or powers that the Jedi and Sith might possess or be able to do, that has never really been featured onscreen or mentioned in the books. Basically, the only way to know about this power, would be to magically enter the world of Star Wars and open a Jedi or Sith holocron.

2. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Force Seduction?

Riven_JTAC and Darth_Henning like this.
  3. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I'd imagine that there are some incredible surgeons who use the force to mess around with veins and bloodflow during surgery.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Tenel Ka was able to stall her pregnancy for months, to keep suitors guessing who the father is.

Sanguinius likes this.
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Bardan Jusik was able to rebuild Fi's brain using the force.

On the topic of what probably exists: Enciting fire. I can see the "bad guy" of the next trilogy using flame as a weapon. Not that I'm at all for that.

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd say force users could slow their ages, seduce potential love interests/seductions, and probably other techniques that aren't combat oriented, heal oriented, or otherwise.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

In The Crystal Star, we see Jaina create a tiny ball of heat and light in her cell to keep herself warm and happy - that might be thought of as a ball of fire.

8. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Given how weird some Legends material got, it will be hard to find a Force power that hasn't appeared at least once, even if it was only in a reference book.

The Wookieepedia page on Force Powers gives us limited time travel (Flow-walking), the ability to move through solid objects (Phase), and using the Force almost like an elemental power (summoning winds and storms, or making vines grow rapidly to ensnare enemies).

The Book of Sith mentions Convection (using to the Force to cause blistering heat or even flames) and Cryokinesis (sapping energy to freeze your opponent). Not only are these logical extensions of Force Lightning (they all involve manipulating energy), but together the three abilities form the Fire/Ice/Lightning trope that shows up in a great deal of pop culture. Strangely even though Force Lightning is common in both the movies and EU, the other two have only ever appeared in the aforementioned Book of Sith, the Jedi Academy Training Manual, and one of the Lost Tribe of the Sith comics. Probably because the writers want to avoid turning the Jedi/Sith into X-men.

Surprisingly, I don't think anyone has ever used the Force to teleport. Sure there's been artifacts from ancient civilizations that allow teleportation, but not Force powers as far as I know.

9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Have we seen Force Destruction outside of Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight? It was that Dragon Ball-like force power in the game.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The Medstar books had Force healing, if I recall correctly.

11. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    vong333 and JediBatman like this.
  12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Force Laxative

Jeff_Ferguson and DelRiego like this.
  13. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't mind pyrokinesis and creating fire-honestly it should have been done more.

And yeah teleportation is something the Aing-Tii were capable of doing.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We don't see as much in the way of Force Chemistry (alchemy?) as would be expected. Making components physically from the Force by recombining molecules or atoms -- like metal, water, etc. There was some pseudo-alchemy in the old EU but it was super vague and mainly consisted of members of the Keto family going "ooo look I did Sith alchemy!" followed by lightning or some dramatic sparklefest. I'm thinking more like "look, I made some nova crystals! Here's a crystal for you, a crystal for you, crystals for everybody!" Or like "oh crap my lousy sith apprentice lost my phrik lightsaber. No worries, I'll just make another. *poof* there's a blob of phrik. I guess I better get it to a sith blacksmith cuz I can't really do anything but make the stuff."

15. Force Speed is a skill very used in games and novels of Star Wars
    And this is the only time we see the Force Speed in the movies
    Although the truth is we have almost never seen many Force skills in movies
    [​IMG]

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    There's Talzin's various alchemical mixtures in TCW, the invisiblity potion, the voodoo stuff with Dooku, her crystal ball.

Plus there's Sidious and Tyranus' Sith alchemy used to create a dreamscape for Yoda.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

There is also a lot of creepy dark alchemy in Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void, involving brain alternations and living flesh.

18. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Curato Salva is a thing, pretty much covers that. Seduction I guess would just be a form of mind trick.

19. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I thought seduction was called gin.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

jSarek likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Force Castrato

21. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    That's just creative use of telekinesis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MrDarth0 and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Hair growth.

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_hypnotized]

Is that just making your voice higher using the force? Or using the force to...well, you know.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You don't really want to know, do you?

Darth Caliban likes this.
  25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Lol.

Who knows what the Jedi were up to, especially during old republic times. Maybe they did have Jedi choirs and force singing that also required castrati for certain pieces and effect.

Jedi Ben likes this.