main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's a good program for recording lines?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by LawgSkrak, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Just wondering. I'm almost done the script for my Anthology episode "No Way Out" and want to start recording lines soon. I need a good recording program that i can download and save to disc then load onto my computer. (Or find on my computer. I have no idea half the stuff on my computer)I have no Internet connection at home yet.

Nathan, how do you record the narration parts? All in one big chunk or did you cut them in half?

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I've used Wavelab and Total Recorder.

As for narration, I usually do one big file so I can easily edit in wavelab, unless there are tons of different takes.

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    It's probably posted elsewhere, but we used Sound Forge to record some of our lines. But we got lucky in that most of our Richmond cast got to record directly to a digital mixer. But I'll swear by Sound Forge. It's an excellent product.

Keith

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    We used a mixture of recording apps on Coruscant?.

I used Soundforge and Cool Edit both to do mine. Each had its own various effects that I liked. Other cast members used the good ol' Sound Recorder that comes with windows. It really all comes down to options. The more you want, usually, the more expensive the application. And Cool Edit is the exception with its free version. ;)

5. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    I'll throw this into the mix. Magix Music Studio 7 deluxe. There is a learning curve, but its $99, and you can record directly into the mix area if you like. There is an extra fee for unlimited mp3 mastering, but if you master your productions into a wav file, then purchase MusicMatch jukebox, it has a file converter that will convert a wav file to an mp3. Music Studio 7 is working great for me.

6. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    for free, you can use wav recorder that comes with windows, and then edit it all in audacity, also a free utility. IF you have XP, you can do some of it in Movie Maker. Musicmatch also has a recording ability

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.