main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats been going on?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by TT_Boy, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Whats has everyone been up to latley?

2. Thrace

Thrace Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2003
    I've been hanging out with Rachel is all

3. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Been hittin the movie theatre. They Just opened a new
    movie theatre down here that can rival Cinemas 53. The screens are disgustingly huge, sound is awesome. the seats are all reclining and the drink holding arm rests fold up and down depending on what you want. Pretty slick.
    A few things that caught my attention. . . their system for blue lights represents when certain theatres are seating kind of like an airport and when you walk up to the concession stand the menus are all on LCD screens and the images of popcorn and coke move. They actually animate with the image of the coke refilling and the popcorn filling the bag. It's pretty Pimp. Oh and check this, no commercials mixed in with the previews!!!
    Now that I was able to find someone who will provide animatronics to make my Predator move and sound movie real I'll be getting a gig at the new theatre to show up in costume and scare the crap out of everyone when the Alien vs Predator movie hits in September. I really hope you guys can make it out here for that.
    As for EP3 that will propbably still be Davenports theatre just because the majority live in the QC but so far we've seen "Dawn of the Dead", "Secret Window", "Taking Lives", and "Butterfly effect" all in a 10 day stretch at this place cause it is just such a relief to have something decent for a movie theatre down here for a change.

4. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    It ain't hard to rival Cinema 53, lol. That theater sounds pretty amazing! Is it an AMC, Marcus, or something else? Im pretty interested in this, heh.

5. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [font color=660099]I am moving to Michigan :D[/font]

6. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Michigan, brrr.

I just said this to push my posts to 200 so I thought I would say something truly momentus and chock full of depth and value.

7. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I think we need an event next weekend-the 10th. I know it is the Saturday before Easter but I think I can get the club-Steve we should check out the club and see if we can reserve it. You should meet Dana and Bethany anyway. Wow-wow-wow! You'll forget all about that girl going to Michigan. Is it Hell, Michigan-per chance?

PS- I like the Informal Jedi meetings on Thursdays at Ruby's. Gotta go. Peace Out, my brothers.

8. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Yo folks-I got stormtrooper armor! You should get some too or get clone armor. We could have a garrison. Lets do it. We could have a QC trooper garrison. Anyone interested in jedi garb? I have a friend who did mine. We should be rockin with clones,s-troopers, and jedi by the time Cele III comes. Let the world know that the QCJO kicks *ss and takes names later.

There is no death-only the Force. Peace Out!!!!

9. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Yo Frosty:

Where in MI are you going? Please say Grand Rapids at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. That place is Posh. I was there several years back for my Platinum Seminar. Rock on, baby.

10. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Why do people insist on refering to me as a Wendy's treat...*rolls eyes*

No, it is not hell, no it is not Grand Rapids...I am moving to Jackson, MI. It is a 4 hour drive/4 hour amtrak ride/1 hour plane ride. Still going to be my old active Chicago Force self, so dont think you are rid of me...you are not that lucky.

*PS: Guess who has to drive her butt all the way out to Morrison on the 12th for a court date...damn state cops![/color]

11. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Yo Frosty: you shouldnt speed. And you should have used your phsyique to get out of the tix. Or do like me-carry a cooler with a biohazard sticker, a whitelab coat, and say you are a histotech and you have a stat cryo that needs to be delivered to wherever.

Works for me!!!

12. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Yo Frosty:

You dont have much in common with a Wendy's treat-except for being cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.