main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW "What's cookin' in your kitchen?" (formerly poll on tomato sauce...)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Cockatiel, May 24, 2002.

?

Where do you keep your Tomato Sauce after opening it?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Fridge

50.0%
  2. Cupboard / Pantry / anywhere else just not a fridge!

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Tiel

Boba_Tiel Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    Shara, I understand server space is an issue, really I do, but there are at least 5 other threads that could be shut down under the banner "spam" than this one.

Yes even my movie mistakes thread because as someone pointed out there were apparently other threads that reported movie mistakes, although I couldn't see them.

This thread isn't mean't to be tongue-in-cheek, thus no humour element.

It is a serious attempt to establish how people store the national icon of Tomato Sauce etc etc as I've stated before.

One thread that could be shut down is "Biggs thread of nonsense", I mean, when a thread openly admits it basically has no point, well 'nuff said.

Surely you can see this?

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    On receipt of a good idea from Syrix, I'm re-opening this, on the condition it doesn't continue in its present form.

If you guys are willing to turn it into a thread on cooking and food in general, this can stay open. Recepies, new food ideas (although don't dare Syrix to eat them in public :p), cutlery questions and things are fine.

If it turns back into pointless spam, intentional or not, it will be closed again. :)

3. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    All right discuss everything cooking related if you must but please I emplore everyone who hasn't voted to answer the poll question about the storage of Tomato Sauce, it's important.

4. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    soup in my kitchen

5. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Not in the scheme of things, I wouldn't think. Specially since this thread isn't open for the sauce question. :p

So, question. What are some good recipies to cook up when I get home from work at 10pm, exhausted. (Read: easy. :p )

6. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    toast, vegemite, cheese, slice of banana

7. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah toasted sandwiches are a good idea at that time of night. Unless you live near a Fast Food joint that is still open, even better then no washing up. :D

8. Ragtime_Mouse

Ragtime_Mouse Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    When in a restaurant, you have two knives, two forks and a spoon. The knives are next to each other on the right side of the plate, the forks are on the left side. Which do u use first? The inside knife and fork, or the outside knife and fork?

9. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    I've considered lobbying for a burger king or something, but I doubt it'd work. :p

Right now it seems to be crumpets for me - easy to make, and WARM, which is great in this weather.

10. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Ragtime as far as I'm aware the general rule is to work from the outside in. Hope that helps, if al else fails wait for the people around you to start and see what they use. ;)

11. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Always use the knives and forks on the outside and move inwards with each successive course.

12. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    i'll just have a double short black, at 10pm at night

13. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Nachos!

The Greeks called the food of the gods "ambrosia", which roughly translates as "Cheese melted on corn chips and salsa."

We always get the El Paso Nachos Sauce and I make my nachos pretty simple (cheese, sauce, corn chips)

However, if I'm going to be buying it from a Mexican Resturant/Fast Food place I want it with good guacamole and sour cream, and maybe even some refried beans or mince.

On a rather un-related topic I was wondering in what order people keep their cutlery draw? Yesterday it was (left to right) Forks, Knives, Spoons, with Sharp Knives and the Meat Cleaver on the far right and small spoons/forks down the bottom. But when I went to get myself a spoon at breakfast this morning it was apparent that mum had re-ordered it. It now goes Spoons, Forks, Knives (the other two sections remained unchanged). I was quite thrown by the whole situation. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you.

14. Ragtime_Mouse

Mar 13, 2002
    With me it's Spoons, Forks, Knives, Bigger Knives and teaspoons at the bottom.

15. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Best way to have a bad meal at Oporto, have your idiot friend (face it, we've all got one or five) ask "what's so legendary about the legendary bondi burger, how would you rate it on a scale of one to ten?" to the girl behinsd the counter

Then she mixed up the burgers, so i got the one she had spiked with a little chilli sauce, and he got the regular one

And when I say a little chilli, I mean a layer of sauce so hot it would the roof off you mouth, and that's what it did, lucky i had a 1.5 litre bottle of water with me.

Last time that happened a friend brought over from america a bottle of Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce. Don't try this as salsa sauce without at least 3 bottles of antacid nearby

16. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    You know what I like more than anything?

Spam.

Theres nothing like Spam. I like spam wherever I find it. What this place needs is more spam.

especially in a sandwich.

With tomato sauce.

that I keep in the cupboard.

next to my margerine.

and spam.

spam.

17. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Specially Processed American Messages.

18. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    Wait ... you keep your margarine in the cupboard Craig?

Doesn't it go off?

19. Ragtime_Mouse

Mar 13, 2002
    Isn't it soft? Or a liquid? Or something like that?

20. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Margarine in the cupboard? That's just WRONG.

21. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    [image=http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~ngatran/spam.jpg]

All Hail King Spam [face_plain]

22. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    [image=http://www.luby.clara.co.uk/emoticons/spam4.gif]

23. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    [image=http://www.pacificnet.net/AUP/spam/spam.gif]

So its a SPAM war you want eh?

24. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    No. The Margerine is perfectly fine. It's only there in the winter, so its not rock hard!

25. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    This thread WAS finely moving along nicely! Oh well! X-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.