Calgary What's Everybody Collecting?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hello, wondering what everyone's purchasing lately? The new figs. seem to be winding down a bit since the movie, (much like Kenner's line after RETURN.) And the next big events seem to be the fall release of the DVD, then ofcourse, the television series.

So still curious 2 know what is the main buying trend, "Gentle Giant, Galactic Heroes, Unleashed, or even those M&M figs.

"Chinook Hobby is such a far place from here."
  2. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Pretty much everything but getting more into the gentle giant stuff cause it is amazing. But if anyone needs help getting anything let me know(sorry shameless plug won't happen again). But there is just so much good stuff coming out it's hard to decide so I'm going with alittle of everything.
  3. LEXIAL Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I am collecting anything that catches my interest. Anything from comics, cards to figures. Especially Galactic Heros and Micro sets.
  4. Vicu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I've been trying to find the ROTS line of bust-ups but haven't seen them anywhere. Have anyone else seen them?
  5. tk-627 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Speaking of collecting, I know someone having to sell off his Master Replicas Vader ESB LE lightsaber and Luke ESB LE lightsaber.
    He's willing to part with either for $300US, or both for $590US shipping included (I don't know if this is a good deal or not).
    He claims they are minty fresh and come with all the paperwork, presentation case, display case, and plaque. They have been on display, but are pristine as the day they rolled out of the MR factory. He can take paypal or money orders...
    I have pictures of both, if anyone is wanting to see them.
  6. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with Lexial - I collect just about anything (except the really expensive stuff). Action figures, toys, games, posters, clothing, playsets, masks - new and original trilogy stuff. It's ALL good!! I was so excited last week when I picked up an original (1983) Ewok village playset - it's so cool! I just have to find space in my room to display it (or perhaps I should just take up the other spare room....hmmmmm [face_devil]

I love the Unleashed line - but not all the sculpts. Currently looking for the Sidous/Yoda one (that keeps disappearing off the shelves before I can grab one!).

Haven't seen any Bust-ups anywhere.
  7. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Echo check market mall toys r us they had a bunch there the other day along with the Ventress one. Also where did you get the ewok village from cause that thing is awesome also if your looking for bust-ups let me know if you need help with them.
  8. whisperjedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Been looking around E-bay, and also saw the latest HALLMARk, Star WArs ornaments...they do look very spiffy. As for E-bay...I tend to look for and have a slight bug for any Clone Troopers.

As far as I have seen.

Commander Bacura is released.
    A(RED) Clone Trooper(Variant) is about.
    The AT-TE Clone Trooper is HTF. (2 HElmets)
    The Newer AT-AT CLone Driver. (very cool)
    And ofcourse.. the exclusive TARGET Clone Trooper.

Send in the cloness!!!
  9. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    There's also a green clone commander and black clone pilot aswell should be out in a few weeks. Just too much cool stuff coming in the next few months very exciting.
  10. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I mainly collect movies, and other SW Rarities.

Ryan
  11. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I need those movies from you Ryan let me know what it will take to get them from you.
  12. LEXIAL Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Echosevin.. I have to say I think you have a really nice collection and you have a very comfy place to sit to view it all. Lucky you!=D=
  13. whisperjedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ryan,

What SW rareties?
    ANd movies, are you talking 'bout Star Wars movies or movies in general?
    I used to try and collect the movies or special SW posters. The originals here, not the reprints.

14. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Dooks! Thanks so much for the tip - went to Market Mall after work today. Scored big!! Not only did I find the Sidous/Yoda Unleashed figure, I got two fantastic bags at Zellers!!!! One is something like a bookbag with a great pic of the original movie poster on the front (just the top half) and the other has a black and white pic of some original artwork from the O/T as well - SWEET!!
    Then I stopped into Hallmark and picked up the new Vader ornament, complete with dialogue from ESB (although the dialogue is not the original - 'Luke...I am your father' instead of 'No! I am your father!') and Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (with sound effects too). I spent WAYYY too much $$$ - hopefully I have enough for my Anakin saber yet to come!!

(oh - I got the Ewok village set from Chinook Hobby. It is missing a few minor pieces, but I don't care! It's 22 years old man - a REAL piece of history!!)
  15. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Glad to help I got the bag with the movie poster and "A Long Time Ago" on it for $12 bucks you can't go wrong. I'll have to check hallmark for those ornaments and awesome score on the ewok village that is a sweet vintage piece.
  16. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    I LOVE the bags!! I can't wait to take one to work tomorrow. It's going with me EVERYWHERE!!! The school supplies don't have a lot of SW stuff which is a bit disappointing - although I did pick up a nice Vader notebook.

Did anyone see the new Shock Trooper available at the StarWarsShop.com?? NICE!!!
  17. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the compliment about my collection, Lexial [face_blush] Wait till you see Boba Jay's stuff though - it puts me to shame!
  18. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    WhisperJedi: SW Rarities is a set of dvd's I have. Its got some really old tv shows and tv commericials. Some stuff that you just shake your head at. Saying OMG I remember that.

Hopefully I'll have a list made up of my DVD collection soon.
  19. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    lol I collect everything from toys, games, movies, cards, christmas ordimints, video games, busts statues, bust ups, books, cups, watches you name it even comics and mag's. Oh and kubrics lol if its star wars I want it lol. Plus I also do some flames and former flames hockey figures as well. Plus thing like Dc comics, vs, magic, hockey cards and other games. If anyone can hook me up I'm looking for those star wars bags from zellers my store doesn't seem to have them :(
  20. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll check the Zellers down by me and grab them for you, Clint. Don't know when I'll be heading back up to Market Mall, but that Zellers had A LOT of them.

Y.
  21. whisperjedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    PreLude M...
    I gotta see those SW: rarities...especially the toy commercials...etc, as for the shows, are you talking about the tv appearances such as the Muppet show...cause that's all I really remember. As for the "Horrible Holiday" SW Special..that's only worth seeing once. Oh yeah.. speaking of which..today is my "Life" day, I turn another year into oblivion.

"It's not the years, it's the mileage".

Indiana J.
  22. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    thanks let me know if there any luck. Market mall is way far for me but I might go check it out if I can this weekend or before we go to edmonton next weekend.
  23. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Happy belated Life Day, Jack!! Hope you had fun!
  24. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Found new stuff today at market mall they had Crispy Anakin and R2(one that makes sounds)but no sign of the red clone or green clone commander. Tons of Unleashed aswell but no Vaders and they also had the electronic blasters. A General Grievous and Clonetrooper one which were both pretty cool.
  25. DrHaggis Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I mostly collect the 3 3/4" figures, but I'm fairly picky. I have to like the character, the sculpt and the paint. I have some Lego, PEZ and hallmark ornaments. I prefer getting my comics in trade paper back so I don't have to mess with cardbacks and bags.

I really didn?t start collecting as an adult until the ramp up to AOTC.

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.