South East What's everyone doing for Free Comic Book Day - May 3rd?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    So, is your chapter going to do something special for Free Comic Book Day?

Our chapter will be at Rebel Base and we'll be helping out and collecting donations for Make-A-Wish.

I'm so excited for the Star Wars Mini giveaway! Squee! :D :D :D :D :D

So, what's everyone else up to?
  2. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I've never been to a Free Comic Day before. [face_blush] I'll be at my LCS this Wednesday for the new Legacy & KOTOR releases - I'll have to ask them what's going on.

Speaking of Minis, I got your icon (loooooove me some Deliah Blue!) and Jariah Syn on Ebay. My man Cade might be a little harder to come by, but I'm determined to get the Mynock crew. [face_mischief]

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Legacy%20pics/Blue_Syn_minis.jpg]

:D
  3. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    YOU GOT DELIAH??? :eek: Oh man, I'm hoping to pull her from a package but I might just buy her outright.
  4. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Minis minis MINIS ... they are all over my house right now (No kidding +- 300 of them - nothing new though)!

My son and daughter are having a WAR (He's the Imperials trying to RULE THE GALAXY and she thinks she some group of barbie fairies spreading love or something - my son is going to be sick over this (Now that's a weapon of mass destruction he didn't count on having to deal with), oh but I digress, I will be in Charlotte for other reasons and will probably stop by Heroes.

5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Chattooine and some of the local 501st and RL members are going to invade Dicehead Comics & Games from 1 - 3pm. Nothing unusually special except this was a good jumping off point for getting some group "appearances" going again to help lead up to The Clone Wars premier.
  6. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I expect to see pictures! Lots of pictures! :D
  7. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I bought her on eBay. [face_blush] And my comic shop owner told me to bring in my Caedus and he?ll find me someone who'll swap it for a Cade. [face_love]

[face_laugh] Minis vs. Barbies. Blastech vs. Hairspray. Oooh, it?s epic!

Cool! I?ll second the call for pictures. :D

8. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [image=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/tk6416/PatStorm038.jpg]
    [image=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/tk6416/PatStorm027.jpg]
    [image=http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/knight-star/Free%20Comic%20Book%20Day%202008/100_1102.jpg]

More here:
    FCBD pics 1

and

FCBD pics 2

We were supposed to have a few more people out, but I think the potential storms in the area scared them away. It actually turned out to be a nice day. Loads of kids! The store had free pizza and had drawings every half hour for various stuff. I know my son (Anakin) walked away with a bag full of comics, the free SW mini, the Iron Man Heroclix, and a Pokemon Championship deck he won (along with some kind of X-Man hardback book that I won). I really wanted us to play Rock Band while we were there, but the drums were broke. :_| Maybe next time.
  9. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Our FCBD went well but it went without us. I spent the day at the hospital with my husband who was very ill.

They raised over $100 for Make-A-Wish. I am so bummed I wasn't there to support them but I needed to be with my husband.

Later that night I had my daughter's birthday party and she got sick. I just couldn't win for losing that day. :(
  10. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had fun in Charlotte at Heroes comic store with the kids! Jada, sorry to hear about your day - never fun when loved ones are sick... REMINDER cartoon network to air two sneak peak at SW CLONE WARS on thursday at 7:58pm. Vesper - pics are great!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.