main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East What's everyone doing for Free Comic Book Day - May 3rd?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So, is your chapter going to do something special for Free Comic Book Day?

Our chapter will be at Rebel Base and we'll be helping out and collecting donations for Make-A-Wish.

I'm so excited for the Star Wars Mini giveaway! Squee! :D :D :D :D :D

So, what's everyone else up to?

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I've never been to a Free Comic Day before. [face_blush] I'll be at my LCS this Wednesday for the new Legacy & KOTOR releases - I'll have to ask them what's going on.

Speaking of Minis, I got your icon (loooooove me some Deliah Blue!) and Jariah Syn on Ebay. My man Cade might be a little harder to come by, but I'm determined to get the Mynock crew. [face_mischief]

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Legacy%20pics/Blue_Syn_minis.jpg]

:D

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    YOU GOT DELIAH??? :eek: Oh man, I'm hoping to pull her from a package but I might just buy her outright.

4. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Minis minis MINIS ... they are all over my house right now (No kidding +- 300 of them - nothing new though)!

My son and daughter are having a WAR (He's the Imperials trying to RULE THE GALAXY and she thinks she some group of barbie fairies spreading love or something - my son is going to be sick over this (Now that's a weapon of mass destruction he didn't count on having to deal with), oh but I digress, I will be in Charlotte for other reasons and will probably stop by Heroes.

5. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Chattooine and some of the local 501st and RL members are going to invade Dicehead Comics & Games from 1 - 3pm. Nothing unusually special except this was a good jumping off point for getting some group "appearances" going again to help lead up to The Clone Wars premier.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I expect to see pictures! Lots of pictures! :D

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I bought her on eBay. [face_blush] And my comic shop owner told me to bring in my Caedus and he?ll find me someone who'll swap it for a Cade. [face_love]

[face_laugh] Minis vs. Barbies. Blastech vs. Hairspray. Oooh, it?s epic!

Cool! I?ll second the call for pictures. :D

8. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    [image=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/tk6416/PatStorm038.jpg]
    [image=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/tk6416/PatStorm027.jpg]
    [image=http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/knight-star/Free%20Comic%20Book%20Day%202008/100_1102.jpg]

More here:
    FCBD pics 1

and

FCBD pics 2

We were supposed to have a few more people out, but I think the potential storms in the area scared them away. It actually turned out to be a nice day. Loads of kids! The store had free pizza and had drawings every half hour for various stuff. I know my son (Anakin) walked away with a bag full of comics, the free SW mini, the Iron Man Heroclix, and a Pokemon Championship deck he won (along with some kind of X-Man hardback book that I won). I really wanted us to play Rock Band while we were there, but the drums were broke. :_| Maybe next time.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Our FCBD went well but it went without us. I spent the day at the hospital with my husband who was very ill.

They raised over $100 for Make-A-Wish. I am so bummed I wasn't there to support them but I needed to be with my husband.

Later that night I had my daughter's birthday party and she got sick. I just couldn't win for losing that day. :(

10. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I had fun in Charlotte at Heroes comic store with the kids! Jada, sorry to hear about your day - never fun when loved ones are sick... REMINDER cartoon network to air two sneak peak at SW CLONE WARS on thursday at 7:58pm. Vesper - pics are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.