main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto What's everyone wearing to Ep 3?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jarsis_Stole, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Im in the middle of 3 projects, a replica Stormtrooper blaster, Star Destroyer shaped computer case, and a N 1 Starfighter pilot costume.

In summary, I'm going as a N1 Starfighter pilot. Crowds are small in Perth and ppl that do go in costume really stand out.

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Well I was thinking a somewhat more morbid ensamble of the noir persuasion, perhaps something with a little scarlet thrown in to heighten the emotional color...

:p

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hopefully my Jango Fett costume if I can
    afford to finish it on time. My wife Lynora
    is going to join us for the movie as well :)

4. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

wow...episode 3 i haven't even thought about that!! i'm too busy thinking happy hobbit thoughts about the next LOTR movie!

anyone going in costume? huh? huh? anyone? :D

5. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    My current mission includes finishing school (though it may be a lost cause now), finishing my webpage (ten years and running :p) and making it to an event.

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm thinking I'll be wearing: blue jeans, a t-shirt (possibly Star Wars) and a Seattle Mariners hat...but it's still a couple of years away, so that could change.

7. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Seattle Mariners hat? Why the change?

Anyhow, I think it'd be really cool if I go as a big Totoro (or as Chibi Totoro, the leaf bearer!). Seriously though, EP3 is still quite a ways away, so I don't think anyone has decided on whether or not they'd be dressing up, though I hope Ken does, I've yet to see him in costume.

8. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Okie everyone, listen up! I've gotten Glenn to swear that if we can find or make a chibi totoro costume for him, HE WILL WEAR IT FOR EpIII!!! The only thing is, it has to completely cover his face.

Come on, everyone...this is too fun to pass up!:D

9. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I'll likely wear an I am Canadian hat with whatever t shirt I waer and cargo pants. I'll likely spend the bulk of time sleeping again.

10. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Totoro!! yay! can you call up the cat bus? ;)

11. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    Find me an R2 suit and I will make it out more often ;). Mind you it must fit ;) and i aint a small feller

12. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

artoo? hmmm that WOULD be interesting

I just realized i'm going to need a hallowe'en costume this year! O_O i have no clue!! something hobbity i suspect ;)

13. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    I need a costume too...er...well, actually, no I don't...but I want one...but I can't make a costume to save my life...oh woe is me...:D

14. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    You guys have cat busses too? That's prolly where we got the idea from.

15. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Halloween costume.

*shrugs*

16. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I'm gunna be an Asian Mace Windu with a BIG MOTHER AFRO with lightsaber action afro pick. And I'll wear a T-shirt that says BAD MOFO Shaft Ezekiel 24:17

17. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Jarsis? You're from Perth? LOL I never would have heard of it except that a guy who lived on my floor last year is from there!

I'll probably be wearing a new Padme or Leia costume :)

18. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I will most probably be getting my jedi **** in Toronto to do something interesting. hey it's the last time :* and if the TLL decide to go NY, I'll follow them.

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm gonna try for a kick ass Anakin Jedi :)

20. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    For Ep 2 we had a GUY dress in a white dress and have bread rolls over his ears. The funniest thing was he ate them in line while we did the trivia contest before the movie.

The afro idea sounds funny for Mace.

I'd love to see a person go in a Jar Jar costume and have a afro, then have all the ppl in Jedi customs chase there after.

Perth ppl turn up in the strangest places.

And here's something of interest. Of an internation survey of 130 cities, the top three where as follows:

Melbourne(state just below sydney on east coast)

Vancouver (Spell check isle 3)

And in lucky third place:
    PERTH (yay!)

21. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    Primrodo I made a Anakin belt from EP 2 but I couldnt find or make anything similar to the tool pouches and the other pouches.
    I got the jedi food capsules right and almost got the parachute buckle on the front
    the exact same, but not quite.

I have to get around to doing a website seeing as my stormtrooper blaster is in its final stages and show off my props and belts etc. Anyone wanna volunteer to do my page?
    I hate doing webpages. There's nothing logical about it, fuzzy or otherwise.

22. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    LMAO - I guess you didn't mean Perth, Ontario then :)

23. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Cool Jarsis :)

I'm gonna get my belt and pouches from Rein One. While his pouches aren't 100% accurate, they are all leather, and very nice.

I am gonna try for actual pleather or Leather tabards and Motor Cowboys redesigned Anakin boots.....gonna spend top dollar.....I sure hope his Ep3 isn't as impressive :D

You have pics of your stuff though Jarsis?

24. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    Not ATM. I only have a web cam and the pics I take with that are at best, have horrible resolution.

Im concentrating on the Stormtrooper blaster cause I want to write an australian friendly tutorial with names of a part I have used and where I brought it from here in Perth and then put it on the net.

The site I got the plans from had no information about what order the rifle was made in, and in the instance where things werent labelled what they were exactly and how it much it costs.

The moment I get hold of a digital camera I will be doing step by step how to blaster rifle tutorial, and how to over come the difficulties that I came across.

My first "mule" rifle is just about finished.
    The second one I make will be documented in pics moreso than words. As they say, one pic tells a thousand words.

25. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    Also in obtaining a oval belt buckle from Tandy leather yesterday, I have just about finished my Luke Ceremonial costume.

I just need to get a belt with the holster
    like in the movie, and I have everything.
    I have a green jacket similar to Luke, though its kinda the same as the one Mara Jade wears on the cover of one of the games or comics.

I have the pants and shirt and boots, and in the process of making a PVC Lightsaber from plans off the net, just needing to fit various detail, like recharging ports and the ignition switch, plus a custom type plush velvet handgrip and it should be about done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.