main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL What's evryone up to?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoK, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    Like I said....What's evryone up to? [face_laugh]

I went to the eye doctor, turns out I need glasses. Uhh....So.....where's evryone else? :p

EDIT - Also, looking forward to Star Trek and Terminator. Can't wait for those! :D

2. BobSolo

BobSolo Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    Well I'm spending most of my time with school and work.

also i too am looking forward to Terminator and i think X-men will be good as well

3. khristenkenobi

khristenkenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Were still alive. lol. We went to the cape comic con yesterday, and yuri, jeff and bob trooped at the carbondale relay for life late last night. We are going to have a meeting in may. i'm trying to find a good spot so we can kind of do the picnic thing. It's nice and i know lots of people would rather be outside.

4. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I'm getting over Mono. Working on my Mando costume. Jetpack and that stuff.That's about it.

5. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    I was wondering if I was the only one here or not. :p How are you guys and the baby doing? I bet your getting excited! And by excited, I meen if your anything like me, extremly nervous. [face_laugh] :p ;)

Hope you feel better Yuri!

Oh, I picked up the Star Trek stuff yesterday.....

*Puts glasses on, communicator on belt, phaser in hand, tricorder in the other and runs around like a Trekkie*

6. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    LOL! Are you looking forward to the movie?

7. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Yes I am, and to get ready for Terminator, I've been shooting at all the machines I come across. [face_laugh]

8. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    How's the Jodo Kast coming along? I've got all the stuff to start my jetpack and we've started working with fiberglass

9. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Ahhh, hasn't moved once. [face_worried]

OH GOD.....Today, man.....I got a package. I payed for it like a month ago. Well, opened it, and evrything was in there, plus some. A bunch of cockroaches were in there with my stuff. [face_hypnotized] How wonderful.

I was pretty depressed already, I just...I don't know, I'm in a funny mood I guess.

EDIT - GAH.....nevermind about the other part of this post. [face_hypnotized]

(I edited out a part of it...)

10. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, that's an interesting suprise.

11. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Yes, yes it was. Here I had been so excited about the stuff....Now evrytime I look at it, I'll think about that. [face_hypnotized] He sent multiple packages out, and as luck would have it, mine's the only one that contained all the....extras.

12. khristenkenobi

khristenkenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Dude I totally would have freaked if yuri had opened that package. I hate those things. LOL. To your earlier post baby Alexis is doing well. a little less than 13 wks to go. yeah!!!!

13. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    LOL, I wish he would of opened it for me. [face_laugh] I'll be the first to admit that I'm afraid of them...

I can't beleive there's only 13 weeks left for you guys! And Alexis is a great name! Its very pretty!

EDIT -

Totaly unrelated, but here's a shot of my Trek junk. LOL.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Star%20Trek/toys/5-02-09017.jpg]

14. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Evryone go see Star Trek, it was pretty dang awsome. :D

15. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Hope everyone made it through the crazy storms Friday.

16. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Yeah realy, I know Schnucks and Toysrus were damaged in some form in Marion. We missed evrything up here, but it would seem C'Dale and the area around there got it pretty dang bad.

17. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I guess it's good I don't work @ Toys R Us in Marion anymore. Everything's really tore up throughout Williamson and Jackson Counties. I've heard from everybody now. We have several members without power, still.

18. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    It looks like there's still people in Marion/C'Dale without power, that's crazy. [face_hypnotized]

19. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    What did you think of Star Trek?

20. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    *phaser noises* I loved it! :D I almost cried at the first part of it, LOL! But overall, it was just a great movie. I'd deffintly welcome another movie, mabey get Shatner in the mix...Or not. [face_laugh]

I'm looking foreward to Terminator too, I've heard mixed reviews about it though. It seems some people anticipated a dark gritty movie, and some were expecting some happy-go-lucky end of the world humanity cartoon or something. So depending on who's saying what, the reviews are mixed. [face_laugh]

Anyone bought any SW toys latly? I found the Hoth Rebel guy and the Imperial Officer dude today at Wal-Mart...So I picked them up.

21. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    I loved Star trek, too. Very well cast movie. I havn't picked up hardly any Star Wars figures lately. As soon as I See the Concept art Anakin or the Hoth Rebel, I'll get them.

22. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    The only person I didn't like, would be Wekov. I mean, Chekov. [face_laugh] "I can do this, I can do this!" Yet I can't even remember what he was trying to do. :oops:

My list isn't to much for what's been revealed so far :

TX-130 Republic Tank : ($20) July

Legacy #22 comic pack : ($12?) August
    (?)2X Gunship turret packs : ($30???Each) August
    Boba Fett Droid pack : ($12?) August

Gungan Warrior : ($8) September

Jango Fett and Coleman Trebor pack ($12?) October

Turbo Tank $100 (Whenever in Fall)

Although I'm thinking my $225 could go to something else, I might not buy evrything I wanted after all. The only reason I like the Turbo Tank is because of its usage in the Empire comics, I didn't even know it was used in ROTS. [face_laugh] :p The more I see of it, the less I want it. Not to mention it takes up alot of room.

23. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hi all, Just thought I would ask, Did anyone see R2 in Trek?

24. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Evryone is looking for R2-D2.....Am I seriously the only one looking for C-3PO? [face_laugh] :p

We went to see Terminator here yesterday, and it was good. I expected something a bit more...."Real", but it was a good movie. I think it would of made a better second movie if MCG is going for a new trilogy. I would of rather seen John Conner rise up in the resistance or something...I'd still recommend it, lol. I've been talking to a few internet friends from all over, and alot agree with me, evryone should have a resistance costume. It's a pretty easy costume to do, LOL.

25. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    I havn't had a chance to see Terminator Salvation yet. But R2 is in Trek? I need to see it again. I missed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.