main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's going on, Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Archive: Enterprise, AL' started by Bors_Kaegel, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bors_Kaegel

Bors_Kaegel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey Enterprise!

It's Kevin from the Alabama Star Wars Syndicate. Been a while, eh? I just got back from our fan club's 4th anniversary Death Star Bash a few hours ago, and I thought I'd take a few minutes to check in with our neighboring fan clubs.

If any of you have accounts with our Message Forum, I encourage you to visit our website (link below) and update your details so your account stays active and so you recieve any updates.. should you so choose to be updated.

We have a decent year's schedule lined up, with 3 conventions and a slew of club events. If you guys want to be a part of it, you are more than welcome to participate, as always.

I hope to see you guys soon. Until then, Happy Birthday Joe!

2. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    KEVIN! Long time no see, buddy. Yes, we simply HAVE to get together sometime soon. It's a shame all of our past attempts came up short. I'm home on family crisis leave at the moment. My Grandfather passed away last night so everything has been chaotic, to say the least. As soon as I can, I'll be getting up with you to discuss a few things.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes as well.

:)

Sage H.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yes, happy birthday man! I hope you had a great one. :)

P.S.- Sorry to hear about your grandpa. :(

4. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    OBIX1. Nice to see you again. Thank you for the Birthday wishes and condolences. Whatcha been up to lately?

Sage H.

5. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks man! Ah, not a whole lot. Mostly just school and such. How about you? :)

6. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    Working offshore. Two weeks on and two weeks off. Money's great and the time off is unbeatable.

:)

Sage H.

7. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Very cool! Sounds like you've got a great job. :cool:

8. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    About time too. Walmart was sucking my will to live.

Sage H.

9. thechosenDorK

thechosenDorK Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2006
    Hi. My name is Dork-

(Hi DorK!)

-and I've worked for wal-mart for two years (sniff, sniff) now. I even work nights (sniff) so my sleep schedule is always messed up-

(people coming forward to hug me)

-they under pay me (sniff) and expect me to put 55 cases on the shelf in an hour. Lord, I don't know what to do.

10. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I wouldn't want work at Wal-Mart. :)

11. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    Poor Dork. And I'm glad you know the true way, OBIX1. The way AWAY from walmart.

:D

Sage H.

12. thechosenDorK

thechosenDorK Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2006
    I don't know, I can't bash walmart too bad. they've gave me a stable job and the poor area that I'm in doesn't offer a whole lot more. so it'll do for the time.

I've definitely had worse, like a janitor job where i had to scrape up poo off the womens bathroom floor!

13. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    Speaking of Wal-Mart... I just ended my employment after a 6 year stint with them on December 31st. I worked 3 at the Cullman store and 3 at the Hoover store. I just couldn't see devoting another year to endless drudgery, so I made it a resolution to end it. (i.e. I was beyond very tired of my job there.) Retail just isn't for me in the long-term, although they did teach me some good customer service skills.

Wal-Mart is a good employer, if a bit rigid. I suppose you have to be when you manage over a million employees.

- - - - - - - - -

Joe, man that sounds like a cool deal of a job. Send me an e-mail and we'll talk future events and such.

14. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    I feel ya on the leaving Wal-Mart, Kevin. Been there, done that. 8 years. *shudder* So yeah, just got home. Had to spend some time in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. ;) I'll drop ya a line though.

Sage H.

15. Bors_Kaegel

Jan 29, 2002
    Cool deal, man. We've got a fundraiser going on that we've got the Chatanooga and Atlanta FanForces involved in (working on my fellas at the 501st SO) that we could use your help on.

If you want to read more, look here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.