main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What's going to happen to the EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthIshyZ, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Debates will still happen even after we are all dead. As long as the OT/PT/ST/LEU/Disney EU 1 and whatever other trilogies and EU's are out by then they will still be consumed and debated upon. The vehemence will probably be gone when all of this changing is common place.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The reason I said that is due to the fact it won't be nearly as strong as it was right now. There will be other things going on that will consume people's feelings and thoughts. I think that like a lot of things in life, the emotions will change the further away the newer generations are compared to the first ones.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree with you Dearh Sinister, this star wars will be for a new genertaion that may have shun the previous installements and while there will be debates and heated ones, the one debate that won't hold water any more are the canon debates. Their will always be someone that will say that before it was better and that I invested money and that this stuff now is crap. But.....GL sold star wars and is no longer the owner. Yes, he can give input, but he is not changing anyones mind on how they are going to do something that was why he was paid $4.05 billion dollars for it. All the rules that were in place back then are now off. Disney as the new owners can do whatever they like and in a way they have......New canon, will be everything from here on out that the story group says will be so debates are not useful becuase they won't change what has been determined. Will the old star wars EU go away? Hell no, they are going to make money out of it now that its taken a nostaglic road. I think in this area debates will minimize becuase for many years many fans have clamored for there stories to be valued just like the movies and now the chance is given. Now every novel they announced that is getting a release is part of the new canon, the new comic books to inlcude the 4 parter Darth Maul is canon. So good times are coming, in fact I'm looking forward to this 2.0 of things. Whats not to be excited about? 6 new movies that will be canon onto each other, no more separation between the awful Holiday Special, the divison of the prequels with the OT, and two obscure Ewok movies, and the rarely shown or talked about Ewok/Droids cartoon series. We got novels, comic books, animation, video games, possible tv series (live action). Star Wars is alive and well and going to be good. Just stay away from the negative people that talk about over stauration and its not going to be great and stuff like that. This is not going to be TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.