main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's Happenin' around the Piedmont? Local shows and event listings.

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Well, here's us a thread to post local events that are happening. I've been out of the local band scene for too long now. Anyways, I went out this past weekend to see a local band called Glass Casket and they rocked. It sucks I've been missing out on **** like this just cos I didn't know it was out there to be heard. Which is why we need a thread like this.

So this is what I know is coming soon...

This coming Wednesday... Freakin' Cannibal Corpse with Hypocrisy ,FREAKIN' VILE and Exhumed
    [face_devil]. That's March 10th, this wednesday, at Ziggys in Winston-Salem.

Saturday March 27th... Headbangers Ball Tour at the Millenium Center

Damageplan(previous members of Pantera)
    [face_devil]
    Hatebreed
    Drowning Pool
    Unearth
    * I'll be at this show selling merchandise I think.

Tuesday April 6th at the Millenium Center

Slipknot
    Fear Factory
    Chimaira

April 16th at Ziggy's

GWAR * if you have never seen GWAR. I personally recommend seeing them atleast once in your life.

Tuesday May 4th at Ziggy's

Zao
    Scarlet
    Prodigal Zoo
    Misery Signals

I've also heard a rumor of Arch Enemy coming to Winston soon. If you hear of something definite...please let me know.

2. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
  3. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    APC is coming to town baaayyybbbeeeeeee!! I cant wait! They are playing in Raleigh, NC on Thursday May 13th, Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10am. They are also playing in Charlotte the next night, Friday, May 14th, tickets are already on sale for the Charlotte show. I am going to the Raleigh show, see you there!

Chris
    Greensboro Garrison

4. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I'll only go if the wife wants too. The last album kinda sucked I thought but, that is just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.

I'ld much rather hear some Tool off the Opiate lp. [face_devil]

Thanks for posting the info though.

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Don't forget GWAR is this Friday at Ziggy's and I didn't realise this before but, Bad Acid Trip is opening for em'

Need I say more....... Be there \m/ [face_devil]

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    This coming Sunday in Fayetteville NC @ Jester's.

The Black Dahlia Murder, Vital Remains and Cattle Decapitation

anyone else going to this? \m/ [face_devil]

7. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Crap! I can't believe you are getting this concert! (Well, if this site is correct)

Ministry, May 12 at Millenium

:_|

Last time I saw Ministry was in 1984 or 1985 [face_shocked] at Spize on Long Island!

EDIT: The Official Site says Ziggy's.

And man! Al is so much older than the last time I saw him! OK, well, so am I but . . . . 8-}

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Dog, this post should go in this thread... ;) :p

Just thought I would let you guys know that Dillion Fence is playing at Ziggy's in WINSTON SALEM!!! This Friday night!!!

8-6-04

Go check them out!!!!

The dog will be there for sure!!!

woof...

9. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Adam just freakin won tickets for Ozzfest [face_jealous]

10. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    This Wednesday night at Ziggy's.... 8/11/04

Machine Head & Chimaira

11. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    OzzFest in Raleigh on August 31st.

edit: also .... Misery Index 9/19 - High Point, NC - Hartley's House of Rock
    * - w/ Cephalic Carnage

12. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    here's my review from Ozzfest. Hope some of you got to see this show this year.

OZZFEST 2004 REVIEW

Well we got there late and were super pissed 'cos we missed Lacuna Coil and me and my friend both wanted to see them. BUT we found out later that they didn't play. Then we felt better about being late.

Bleeding Through(missed these guys)
    Atreyu(missed these guys)
    Darkest Hour(didn't care)
    Throwdown(didn't care)
    Magna Fi (didn't care)
    DevilDriver (didn't care)
    God Forbid (awesome, 3rd time seeing them)
    OTEP (1st time seeing them, Liked 'em, bought their new cd, got it autographed, singer was kinda a beotch)
    Unearth(didn't care)
    Every Time I die(didn't care)
    Lamb of God (awesome, bought newest cd, got it autographed as well as my Burn the Priest 7", they were all cool. They were like awesome, you got some of the oldschool fodder. Singer wasn't very fan friendly)
    Hatebreed(could care less)
    Slipknot(demoted to second stage this year, oh well, not a big fan anyways)

Black Label Society(3rd time seeing them, ok I guess)
    Super Joint Ritual ( Phil talked way to much and they only had so long to play... My friend and I were like you only got 30 45 mins. to play.... Shut the **** up and play some music. I'm not here to hear you talk the whole time)
    Dimmu Borgir(******* killer, played older songs, I think my friend I were the only ones that were as excited about seeing them. Croud starts a pit during Super Joint which really isn't pit music, it's to slow. No pit for Dimmu when there should have been. I wish they would have been able to play more than 5 or 6 songs. They only played 1 song of of DCA, 1 song of Puritanical, the rest older stuff but, I don't think they played anything off Spiritual Black Dimensions which is the only other Dimmu record I have. The new drummer isn't no where near as good as Nicholas. He actually ****** up a few times. Over all, they were awesome,I was glad I've finally been able to see them live)
    Slayer (Of course these guys ******* rocked. What do you expect, I've never seen or heard of a disappointing Slayer show. They played a good mixture of songs from all releases about(Reign in Blood,Mandatory Suicide,Dead Skin Mask, South of Heaven). The pit was going at it's strongest during Slayer. Nothing but, good things to say about Slayer. They were signing which pissed me off 'cos I didn't think they would be signing. 'Cos Dave Lombardo is the only signature I'm missing on some LP's. BUT kERRY WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAME OUT TO MEET PEOPLE)
    Judas Priest( I guess they did good, the croud seem to be very excited. I was never a Judas Priest fan when I was a kid so I ddidn't really care. They did play the You got another thing comin' song and the Breakin the Law song. Halfords vocals were way too loud.)
    Black Sabbath(What do you think? Of course they ******* rocked. What do you expect? The only thing was Iommis' guitar was too loud. Started with WarPigs(my favorite) Played all the big hits: Black Sabbath, Fairies wear Boots, Iron Man and so on) Funny part was Ozzy tellin' us about his motorcycle accident and the doctor tellin' him, "You may wanna wait to do any touring for about 18 months." Of course Ozzys' response to the Doctor was **** You. [face_laugh] Anyways they were great. Bill Ward has put on a few pounds though.

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Sorry I didn't mention this show ahead of time but, Jesters Pub in Fayeteville had yet another cool show.

Saturday they had : Jungle Rot, Cattle Decapitation, Goat Whore and Deicide.

Saturday September 25th
    Southern Culture on the Skids(swamp rock, similar to Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Coming up show not too far away I plan on going to is Charlie Daniels at Myrtle Beach October 1st.

Tuesday October 26th at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem
    Remembering Never
    Black Dahlia Murder
    Unearth
    The Haunted
    Shadows Fall

Tuesday October 26th at Jesters Pub in Fayeteville.
    Critical Assault
    Misery Index
    Goat Whore
    Vader
    Napalm Death

man this sucks two really good shows on the same night. Well I guess I've seen Shadows Fall and Black Dahlia Murder before and I've never seen Misery Index or Napalm Death before.

Just remembered Ministry is also playing this night in Charlotte at Treemont Music Hall.

Rumor has it that Cradle of Filth will be playing at Ziggy's in November [crosses fingers]

14. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well if you weren't at Jesters Pub Tuesday night you missed one ummmmm.... HECK of a show.

Misery Index played just as hard as they would for 1,000's fans as they did us 6-8 people standin' up front. I had really been wanting to see them really bad. They are previous members of Dying Fetus. Talking to Sparky was really cool, as well as Jason. Finding out the real scoop on what happened. Sparky was just a really nice guy that didn't mind talking to me and signing my records.

Cattle Decapitation ended up playing instead of VADER which is kinda a jip but I still love seein' em. Their front man is one crazy guy. I asked em' if they moved to North Carolina or something and he laughed.( Joke = every time I've been to Jesters Pub to see a show lately [4 or 5] times They have played. They played with Vital Remains, Deicide and Napalm Death +. What's funny is they are from California.)

NAPALM DEATH was amazing despite Barney messed up knee and ankle. I just love british accents. They played some old toons , some cover toons off the Leaders Not Followers cd's and a couple songs off a new full length coming out. Check it out, it sounded awesome to me.

any who....coming up.

Genitortures at Ziggy's Monday night

Cradle of Filth at Ziggy's November 14(16)th, Sunday night.

I believe GWAR is coming again soon.

Rock on little kiddies. Rock the *&^% on !!!!!

and without further adue... put Cradle of Filths' Nymphetamine CD in your stereo. Turn it up and push PLAY. \M/ [face_devil]

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Cradle of Filth 5 more days

16. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Febuary 25th at Jesters Pub in Fayetville.

Cryptopsy
    Cattle Decapitation
    Misery Index

and atleast one more band.

So you say you like metal, we'll see.I know it's a 3 hour drive but, you do what ya gotta do to catch the Metal shows in NC.

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    any of y'all wanna go to this show with me tonight? ^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.