main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge "What's in a name?"--The JC Title Challenge--New title, "Wall Words," December 3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthIshtar, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Anyone can write/vote. This is an open thread.

Darth_suzi, stop being so nice to me! I just came up with this because my titles always stink and I felt it would be fun to let someone else do the hard work. ;)

2. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    LOL, my titles are worse. I was looking them over earlier today, and I realized how end-times-obsessed I seem. I mean, my first three titles were Revelations, Setting Suns, and Assassin.

And then some titles for school essays: "Tears of the Oppressed" (About my teacher who I didn't like), "A Dead Tree Gives No Shelter" (About falling out of a tree), and "On Street Corners". (About Mother Teresa. That one's actually okay.) Most of the titles would be okay, but they don't fit in at all with the story.

So, um, I probably won't be contributing to the ideas for titles, because mine are always either melodramatic, or boring, or just weird. 8-}

3. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    At least you came up with titles. One of my stories, didn't have a name for a month, until readers started throwing me titles and I finally came up with one. My beta had to come up with the title for one of the viggies that I've written.

This challenge looks interesting. I might see if I can come up with something for it. [face_mischief]

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like "Tears of the Oppressed."

At least you're not like Jedi-Jae who wrote a big story under the name "Insert Pretentious Title Here." Afterwards, she figured out the name. For my trilogy, I wrote it under the umbrella title The Other Half, then developed "burden of choice," "dying of the light," and "When morning comes."

5. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Great idea, Ish! If I have time tomorrow/sunday, i'll write a challenge for the "All who take the sword" topic(in between writing the D&C post).

If I think of any cool titles for the next round, I'll post 'em here :D

6. Darth_Suzi

Jun 23, 2004
    "Tears of the Oppressed" is an okay title, I guess, but it totally didn't fit the paper, which was about how my teacher and I didn't get along, and how I got my first detention, and stuff like that. (Obviously, I swiched schools before I wrote about the teacher.) I was desperately googling at, like, 9:30 at night, because it was due the next day, and I had just noticed that we needed to title our papers, so I just randomly opened my Bible and pulled out the first phrase that even halfway fit. I got a really low grade on it, anyway.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    that's how i used to get titles, Suzi. My title for the term paper on the Great Gatsby was from an inspirational poem about repentance that says "a bird once broken, they say, can never fly quite so high again..." I took the phrase "A bird once broken." "Then comes the night" is also scriptural.

8. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I second nom "Only In A Smile" I can already see that it can be fluffy, happy viggie.

~aeryn

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, we're not going to nom again until at least someone other than me has written a viggie by way of response. So get cracking, everyone!

10. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm working on it, Ish. But DRL and other plot bunnies are draggin me down :(

Hopefully mine will be up w/in the week :)

11. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'd be writing one, DarthIshtar, except that a songfic plot bunny hit me right before this got started... Maybe after I finish that... I have an idea, but I don't have the time at the moment.

12. Darth_Suzi

Jun 23, 2004
    I've got one in the works. It's just not finished yet because DRL and my stupid computer are teaming up to destroy me.

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Ooh! Ooh! I have one :D :) O:) Now, if I can get past the planning stages, and actually start writing, it would be even cooler :p [face_mischief]

I second nom "Only In A Smile" I can already see that it can be fluffy, happy viggie.
    Aww, thanks, aeryn! That's what I was going for when I suggested that title. I was like...better get a potential romance title in there :p [face_mischief] O:)

And as for the real reason that I popped in here: When are the pieces due by? Or at least the first post of the pieces (since mine's going to be longer than one post :p :D )

~LtJS @};-

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    My title: No Good for Me

~aeryn

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, that would be good.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Is there a cut-off date for writing a vignette for the titles? For example, is there a specific date to have the "Those Who Take the Sword" viggie done? I'm tired and my brain went on vacation without me. I think it's partying in Mexico or someplace like that righ tnow.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The 29th. All challenges will be 2 weeks from the posting of the elected title.

18. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    oooo, love this idea! i think I'll try my hand at this...

:Targeter:

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm writing one at the moment which will turn into a fairly big story sometime.

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
  21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The index is updated to show your contribution, Vader. Great job, as always.

22. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Um, can I nominate a title or shall I wait my turn? ;)

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    There are no "turns." But you can't nom until September 30th at 12:00 a.m.

24. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
  25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes! I love your contribution, Targeter. I hadn't thought of the Sword of the Jedi connotation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.