Macon, GA What's in a name? The name for our group that is.

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I'm with LJ. I would like for it to be instantly recognizable as a Star Wars group. I also wanted for it to be associated directly with the Macon/Middle Georgia area. With CLONES you think of two things, Star Wars and sheep. I'm pretty sure that no one thinks that there would be a fan club devoted to sheep (outside of Arkansas anyway -- j/k -- don't burn me.)

I like "Outlanders," but I think it not "Star Wars-y" enough. Although in fan circles we could be referred to as "Ootmians." It will certainly be on the ballot. . .

. . .along with "The Kessel Miners' Guild" ;)

BTW Dale, if you want everyone to see your logo idea just type the link in and we can copy and paste it into the browser. geocities doesn't let you link to files on their servers.
  2. whipwarrior Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Good thinking. By the way, no matter what the group name is, I can apply it to the design template I created, as I always keep copies of my works-in-progress until the final draft. I can easily put a small Clone Trooper helmet on the map where Macon is, and redesign the title logo for the final image.

I have another important order of business to discuss. At the last meeting, it was kind of awkward when I first arrived at Barnes & Noble because I was looking right at you guys and didn't realize it. Due to the fact that this message board does not allow us to make our own photo icons, new users will not recognize other members in person.

I have a large Star Wars banner that I would like to donate to the group. It is a retail promo sign, used to advertise the Kenner line. I move that it should be mandatory to display this sign at all future meetings to help new members locate us easier. It shall be the collective property of the group, and must be carried to all public meetings by the City Representative, who is usually the first person to arrive. I will bring it with me next time, where it will be given to the elected Representative.

-Dale

3. whipwarrior Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Here is the URL to my logo idea. Keep in mind that I can apply any group name that we decide on, so this design is by no means the final draft, but rather my best idea. I'm sure that we can improve on it, if anyone sees fit.

-Dale

http://www.geocities.com/pangaeascape/outlanders.jpg
  4. Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I thought it would be cool to have some of those table triangles with our logo on it. As far a name Macon Clones sound cool.

Now all we need is some great posters to symbolize our group. Whip Warrior obviously has some ideas, and I was trying to brainstorm something.

On the goofy but cute side, I had one off the wall idea. Have any of you ever heard of Veggie Tales? They are basically Christian cartoons involving vegetable people.

What if we had a poster with 1000's of peaches dressed in Clone armor with guns? You could have a tag line like "Come join our growing force" or something else similar.

Then we could start making little stuffed peach troopers with our logo on the back. Before you know it, we could be rich, rich, rich I tell you.

It's just an idea though.
  5. whipwarrior Jedi Youngling

star 1
    LOL... Peach Troopers. It takes an easily-amused person such as myself to fully appreciate an idea like that. Maybe I can Photoshop something along those lines.

-Dale

P.S.- Yes, I will be the first to admit that I am a very easily-amused person, and I've been that way all my life.
  6. sabrann Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Cloned peaches....who would have thought of that one ? :)

I think it's cute

BTW...i am all for the name being Macon Clones...it has a nice ring to it.

Hey....anyone know where I can get a Imperial Royal Gaurd helmet that's not that insane on price and looks decent ?

Thought I would ask...thanks

sabrann
  7. Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sabrann -

Try this site:

http://server6.ezboard.com/bcrimsonempirethesquall

A discussion forum for Imperial Royal Guard costumes. The comic series Crimson Empire (I and II) concerned the last Royal Guardsman. A pretty good read.
  8. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Macon Clones!?!?

I see a trend building.

I also like the peach idea. I was trying to think of something using the cherry blossom but I wasn't getting anywhere.

If you do create an idea, make sure you bring it to the next meeting for "show and tell."
  9. Force_Me Jedi Youngling

MASC
    Macon Area Starwars Club?
    Kinda reminds me of BattleTech.
    Best thing I could come up with in a few minutes.

I liked the Macon Knights but thats been taken.

Sue me I just hate being called a clone.

Are we mostly Lightside or Darkside?
    Rebel or Empire?

Considering GA is knows as a Rebel state maybe the Macon Rebel Alliance / Macon Rebels

10. sabrann Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Interestin idea there.....

hopefully at the 3rd meeting we can vote and decide what we will be offically known as :)

(other than insane rednecks on a lightsaber spree ;) )

HEY...there's a thought for a name
    IRLS...Insane Rednecks on a Lightsaber Spree...
    our motto could be

" We Will Slash Anything "

ok, I know...I know it won't go but it is funny ain't it ?
    sabrann
  11. litllejedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I love it sabrann. Creativite and exciting. I say run with it. There's a good name in that idea somewhere.

Wait a minuet... IRLS, huh!??

you mean Georgia's Insane Rednecks on a Lightsabre Spree?

GIRLS!!!

Hmmm...we should watch this one guys :)

Seriously, good thinking though.

12. sabrann Jedi Youngling

star 1
    And what exactly is wrong with GIRLS ?

I don't see anything wrong with that, of course I am biased :p

sabrann
  13. Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nothing is wrong with girls. We could even have a female clone peach among thousands of guy peaches.

I know it doesn't make sense, but hey did Smurfet really make sense either?
  14. Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Go to Richiesarmor.com and look under his "Misc" section. Great female Stormtrooper costume... :)

15. whipwarrior Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Cool. Does it come with a female trooper? I'll buy one!

-Dale
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.