main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon What's in your collection?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    If you collect Star Wars items, what are some of your favorite items?
    Figures, novels, books, comics, statues, even costumes. If it's a special item to you, what made it special?

I collect a lot of stuff from figures to comics, old and new stuff.
    My favorite item has to be my original '77 figures, loose, some have the weapons, and are in a ESB collector case.
    I played with those a lot, but I always included a Jawa in the adventures with the fab 4 (Luke, Han, Chewie, and Leia), and the droids. The Jawa was the mechanic when the Falcon broke. Ah, good times.

2. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    My favorites this week [face_whistling] are the Kotobukiya Statues. Last week was the Gentle Giant busts, but wow they get expensive(stupid small production amount).

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I like my two original movie posters ANH and ESB. Someone mounted them on poster board which caused them to loose a lot of there value. But then I would never have been able to aford them.

4. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I just moved and I am going to spend this next week getting settled. I have a master plan for showcasing my collectibles..... I'll post pics. That is when I ever get around to it.

-Bill

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I have a pretty large collection, all of the Master Replicas stuff and the previous Icons line, plus a lot of lithographs and some original art. I think my favorite pieces are probably the Harrison Ford Signature Edition Millennium Falcon and the Mace Windu Signature Edition lightsaber, those are the ones that stand out the most. Though I have a lot of stuff I love, I mean the Dual Signature Edition Vader ROTS helmet is pretty awesome, and so is the Elite Edition Luke Skywalker ROTJ saber. It's a fun collection and it reminds me of the galaxy far, far away every day! haha.

6. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    My collection is mostly toys, simply because that's what I can afford (though, if I had saved money instead of buying the hundreds of action figures, I could probably have afforded some nicer things, but I guess I went for quantity over quality...). I have three MR mini lightsabers (ROTS Vader, Gold ANH Vader, ROTS Obi-Wan) and three MR FX Sabers (Mace, ESB Vader and ROTS Anakin). BK watches. DVDs. Books. CDs. Cups from BK, Taco Bell, 7-11 and others. Mousepad. Hallmark ornaments. I actually have quite a large collection, and it is pretty eclectic. Too bad it's all in storage right now until we move to a bigger place where I can have my own room/office to display my stuff (my wife just doesn't want all my geekery to overrun our life...).

7. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Added a Mighty Muggs Han Solo & Darth vader, and a Gen.Veers/AT-AT Driver galactic Heroes to the collection.

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, oh boy. Yeah if I had a girlfriend she'd just have to appreciate that my place, my Star Wars stuff. It's a package deal, you get both for the price of one. I can't imagine living with a girl, haha, like I'd want to see her junk all over my place or like she'd want to live with Darth Vader and lightsabers surrounding her. ;)

9. 501st_commander

501st_commander Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2006
    :) im pretty in to trying to collect all of the clone trooper figures and all of the books, i have something like 48 books right now and only a couple short of having all the released clone troopers

10. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I used to collect action figures...because I played with them as well! haha. I had a lot of SW stuff(posters, mugs, books, cards, magazines, exc.) But I sold it all in a garage sale when I was saving money to go to Russia. Including most of my action figure collection(which made me really sad!).

But I do have my small collection of things that i'm holding onto because someday they will be worth money!(like when i'm dead and my children's children are old, haha)

11. Colt1326

Colt1326 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007

but have you read all those books? If not, you should.

12. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I just picked up the last three books of the X-Wing series yesterday. That will keep me entertained for awhile.

- Bill

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I don't think any of the current toys will ever be worth anything personally, they were mass produced and too many people are holding onto them because "one day they'll be worth money!" That only works when nobody thinks of that, then decades later there is demand, and no supply.

14. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    While I agree that most of the figures will never be worth more than the plastic they're made of, there are a handful even now that are going for over $100. The Lars Homestead Padme springs to mind as an example. I can't justify paying that much for an action figure, but apparently there are people out there who can.

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hmm...

Yeah I am the same way. I don't see action figures as a serious collection, though, to me they are made for kids and I wouldn't want them cluttering my place. I already joke about how my place is so Star Wars-ed out that I'll never have a girlfriend, but at least it's adult collectibles, paintings, lithographs, high-end collectibles, etc. Action figures are "fun" to me but I didn't see myself collecting them.

16. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I myself never really "collected" action figures in that kind of way. I mean, I kinda did. To ME it was "collecting". But I also couldn't wait to rip them open and start playing with them, haha. I pretty much had a whole universe set up and had daily episodes with them, haha. My second Luke was just Mark H. and my second Han was Harrison, exc. They provided the best fun for me as a kid and it was also something I could play with my brother!
    Pretty much, I secretly played with my action figures until I was like 15. [face_laugh][face_shhh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.