main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What's it like INSIDE at a Movie Premiere?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bobatron, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I know some people here are actually in the movie business so I'll post this here since I can't find an answer online, and before posting at IMDB which I think is more likely to just get trolling answers... We always see the red carpet and the arrivals but what happens once people get inside? Does it become anything like a regular trip to the movies, with all those people lining up at the concession stand buying popcorn and snacks? Is the movie showing on just one screen or does everyone attending it see it in more auditoriums showing it simultaneously? Is the seating reserved? Do they show trailers or does someone make a presentation?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They're actually all perfectly duplicated on entry and then one of the two indistinguishable copies is killed and harvested for organs to sell on the black market.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    typically a used diaper fight breaks out. at the minority report premiere, i remember cruise AND spielberg each catching one in the face. it really smelled bad in that theater but everyone seemed to enjoy the movie.

Ender Sai and tom like this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    once inside the doors the celebrities breathe a sigh of relief as they can at last shed their uncomfortable skin suits and reveal their true reptilian forms. they are then free to communicate telepathically while watching 43 movies at once.

6. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    wow, that didn't happen at the minority report premiere. my, how times change.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's true. celebrities are the fastest evolving species on earth.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hookers and blow for everybody.

9. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You've never posted in the JCC before, have you

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    A bunch of hopefulls fill a theatre and hope to get caught on camera afetrwards giving compliments to the film maker even if it sucked so they may potentially be known as a nice person so they can work in films.

12. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    It's dull. Dull. Dull. My God it's dull, it's so desperately dull and tedious and stuffy and boring and des-per-ate-ly DULL.

13. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Weird, somehow I missed that Yahoo link. I don't think I did a search after October.