Phx what's new with you?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jupitertronic, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    i'm bored and i was just wondering, what's new with everyone? do you have a new favorite band? did you learn anything really nifty recently?

nothing's too big or little. maybe you bought a new fridge, whatever. i want to know! :)

as for me, i've decided in the past few weeks that rudolph valentino was like the most gorgeous guy ever to live, and that finding someone to date isn't the most important thing in life. sort of changed my priorities around a little bit. i also decided i want a pet turtle. :D

there's also the possibility that my aunt, who's always wanted a kid, is finally pregnant for the first time at age 42. *is happy for her*

how about everyone else? what's new in your life? post, post, post! :)
  2. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OMG! [face_shocked] jupitertronic you're like totally pyschic! I did buy a new refrigerator! It's a side by side Amana and it's being delivered tomorrow! Along with a chest freezer (which I will again state is not a bra that has ice in it.)
  3. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    rofl, awesome! what color is it? :D
  4. mrbunny666 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I gave another painting away to someone who needed it.
    Im preparing to do the next painting.

There is other big possible changes but things are hazy right now. More on that later.
  5. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Their both white. The rest of the kitchen appliances are white but if I had my choice, I would have gong I mean gone with stainless steel. But I'm just doing the frig, not all the appliances since the house came with a glass top stove (BONUS!) I like to cook so these are things that make me very happy!

I also got a new pair of boots. I'd promised myself when I got a wee bit of cash I'd get them. The promise was made to myself 7 years ago. It was about time I cashed in on that one!
  6. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I am about to pass a milestone in a month and a half.... 1 year as a CR! You have no idea how rare that is :eek: :p
  7. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Chest Freezer. [face_laugh]

Got a new position at work. More Resp.,same pay. They sure got themselves a bargain. ;) But maybe not for long. ;)
  8. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    argh, double post. my fault though, but still :mad:
  9. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    More Resp.,same pay

WHY? (Then again, I'm the grunt of the club. I'm always doing things for free, teaching at the last minute, etc.)

I think at my next review I'll ask for a promotion with LESS responsiblity and MORE pay.
  10. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    congrats, zoo! :D good to know we have someone like you in charge of things. ;) :)

i prefer stainless steel, too, jada, but i haven't yet had to buy any appliances (still living at home), and my mom's paranoid she'd have to clean stainless steel more, so we never get it. (though i've heard they have a special coating on the stuff now so it doesn't get fingerprints really.) oh well, when i make my first million, i'll have stainless steel appliances in the guesthouse. ;)

congrats to you, too, chewie. you thinking of getting a new job? how dare they not give you a $90 an hour raise. :p ;)
  11. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    great thread jess...
    Hmmm...new with me? Well I am currently bored. Always bored. My saying in high school was always "I'm bored", well that and "groovy marcia", but that's another story...of a lovely lady...anyways...

Smart idea on the guy thing. Too many people are together for the wrong reasons. Or don't break up because they think they can't find someone else. There is someone for everyone. Have faith.

Lately I am spending WAY too much time online. Posting, iming, downloading, etc. I SHOULD be doing other things but I am trying to distract myself I guess...

I've just been feeling really crappy lately. I wore myself out at con, well actually before that. I've had a lot going on. My Aunt got sick again and then passed away. I was coordinating my mom, brother, dad & gf, etc. all for the services since it was in my area. I had people crashing at my place, it was just busy and stressful. Then next week was Disneyland and Con, and I just haven't been eating and sleeping much. So stressful. Now I have a cold too. Bah. :p

And then to top it off, this ex of mine has been calling me. YUK. ARGH. GAG. I haven't seen him or talked to him for like 5 years and when we last talked, I TOLD him not to call me ever again. Apparently "ever" means 5 years. Good to know. I don't even know HOW he knew I moved down here. I asked my parents but they denied giving anyone my number. He left a message, but he KEEPS calling back. (I have called id, thank god.)
    He's a mistake I made a long time ago that I THOUGHT was in the past. Basically it's a long, interesting story that is pm worthy, but not board worthy. But it's creeping me out that he KEEPS calling. The LAST thing I want to do is have to call him and tell him to STOP calling me. I was hoping he'd get the hint. drat.

**BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT STALKERS, DON'T WE** :p
  12. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Princess That's why I have an imposing temper and a 6-1/2 foot brother for... Keeping those "mistakes" at bay :p We should commiserate sometime ;)
  13. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yeah, my well my brother is 6'1...I think :p
    But he lives in San Diego and this ex moved back to OR. But I know he'd get pissed if I told him. He's pretty protective of his sisters :D Aren't little brothers great :)
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    And isn't it funny that you still get to introduce them as your "little" brother [face_laugh]

Mine actually pretzled a guy to his car one time when he followed me to my parent's house (and my brother was only 16 at the time! :eek: )

I found out about it later, from the youngest brother... Little brothers grow up to be pretty okay guys ;)

Oh!!! My other new thing (to get back on topic - sorry JT) My godson made it into the American Legion Finals for Colorado Baseball!!!!! He looks so cute in that uniform [face_love] (And man does he hate it when Aunt Jenner says stuff like that :D [face_mischief] )
  15. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    sorry to hear about your aunt, princess. :( i've been going through similar stuff to that recently, i've just been in denial about it, really. and i can't change things like that, so i try not to dwell on it, you know? whatever happens i guess happens for a reason, good or bad.

my congrats to your godson, zoo. is it just me or is baseball really big in colorado? when i lived there it seemed like the only sports we cared about were baseball and hockey.

as for the creepy ex-boyfriend thing, i've been pretty lucky. as far as i can tell, i'm on good terms with all my exes (not that i've really had many), and currently every one of them lives out of state. who knows how long that'll last though. ;)

i got sick from all the vacationing last week, too. who wants to cook us cute, sick slytherin girls some chicken soup? hmm? ;)

i had a feeling there was a lot going on that no one was bothering to talk about on the boards. glad i made this thread, this stuff's pretty interesting. :)
  16. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Baseball is big wherever you lots of medium size towns (easier to fit 9 guys on a diamond than fill out a football team) Plus you can throw up a diamond anywhere pretty cheap and the equipment won't break the bank of a poor farming family.

Wrestling is big in the mountains, fewer people, plus it's an indoor sport

Hockey, well that's something you find a lot of in the midwest mostly (and Colorado borders that so they have a similar mentality - must be all those transplants from NE & KS ;) )

Hey JT do I remember correctly you're saying that you might be coming back this way?
  17. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    As a VERY cool birthday present, my wife got us a table at Friday FrontRow for the Diamondbacks this Saturday. Play Ball!
  18. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I went to school with Ben Petrick. I think he may still be playing for the Rockies???

--Ok I went to look it up and see if he still was on the team and I found a site about him. WEIRD!

Ben Petrick

19. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What's new?

What isn't? My life is basically completely 180 degrees different from where I was a year ago. I'm not complaining. :D

Much more to come, hopefully. ;)
  20. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    i don't know if i need reply to this thread, as i talk to you on a regular basis, jess <3

as for the rest of youse...i'm still bumming around in california, waiting for this $%*# heat to pass and make way for winter. kids are back to school and the fall semester is upon us. i've decided to pursue my japanese studies and registered for a bunch of language classes. i've also re-registered for acting, meaning i'll be auditioning for loads more plays for the winter.

as for jobs...i'm currently being considered for a great graphic design position, as for my current job at pizza hut, BLEH! so many disgusting things going on at that store, i've now become a whistleblower. i just hope employees who get fired from my tattling don't get revenge on me and blow up my house while i'm asleep! :)

anywho, love is great, stuff is great. anyone who needs me can STILL find me on aim... sn: aerosoulgraphix, or you can read my blog if you dare wallow through such profanity. but hey, it's venting.

i can't wait to see you all again. i know you've probably been bored out of your skulls since i'd left ;]
  21. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, zoo, i might move back to fort collins at some point. or at least, that was the plan before my mom found out she's sick. so now we don't know what's going on. i personally would prefer to stay here in az, and i will if i can, but if she wants to go back and *can* go back, i think she should go, because she's miserable here. and it kind of makes everyone around her miserable, too. :\
  22. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    What's new? Let's see...

New position at work: the old, cliche same money, more work. But at least it's different work, and somehow less stress. ?[face_plain] Kinda nice.

I've been on a major creative kick (writing), which is cool because I was feeling a little, I don't know, stifled and lifeless for a long time.

Hmm... what else?

I bought some shoes yesterday. Does that count? :p
  23. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Buying shoes ALWAYS counts! :p A girl can never have enough shoes.

Just don't ask how many are in my closet and we'll be ok. ;) shhhhh
  24. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, shoes count. what kind of shoes did you get? and what have you been writing? i wrote a little thing the other day based on a really cool photograph i found, but true to form, no one's liked it as much as me, so i stopped showing it to people. ;P
  25. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    jenn and i are getting a new tv...

57" HDTV, for the new apt... :D
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.