main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What's next after The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ferus Olin, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    No one knows when The Clone Wars will end but what should GL go next with Star Wars on television. There is the Star Wars live action tv show sitting on the shelf but should there be another TV show set in other parts of the SW timeline aka The Old Republic, post Return of the Jedi, or maybe to an animated show set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back?

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    You answered your own question, buddy.

Legocloneguy22 likes this.
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    plenty of options really. Too Many to count.

4. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I'm over the Live Action show now. It'd be nice but I have no patience.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Shows like Detours aside or any other kiddie/joke/non canon tales, I would think that the LAS stories will either be adapted into a new animation, if the prospect of a live action format stays in limbo for too long, or that they will go backward to a "The Old Republic" era (which is fairly vague since it encompasses such a huge period). I would think that either the beginnings of the Sith and Jedi would be explored or the fall of the Sith Empire. If Lucas is not involved, then they might proceed into the post-ROTJ era, or plug in yet another Sith Empire in some untouched part of the timeline :rolleyes:

Legocloneguy22 likes this.
  6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Who knows, maybe they'll do Post-ROTJ and screw up all the canon for that too.

Legocloneguy22 and Anakin_Prime like this.
  7. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Part 3 of Lego Star Wars.

"Return of the Brick."

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

I think we will definitely get another Star Wars animated show in the style of TCW. When TCW is finished they will have such a huge amount of computer models of ships, characters and locations, It won’t be economically sensible to thrown all that away.

DM99 likes this.
  9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've said before that I'd love to see a Star Wars: The Galactic Civil War, Star Wars: Rebellion, or somesuch, in the vein of TCW (that is, an animated, weekly serial), featuring stories set in the years between ANH and TESB for any number of seasons, with an eventual progression in the character models leading to the months / year set between TESB and ROTJ.

I would love it, to be sure - and I want to see it one day (and I know, just from reading threads like this alone, that many folks would welcome the idea, too), but to the OP and the question "what's next?" I am not giving up on the 'Live Action Show'. Just from the bits of info that we've been given, far too many resources have been invested in the development of this project to justify its outright abandonment, and what's more, the Dark Times is an era rich in possibilities, deserving of on-screen exploration. I'm intrigued by the desription of its underworld environment, with a cast of characters functioning during the rise of the Galactic Empire - that's some potentially exciting stuff!

As an avowed Star Wars junkie, though, I imagine I'll welcome just about any project (whether it be Old Republic or otherwise) which aims to further George Lucas' version of events. While the footage I've seen of Detours had its moments which were damn funny (and I'm certain my daughter and I will enjoy watching), non-canon endeavors like this won't sate my appetite for the continuation of the saga I'm much more interested in seeing.

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Star Wars: The Dark Times (same animation style as The Clone Wars) I hope.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Live Action series more than likely

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I think Star Wars: 1313 might be a starter for the LAS.

13. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

I would love to see the Thrawn Trilogy adapted in an animated form.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    All this talk of a show set during the GCW and Thrawn campaign scare the living daylight out of me, to be honest. Do we really want Lucas and Filoni raping and pillaging these eras too?

15. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    A spin off Animation Series in TCW Style is more likely than the LAS. Its still just to expensive. A bad quality LAS with not state of the art effects would ruin Star Wars brand. Until 2015 there will be nothing new about LAS i guess. Its still some 50 hours of scripts which will be most likely changed dramatically in the near future.

16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Yes something like that, but it needs a better title.

"Resistance of the Republic" would be nice. Because there will be resistance against an empire, you can be sure about that. Way before the Rebell Alliance all the former CIS Worlds will give a hard fight to survive imperial dominance. Gisor Dellso still has a secret weapons factory on Mustafar. He can produce Millions of Droids after Order 66.

Dellso is Geonosian and survived Vaders killing of the CIS Leaders. He was not on mustafar when it happened.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Really think there will be another Star Wars movie, matter of fact I'm betting there will be. Too much money to be made in the franchise, give it after all the 3D releases and once they realize they didn't make anywhere near enough money on it - you'll see a Star Wars movie based off either Dark Empire or Shadows of the Empire. I give it 10 years at the most.

black_saber likes this.
  18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    As I may have said in other places, my own preference, if the cost of LAS just isn't coming down the way Lucasfilm would like it to, is to just take the LAS scripts and launch it as an animated series. With the budget he has in mind per episode I'm certain they could do a really good animation style that would do justice to the scripts that, so far, are just collecting dust on a shelf.

19. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Despite the negative reception regarding the first CW movie, and how much audiences enjoy watching the various arcs at Celebration and all, it'd be very fitting to have the last arc/episodes of the clone wars hit the big screen again in wide release... That would be oh so epic. For a show as large in scope as SW, it wouldn't seem fitting to end it on TV in my opinion. Wishful thinking :p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  20. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

If Lucas would not touch it would be fine, i would also like someone other then Filoni doing it.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    My preference would be for an Old Republic-era show. Perhaps I should be careful what I wish for, though; since that's the era that most interests me it is the era I know the most EU from, and clearly they don't think twice about directly contradicting EU.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't if this belongs here on this thread but i heard Sam Witwer expressed interesting in playing Galen Marek for the Live Action TV series

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If I recall, his interest in being Galen Marek was expressed in response to a question regarding would he reprise the role IF the character was in the show, which I think is highly, highly unlikely. I'd think that he'd probably jump at the opportunity to play any character, but as for Galen Marek, I doubt that's happening.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would like too see Underground run a few seasons and TCW style Old Republic series.

25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Gungan Style.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN and GeneralCIS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.