main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's Next for PS2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by cartographer, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cartographer

cartographer Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    I got a PS2 just before X-Mas and have nearly completed the Star Wars library. My question is what's coming next for PS2? In the new issue of Insider, LucasArts employees hint at some new projects. I was wondering if anyone had heard any rumors.

Thanks.

2. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, I haven't heard a thing about anything new for the PS2; what hasn't been released yet (KOTOR and SWG) is going to the Xbox, PC, and GC. :(

I'd love it if they'd make a decent Classic Trilogy based flight sim or Rogue Squadron-like shooter instead of peddling more Prequel crap.

3. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm not sure, either. It appears Galaxies is the biggest Star Wars product for the year in terms of hype and investment (Although KOTOR is higher on my list), and I have no clue what the future holds.

Outside of Star Wars (is there such a world :D), I am personally anticipating Devil May Cry 2, which hits at the end of January.

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>Well, I haven't heard a thing about anything new for the PS2; what hasn't been released yet (KOTOR and SWG) is going to the Xbox, PC, and GC.<<<

Huh?

KOTOR = Xbox & PC
    SWG = PC, Xbox and the PS2

The Gamecube isn't getting either of these titles. Why would you even think that Galaxies was going to the Cube? They have the worse online strategy of the three. Online gaming and the Cube is kind of a joke right now.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Well if your in the UK you've got Clone Wars to look forward too. I hate UK!

6. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, I (I'm gonna get pounced on for saying this) think that PS2 is the best of the 3 consoles (GC and X-Box being the other two).

Gamecube: Great graphics, small, not a lot of good games. The lack of good games is what disappointed me.

X-Box: Good graphics, quite a few good games, Massive console, bulky controls (hard for a small person to hold).

PS2: I don't see a problem with the graphics at all, I think they're great (not as good as the GC though), I think the control pad is great, and most of the games are great.

Why do so many people dis the PS2 here? In my area, the majority of teenagers think PS2 is the best, I'm surprised to say that very, very few poeple own a Gamecube.

7. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Seems the guy has never played FFX, or the Grand Thef Autos, or Devil May Cry and some of the fine first and second gen PS2 games that've come out. Seems to me this board is full of rabid Xbox aficionados....

...that or really desperate Microsoft salespersons pitching their product. ;)

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Why do so many people dis the PS2 here? In my area, the majority of teenagers think PS2 is the best, I'm surprised to say that very, very few poeple own a Gamecube.

Why do we even care what others think about the console/consoles we own? I refrained from buying a PS2 initially, strictly because nothing in the launch lineup caught my eye. I didn't care that Sony undercut the initial shipments, didn't care about anything, other than I didn't want it at the time. Time passed, and the Gamecube and Xbox were announced. Halo caught my eye, and nothing else......initially. MGS2 brought me close to getting a PS2, but then I saw it announced for Xbox (long before Substance was). I decided that the Xbox would be mine. I am more than happy with the Xbox. I own 8 games:

NHL2K3
    Halo
    JSRF
    Fuzion Frenzy
    FIFA World Cup 2002
    Splinter Cell
    Madden 2003
    NCAA 2003

Around September, though, I decided that I would pick up a PS2. My wife likes to play many of the platformer games that are of the goofy nature, Jak & Daxter-esque. She also likes Scooby Doo games, and the Hot Shots Golf series. I also like to play the GTA games (Although I don't think they're as godly as they get credit for). I also had to own my favorite PS2 title, Devil May Cry.

Just buy the console or consoles that you want, and don't worry about going around spouting off fanboy rhetoric about "M$ is a huge company that doesn't care about anything but $", or "Sony suxx", just live with your own purchase.

(Sorry for the long post :D)

9. Darth_Dork

Darth_Dork Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2002
    umm, to get back on topic..sorta..

I've heard nothing, but i think a lightsabre dueling game sort of like bushido blade or mortal kombat(with lightsabres) would be great!!! That is all.

10. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Everytime I see cartographer I think of blowing warthogs sky high on Halo :p

11. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [image=http://illusionpsyker.rodafrog.com/hi/hi/xbo9x.jpg]

Yes, the Xbox is such a massive console. How will I ever be able to fit it into my house? :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

12. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Funny pic. [face_laugh]

I've actually used an X-Box once, over a year ago, at a family friend's house. I utterly DESPISE the controller. THAT is way too big.

13. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I utterly DESPISE the controller. THAT is way too big.

The common complaint! I present to you, the 'S' Controller:

[image=http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/6C40E3E4-916F-4B8F-AD2A-606366E92445/0/ilmcontrollerS0001.jpg]

14. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Is that a new official controller?

15. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    It's the controler that comes with the Xbox bundle, I myself prefer the normal Xbox controler however.

And Baldy Bigger=Better ;)

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Each controller has its strengths and weaknesses for me. I have no problem with the size of either. I love the Dreamcast controller, and I see the Xbox one as a similar design. When I play Madden and NCAA football, I always use the standard controller. For every other game, I use the 'S' Controller. It's a personal taste thing, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.