What's on Your Bookshelf ?

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by crashdown, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    It's a much different book. The Locations book only covers areas shown in the films. It provides very well done graphics of city scapes, compounds, and buildings, with a lot of explanations of what you are looking at. And includes many cross-sections, including Ben's house and the cantina on Tatooine (in much greater detail then which has been done before). It also has a great foldout section of the ice compound on Hoth - I could look at that one section for hours at a time. It also has maps showing battle locations and advancement routes.

Many of the things shown in this book have been done in other Star Wars books but never to this extent or quality. I recommend that everyone go to your local book store and check it out.
  2. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    Borrowed State of War from my friend, although I havent started it yet. I have been busy. :)
  3. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey gang,

I just finished reading Dark Force Rising and coincidentally, my hold on Outbound Flight just came into the library.

Would you all say that I *need* to read The Last Command before reading Outbound Flight?

Looking forward to hearing the yays or nays....

-Kyle
  4. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I would say you dont really *need* to read The Last Command, but I would just to close that Awesome trilogy before starting on a new, er um duology with Outbound Flight/Survivor's Quest.
  5. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    I would read The Last Command first.
  6. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Trying to get my hands on a copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick, but being broke and having to deal with the added terror of sales tax, my search has been unfruitful.

I was also lent a copy of The Annotated Chronicles of the Dragonlance saga before I left, but I have yet to start it. Very forebodingly large book and it will probably be terribly written anyways. So instead I opted to begin William Gibson's Neuromancer, which has been very good so far.
  7. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Im reading the Ender's Shadow series right now.

Going to start the last book in the series soon.
  8. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ahhh, Powell's such a good book store. What? huh? Was I talking out loud again?!? Where are you Vengeance?

Hmmm, I used to have that book. I bought it in an airport while attending college...I wonder if it's still around.

-Kyle

9. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Powell's is indeed a happy place. =P~ Unfortunately I'm up in Seattle now, so no more Powell's for me. :_|

I've heard it's a pretty good book, and since I'm a big Blade Runner fan and the movie is based on that book, I figure I should get around to reading it. :D
  10. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's a quick read and a good book, but I think you should put quotes around "Based on"... ;)

-Kyle
  11. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Is there anything new that good out there. All my books are packed up ready to move. I am thinking of picking something up, but don't know what.
  12. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Huzzah for the ressurrected thread!

New stuff would be Bloodlines (a Boba Fett book by Karen Traviss)

Have you read either of the Republic Commando books? I just finished Hard Contact (which I thought rocked) and I am in the middle of reading Triple Zero now. Once I finish that, I'll be starting the Spectre Of The Past.

Hey, look at all of the Star Wars books out there and the titles seem like they are always about "Something of the Something" or "Blah from the Feh":
    Return of the Jedi
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    Labryinth of Evil
    Heir to the Empire
    Cloak of Deception
    Galaxy of Fear
    Legacy of the Jedi
    Shadows of the Empire

...or maybe I'm reading too much into this... [face_whistling]

-Kyle
  13. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I'm halfway thru Betrayl, and very much into Star Wars on Trial- a mock trial where authors are prosecuting and defending Star Wars. Very funny and interesting.
  14. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    I always wanted to get into Baba Fett books. Is Bloodlines a good one? What are some other Fett books/stories you would recommend?
  15. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    The only one I can recommend is the Boba Fett story in Tales Of The Bounty Hunters. Sorry....:-B
  16. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Recently, I have found that my wife's infulence is taking hold...the Harry Potter books have captured my reading time of late...quite interesting, actually. I thought they would be lame, and have little or no substance...however I have found that they are quite captivating...OK, should I be embarassed now?[face_blush]
  17. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    I read the efirst HP book. It was pretty good, but to be honest, I really only pictured the settings and the character from the film so I haven't read any more of them. I'm sure some day I'll read those, but right now I'm ankle deep in "must read" SW books...

-Kyle
  18. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Yesterday I picked up a copy of the 1976 version of "Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker", the original Star Wars book. Not a most collectable copy but it is a hard back and still has the original cover. What's fun is the cover has an introduction of the main charaters; including Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, and "Chewbacca the Pirate and his human companion Han Solo"......."his human companion Han Solo". Han is billed as Chewbacca's side kick.....I Love It.[face_laugh]
  19. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    I just got "The Complete Visual Dictionary of Star Wars" this weekend.....VERY COOL !!
  20. PDX_TwiChick Jedi Knight

[face_hypnotized]

Wow. I own no Star Wars books at the moment. My bookshelves are filled with Pagan Books and Horror stuff.

*sigh*
  21. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Currently reading Betrayl, then on to Bloodlines of the Legacy Series. Have to hurry though, T Zahn's new book comes out end of this month, plus he's signing at Powells Books in Beaverton, wed 31st 6-9pm. I'm there as Solo.
  22. Quick2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Complete Visual Dictionary of Star Wars,and dressing the galaxy, all kinds of behind the scenes star wars books ..etc etc...
  23. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just pickeed up the new Darth Bane book from the library. Hey, PDX_TwiChick, the Multnomah County Library has a TON of Star Wars books. That's where 90% of my reading material comes from...

-Kyle
  24. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Hay Kyle,

Have you started reading Darth Bane yet? Is it any good? I was thinking about checking it out. I've been hoping that they would stark writing more Old Republic books.
  25. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I've read Darth Bane and it is very good. Lots of Sith stuff. Hope they make more Old Republic stories.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.