main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats on your list to buy at C3?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Volter19, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volter19

Volter19 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Hopefully I can get some good deals in the dealer area. Im trying to find (among other things):
    12" Count Dooku
    12" Greedo
    AOTC Unleashed Anakin
    AT-TE gunner

2. Ewok_Commando

Ewok_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    I wouldn't expect good deals-- most of the dealers at C3 are going to be the same ones that do the price gouging on eBay.

At best, you'll still have to pay their ridiculous prices, but won't have to worry about shipping.

3. Volter19

Volter19 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Hmmm. I remember getting some good deals at Wizard World Chicago last year. I doubt it would be TOO different.

4. darthdanicus

darthdanicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Just make sure you buy that sweet new talking Vader figure they are going to have there. Man I wish I was going to C3 to pick one up. I'm sure they will be jacked up $$$$ on eBay the very next day.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yep, C2 was definitely a sellers' market. I imagine C3 will be the same. I had grand intentions of buying lots of stuff at C2 and after I saw the prices, decided to stick with ebay, because the prices were better. There will obviously be the exception to the rule and of course the exclusive C3 stuff, but overall, everything was way overpriced last time.

6. Ewok_Commando

Ewok_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    I plan on focusing on artwork at C3. I got a fantastic Dave Dorman print last time that he signed and drew a sketch of Yoda on for me. I couldn't believe he was doing sketch requests for people. That to me is worth a higher price, because you get something really memorable in addition to a great art print.

Figure-wise, I imagine I'll be spending at least $35 on a Stormtrooper Unleashed, though I will probably throw up in my mouth when I actually fork over the cash. The only other figure I'm interested in picking up is a CW Animated Yoda, which I'll also probably have to pay a premium for.

I don't care about any of the C3 exclusives, as I'm only going to be there on Friday. The C3 store will be completely scoured of any exclusives by Thursday night. In fact, if it's anything like C2, you'll see the C3 exclusive figures on the trade floor for sale at a 1000% markup my Thursday afternoon.

7. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm definitely gonna get that talking Vader figure!! Right now, I don't really plan to buy from the vendors, though I will look. ;)

I'll most likely just hit the C3 store for all my stuff. :D

8. Darth-Flan

Darth-Flan Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Is there a list of what the vendors will be offering as exclusives at C3?

9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    SW.com has a pdf of some exclusives.

10. Darth_Fenix

Darth_Fenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Just how fast do you think the CIII Darth Vader will sell out? I am going to be going to CIII on Sunday because it's the only day that I could get off work :(

11. Darth-Flan

Darth-Flan Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Darth Fenix....They will allot a certain number of them per day. So you will have as good a chance to get one on Sunday as you would have on Thurs or Fri. Just get there early in the day ;)

12. Darth_Fenix

Darth_Fenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I was a little worried that I was going to have to pay HIGH dollar for one off of ebay :( Good to know I can still get one :D

13. swingbelly

swingbelly Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    I live about 50 miles east of Indy....and the only day i can go is on Saturday, so I ran up to Indy to get my ticket for Sat. so I can go stand in line early to see Lucas (I'm a dork), ANYWAY, the C3 store was already closed at noon! So if you want something go early. I have a feeling while I'm in line for Lucas I am going to miss the Vader exclusive.
    What was on the 1 day badges for for the different days? I know Saturday is Yoda. Would love to have a full set of each day plus the 4 day pass.

14. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    My wife and I went Thursday. What a crock!! We weren't even in the door and DOZENS of guys were walking out with CASES of the Vader figure!! I was extremely ticked off. Yes, the Celebration Store was closed all day because they had several thousand people in the store and they thought it would be 8:00PM before they got everyone checked out. We went there planning on spending at least a couple of hundred and I spent a total of $25 on 5 minbust at Gentle Giant.

I'm telling you I saw a ton of people carrying cases of the Vader (10 per case) and cases of the protector(50 per case). I have no idea how since there was SUPPOSED to be a limit. It was pretty aggravating to watch.

DON'T buy them on E-Bay though because Hasbro said they'd be offering them online!!!!

By the way, we went to complain about the utter chaos that was day one and they gave us a full refund for the day. We didn't even ASK for a refund, they just offered. $70 and they didn't take the badges so we kept walking around. I think they knew they had quite a problem.

Seriously, if you can't make it you aren't missing much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.