main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Just curious to see how diverse this crowd really is. I dont want people to try to think of their favorite- or a CD that "best represents you & your life"-- I just want to know whats in there NOW. If your a big metal head & youve got Barry Manilo goin- fess up. If youve got a multi CD changer--name em off!!
    I have the AOTC soundtrack going alot now, but Im looking for something we know we dont already have in common.so- my last one before that was----

Thin Lizzy---Dedication (greatest hits)

2. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yesterday i had the AOTC soundtrack in...

but today...

Journey's Greatest Hits

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    T-RIDE, Motley crue, and Slaughter!

QGD, you shock me, Journey?

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    We did this once before, but it's been so long ago that it would be nice to see what the new people want to put in.

I am probably one of the more eclectic audiophiles in the group. So here it goes.

Diana Krall
    Dorsey Brothers
    Jim & Jesse
    Ralph Stanley
    Uncle Joe & Rose Maphis
    Bela Fleck
    Lyle Lovett
    BNL
    Alison Krauss & Union Station
    The Judds (Big Time Wynonna Fan)
    Barbara Mandrell
    Loretta Lynn
    Patsy Cline
    Jim Reeves
    Tennessee Ernie Ford
    k.d. Lang
    Dolly Parton
    Eagles
    Alabama
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Lynard Skynard
    Doobie Brothers
    Chicago
    Jackson Browne
    Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
    Hot Rise
    Poco
    Night Ranger
    Marillion
    Damn Yankees
    Dweezil Zappa
    Siobian N'Orione (shivan orion)
    Maura O'Connell
    Caipercaille
    Ani DiFranco
    Wilco
    Lucinda Williams
    Train
    Five for Fighting
    Rusted Root
    Linda Ronstadt
    Brahms
    Mozart
    Tchaichovsky
    Strauss
    Handel
    Verdi
    Wagner
    Lisa Loeb
    Melissa Etheridge
    Michael Penn
    Verve Pipe
    No Doubt
    Cranberries
    Falco
    Moving Pictures
    Van Halen (the old stuff)
    Jimmy Buffet
    Jimmy Eat World (come one they're an eighties band they got stuck in time)
    Dr. John
    Sarah Vaughn
    Billie Holiday
    Rosemary Clooney
    Byrds of Prey (sorry, I had to include my own band, ahh youth)

I could always finish cataloging my cd's/tapes/albums and just show you the list. I am not ruled by one style, if anything I am a victim of my varied tastes.

5. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    Holy Somkes ZOO- you have that many in now? you must have one of those 100 players. Can you narrow it down to the most recent song? ---& question--does Jimmy eat world do "sweetness" ? i think its got--"im spinnin free, whoaoaoaooohhh, & the sweetness will not be concerned with me" or somethin like that..

That Journey surprised me too even though I dont know QGD but thats why i did this. I havent listened to that in awhile & Im bummed cause my wife has it with her today & i want to hear it now! Theatre of Pain is now on deck.-SC, which Crue album are you listening to ?

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    she has the good one with john corobi , that one is allways in our player .

in mine i have
    t-ride
    shotgun massiah
    motley(see above)
    rob zombie
    slaughter (revolution)
    freak of nature
    aerosmith(JUST PUSH PLAY)
    babalon ad
    hardline
    the cult(beyond good and evil)
    the cult (sonic temple)
    episode 1 sound track
    and few more that i cant remember

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Oh sorry, I thought you were just looking for an idea of what people listen to. Right now I have Spinner.com playing, the Crooners Station. CD Player in my room has Sarah Vaughn, Stormy Weather (live concert w/ mulitple female performers) and Rosemary Clooney's Mothers & Daughters. The deck in my car has No Doubt's Rocky Steady. The one at work has a BNL MP3 disk full of bootleg live stuff. And the one in my living room has The Star Wars Box set.

'K

8. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    Who own CD's anymore? I transferred my collection to MP3's and never looked back. I keep about 10 cd's of MP3s as backup and for my discman mp3 player. But other than that, it is pure digital baby! If you must know, I have an acoustic playlist going right now. Some Seal, DMB, Big Head Todd, the Samples, and a few from Sister Hazel. God, I love MP3s.

9. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    My mom always tells me I have a very eclectic taste in music. So now I just burn my own CD's, and I listen to those. Right now I'm listening to the Hero song from Spidey. My latest CD has everything from Tina Turner to Outkast, India Aire, Dirty Vengas (Eclipse commercial), and even the Roxanne song from Moulin Rouge!

EDIT: LB, I also like Seal (esp Kiss from a Rose), DMB, and Sister Hazel. I'm a big acoustic fan too!

*SB*

10. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    ok I will kick the arse of the first person to make fun of me. but yes I have elton johns great's hits in the cd player. :p

and while we are talking about music when did 99.5 the hawk become 99.5 the mountain?I fliped over there the other day and was like WHAT?

11. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    as a wise man once said "music is music, if you like it good, don't worry about what i'm listening to because if you don't like it, go @#$% yourself"

lmao I have to go with LB with MP3's, I have over 500 albums on my PC. Right now, I have the best of all 3 Creed albums playing.

Yesterday All day in the car I alternated between

DJ Tiesto - In Search Of Sunrise
    and
    Matt Darey - Ibiza Euphoria I

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    dang zoo, you got a big cd changer...

In my cd player right now at home is Live, Throwing Copper. Before that it was Disturbed, The Sickness(?). Before that it was Dave Matthews Band (the latest one).

13. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Ill have to say Now 9 and Linkin Park

(my music changes with my mood...alot....) :D

14. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    journey is so cool...

ive loved the song "dont stop believin" since i was like 4 and had the Journey escape video game for the atari and thats what the background music sounded like...

my fave band is dave, i have like 15 cds of just dave music... i love u2 and linkin park and bnl and green day and blink and journey... i have lots of mixes too, right now i have Journey Arrival in my cd player, the one that came out like a year ago with a new lead singer (who ironically used to be critized for sounding like a steve perry rip off or something) and they have a cool song on there...

elton aint bad, i just cant stand that "im still standing" song at all, they play it at work all the time and the video was so stupid and disturbing for me...

15. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I actually own that journey greatest hits album...

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    What I'm playing the most right now:

XTC "Upsy Daisy Collection"
    Fantasia 200 Soundtrack
    The Producers soundtrack
    Lucky Boys
    Sam and Dave's Greatest Hits
    Sugar "File Under: Easy Listening"

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I use my cd player as a coke holder ;)

Umm... but lately I don't listen to the radio when I'm on the net. It interferes with my writing.

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Music is a big part of my life. I have to have it around me at all times. The only time it's not on is when I'm playing card games, reading, or watching TV. Otherwise it's gotta be on and around me 24/7. Music really inspires my writing and shapes moods. It's essential to life. I would hate to be deaf.

19. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    same here JO- being deaf would be torture- tha reminds me of that scene in Mr Hollands Opus when hes talkin about Beethoven & how he would saw the legs off his piano, and so on... Ive actually been listening to alot of classical lately. I used to be kind of a metal head but now classical & stuff like DMB can get my blood flowing like only Entombed used to. QGD have you seen Dave in concert ? amazing. -my wife is a DMB freak so I hear them alot. Carter Beauford (sp?)is one of my drummer idols. unbelievable.
    Im glad i asked this-Ive got ideas from just about every post so my playlist is full for a while. Thanks guys!
    Keep em comin too! sharing music with other people is a great thing.

20. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    DMB is great. I like listening to 'em. I'm in a NIN mood so I'm listening to their "Closer To God" cd lol The Remixes are always better than the real thing. My girlfriend likes Country and chick bands like Stevie Nicks, etc. Whatever floats her boat. I'm listening to something I haven't listened to since I was sitting around like a bum for 6mo. waking up at 1pm every day lol ahhh memories. The Irony of it all is that it's what I'm probably going to be doing for a while lol so might as well listen to it. But I had my computer programmed to blast it at a certain time to wake me up lol it's SLOW COUNTRY by Gorillaz

21. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    oooo, stevie nicks- another good one.-which leads me to fleetwood mack & some lindsay buchingham solo stuff too. Cool!

JO- do you have "further down the spiral"- i dig that one

22. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    At this precise moment I'm listening to Going Somewhere, an acoustic album by Colin Hay (for you '80s fans out there, he used to be the lead singer of Men at Work). Other favorites are 16 Horsepower, Peter Murphy, Oingo Boingo, and the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Thank God, I thought I was the last person on earth who actually still likes Oingo Boingo (other than one of the DJ's @ KBCO). Denny Elfman is amazing!

24. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I know what you mean, we have like 3 Oingo CD's in our CD player (it holds 26 or so) and our friends look at us and say "who is this?" we tell them and there like "your wierd!" What's wrong with oingo?

Some other things I like to listen to, Stevie Nicks is a Godess! Berlin, Heart (they rule!) Steve Ray Vahn, Eric Clapton, Queen, Poision, OMD, Enigma, Vain, Aerosmith.

Hey Chunk aka TK, I have a tribute album Elton Johns Greatist Hits, Bon Jovi does Levon, Tina Turner does the B---- is back, it's real!

25. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I have all the NIN albums, except the new live one [face_mischief]