main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I pretty much only listen to music on the radio when i'm driving.

On those rare occasions that I actually do put a cd in my player at home, it's usually Bob Seger or Eric Clapton.

2. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    WELL I used to jam NIN all the time but as you have said music reflect/changes your personality and well.I got tired of being down and dark hearted.
    cread is playing now.and before that was MADONA and then the new EMINEM . got that last night at media play and well its a great CD so far.

3. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    well I picked up arch allies lastnight which is a double live CD of REO speedwagon and STYX its good but not the best I have herd from either band.I also picked up twizteds mirror mirror and it was a bit of a disapointment ,but I have been listening to them this morning. kind of of a weird combo classic 80's rock and rapers singing about being evil zombies and other dark things oh well.

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    today i have: Mighty Mighty Bosstones-lets face it, & Pantera-far beyond driven. its a nice balance. Kinda like Deicide & Enya would be, but not so extreme.

5. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    man what a live show that would make.
    talk about a calm before the storm.

6. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Now I'm listening to HOARSE, the new live album by 16 Horsepower. The cool thing is, the album was recorded at the Bluebird Theater in Denver, and I was actually at the show. Not that big a deal since they are primarily a local band, but I still think it's pretty neat.

7. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    i know what you mean CW i have a live pantera album & a portion of it was recorded at red rocks at a show i attended. it was a show with sepultura & i think they have part of it on their home video. what a show. I love stuff like that. My wife is still kicking herself for missing the DMB show at red rocks that went on to become a live album. anybody see the Ozzy show from the live & loud CD at red rocks? i think it was the "no more tours" tour. yeah, him & KISS should hang out & do a "ok, were really going this time" tour. not that i want to see them go-after all- "rock & roll is my religion & my law"

8. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    I know I was at the slayer show when they taped for decade of agresion live.

9. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    no way!!!! SWEET!!!!!! ive beaten that set to hell i listened to it so much. or should i say...ive beaten it "south of heaven". i finally got to see them at the Mammoth(what is it now?)a few years back-- great show. isnt that kerry king in the new sum41 video for spider man? wheres the big nail armband Kerry ?! & do you know who their drummer is now ? i lost track

10. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    the last time i saw them was at the mamoth they came with fear factory and kilgor. it was crazy this guy neil had never seen them before and was all jacked I told him soon as the light's go out you better start moving or else you'll be sorry . he told me he had seen sepultura and that slayer couldn't compare after he picked his butt up off the ground and whiped the nike print off his face from the crowed surfer he understood, then my other buddy lost his shoe in the pit then I see his shoe go flying across the arena and there was this very well indoweDD girl in the pit with no shirt or bra on it was crazy my buddy lance ran up to her did a quick squeeze gave her the thumbs up and ran off in to the pit. I was laughing so hard I almost died.

11. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    LMAO- damn thats hilarious. i think thats the show i was at. I remember seeing Fear Factory, but not the others. biohazard was there too- maybe it was a different show.. i dont remember the girl- sorry i missed that-- im still laughing.

12. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    yea I laughed for a week.

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Right now I have Joni Mitchell Court & Spark playing on the laptop.

Speaking of combos - Lisa Loeb & Dweezil Zappa (started out on a tour and now they are a team in & out of the studio).

14. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    right now im listening to L.A. Guns "man on the moon" and Night Ranger "feeding off the mojo" . i like the night ranger cos its not all wussed out . its when they were a three piece , it really rocks .

15. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    trisha yearwood is rocking the mic right now with her hit "she's in love with the boy". and not that it does anygood to say but its not mine.

16. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    thanks TK1305, i just got home & put in slayer-DOA disc 2 & the memories are hitting me like tidal waves. i can feel the aggression flowing from my speakers just like when i was 16.

jeez, no wonder i hated everyone.

i better put Sade on stand by.

17. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    GOD BLESS METAL

and ge so glade that savage garden is jammin right now. but pam likes it so oh well.

18. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    amen brother, amen

i dont listen to it as much as i used to & i miss it sometimes, i just have to ration it in small doses. it really does affect my moods. i always thought my folks were full of it, but these tunes kick in the adrenaline big time."the final swing is not a drill, its how many people..." damn.

19. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    ah and back to STYX .

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    What's wrong w/ Trisha Yearwood? I have all but the last two albums. I got fed up w/ Country Radio and the studios, so I've scaled back my interests. Thank God for Spinner, finally I can listen to whatever I want to on the radio.

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm getting ready to pop in BNL Bootlegs, this hockey game is getting depressing. . .

22. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    can you picture me listening to it.

23. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    right now alternating b/w greatest hits of Depeche Mode and Goldfrapp and can't believe I'm admitting this but George Michael

[face_shocked]

what can I say I used have a crush on him and I am in a retro mood

later

24. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Dubious Distinction -

My first concert was the Cyndi Lauper show in the Houston Astrodome where they shot her video for "Money Changes Everything" in 1983.

25. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    I think I may have you beat for stupidest first concert -- mine was Weird Al Yankovic, probably in 1985 or so.

In addition to the aforementioned 16 Horsepower show, I was at a Skinny Puppy show years ago where they taped a live single. I think it ended up as a bonus track on a CD single, but I can't remember which.