main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, it was either that or WoodRock. But that sounds too much like a suburb or some dippy town on the Flintstones.

2. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Now that I think of it, MetalStock has a great ring to it. Cliff died in September of '86, but he was certainly present in spirit. I didn't think Slayer had a new full-time drummer yet. Since Paul Bostaph left last December, I thought that original drummer Dave Lombardo was filling in until a new drummer was hired. Couldn't say for certain though, thrash was never really my scene.

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    yeah, thats what i thought (about cliff). youre well informed considering it wasnt your scene. sith_slayer--i guess the name threw me off. i didnt know lombardo was back, even as a fill in. i thought it was a nasty split. i saw them with Bostaph, he screwed up a couple times & the other guys looked like they wanted to kill him.

"stay on target"
    ok-back to whats playing- what are you listening to RIGHT NOW ?

4. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Right this very second, I've got the AOTC soundtrack jammin'. I can usually get through it about 6 times throughout the day on my PC. It makes for nice background music. In the car CD changer, I've been playing the Moulin Rouge soundtrack a lot. I absolutely loved that movie. Baz Luhrman is a visual genius. Come What May is just a great song, and the way it was used in the movie-perfect. It was definitely a good call to leave it out of Romeo & Juliet.

5. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    At the moment I'm listening to Love Hysteria, Peter Murphy's second album and one of the all time greatest albums ever recorded. It came out in 1988 and I'm still not sick of listening to it.

My most memorable concerts from the '80s were probably Peter Murphy at the Paramount Theatre and Love & Rockets at Red Rocks. I also saw Sting ar Fiddler's Green in 1988 or '89, but I seem to remember that I didn't enjoy it very much.

From the '90s, I used to go to a lot of industrial shows at the Gothic -- Nine Inch Nails (back when they were obscure), Ministry, Skinny Puppy, etc. More recently my musical tastes have mellowed a bit. The last few concerts I went to were Tom Waits, Soul Coughing, 16 Horsepower, and Dick Dale.

6. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    right now deftones are pumping out the jams and next up on deck is LIFE OF AGONY the best band to come out of the New York hard core sceen.I have yet to find some body that has never herd them before not like them.

7. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    i remember them- i saw them open for sepultura, cannibal corpse & sacred reich. that was at least 10 yrs ago.

8. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    you like sepultura eh?
    what about nailbomb or soul fly?

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    You guys are just makin' these names up, right?

10. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    "it feels good to be a punk loser"- yeah i have a nailbomb CD & the first soulfly (no these names are real SS- even cannibal corpse) but i cant get into Seputura any more. i mean, how do you kick your own brother out of a band that you started WITH HIM when you were like 13! yeah, its all glorias fault- whatever. i got the first album with the new singer, but that was it.
    Eye for an eye- was he pissed or what? is mike butler a guitar player in soulfly now?

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Right now I've got Oh, Brother Where Art Thou (SNDTRK). And I'm going to out on a limb and say that there are some serious metal heads in this group.

12. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    yea what a crock of.
    I'm not sure who the new guitarist is but logan madder tore it up. he got kicked out of machine head for touring with max.
    shame cause machine head was cool until, and same with the new sepultura its just not the same.

13. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    What a diverse groupe we have at the RMFF....

PZ is jammin to Bluegrass and TK and company are down in the mosh pit!

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, you knew what that album was, let's see if you can guess this one.

Corey Hart

15. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    No clue PZ.

Only reason i knew about the Where Arent Though CD is cause my fiances nutty couisn played a song off of it at her grandpas funeral. I think it was I'll Fly Way, maybe its on there maybe not. Everyone was looking around wondering who the hell had picked a Blugrass song to play at his funeral. Needless to say her grandpa was not a bluegrass fan!

I havent even seen the movie! ;)

16. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    ZOO- do you wear sunglasses at night ? & do you never surrender ?

i dont know his album name(s?)- but are we thinkin of the same guy ?

17. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    CDDB is a great tool. I've been able to keep up with most of this conversation with a little help from Amazon.
    I'm not going to listen to any of y'all's crummy music, but the cd cases are nice.
    ;P

18. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    whats CDDB ? & what do you listen too?

19. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Right now I'm listening to my MP3's, Boom Boom Boom by Rob Jackson at the moment...

*SB*

20. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    listening to Daz Dillinger - Who Ride Wit Us Vol 1. Disc 2 lmao

listening to the track "Put Tha Monkey In It" featuring Soopafly

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Good catch AHPR. Have you ever tried to listen to Sunglasses at Night w/ headphones? It's bad enough on a good day, but never ever do it while under the influence of anything, it'll mess you up big time.

22. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    ZOO-i actually heard never surrender on the radio yesterday for the first time in forever & then you asked about him- weird. i got some great ideas yesterday so, today Im listening to--
    -Sepultura: Beneath the Remains
    -Machine Head:The more things change...
    & to offset those, -
    -Mazzy Star:So tonight that i might see
    -Enya:paint the sky with stars

"im so confused"

23. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    LET FREEDOM RING WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST

Sorry I was thinking of burn my eyes. but good call I'm jaming it right now. machine head is such a powerfull band,

24. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    damn right they are. song 9 on 'more things change'- y'know the one that starts out with the dentist drill ? -one of the most "swingin" beats Ive heard in a metal tune. beneath the remains kinda cracks me up sometimes. maxs english wasnt that good yet i guess- i think they were still having alot of help translating "liberty is a dream, but it also is real" what?! & he makes mass hypnosis sound like mass hippie-nosis. too funny.what a great lead break in that song though- andreas rules!

25. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Okay, now I'm going to try to dazzle everyone with the obscurity of my musical tastes. Right now I'm listening to Shriekback, a band that was obscure even in the '80s when they were current. The album is called Oil and Gold, and it's a great album. Lots of references to British comic books in the songs. Has anyone here even heard of Shriekback before?