main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Nope, can't say that Shriekback has ever populated my listening tastes. Oh by the way, post #100 in this topic.

Woo hoo.

2. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Shriekback ? nope-me neither.

3. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    and body care for some mushroomhead?

4. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    hhm what to play next? oooooooh I know. some KMFDM havent played it in a long time.

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Was listening to the Best of Sweet earlier.

Ohhhhhh yeah!

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Rickie Lee Jones at the moment. Can you tell I like to listen to female artists? And they say women don't buy albums by female artists, great research, huh?

7. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Neil Young - Harvest Moon
    Nina Gordon - Tonight......
    Alison Moyet - Singles
    KD Lang - Ingenue
    Neil Young - Unplugged
    .....last but not least
    The J. Geils Band - Love Stinks (do you have any idea how hard it was to find this CD?.....altho, I did talk to one guy who had an unopened 8 track ! )

Who out there has ever actually owned/listened to an 8 track?.....talk about showing your age.......
    Ep II soundtrack is in the truck :)

8. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    hey, alison moyet--good one! ill put that in......it was Yaz, right? the group she was in?

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I had quite a few 8 tracks actually.

Not proud of it.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Technically I still have some. I friend of mine transfered all of old 8-Tracks to cassette a few years ago, but until then I was still listening to them.

Right now I've got this MP3 disk I put together w/ a ton of Ani DiFranco stuff, mostly live and live bootleg. I really got hooked on her stuff by accident. I was going to this concert where she was the opening act w/ a friend and I hadn't heard anything by her & said so, her promoter handed me a disk and so I popped it into the car deck when I was waiting and really liked it (my friend was a sound engineer).

11. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    Nope I never had an 8 track of kiss or of sha na na na

12. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    hey mike . i heard tim skold from shotgun massiah was playing bass for KMFDM . i havent really heard any of their stuff before .

13. TK1305

May 22, 2002
    looks like we might be getting a new computer in the future so my play list will be bigger soon. disk burnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so burnerrrrrrrrrrrr yea for me. I dont understand the computer mumbo jumbo is 1.2giga somethings fast?the guy at the store said its fast. but hell I dont trust a sales man any more then I trust jawas.

14. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    anything over 1ghz is fast enough for the average computer user... though ram also determines how smooth your computer runs...

i spent 350 bucks on a new cd deck that can play mp3s off cds (and other cool stuff) so now i can make cds with 150-200 songs on a single disc, so now i can have all my dave matthews cds on one cd, all the beatles on another, u2 on a different one... it will really help me cut down on my cd case, which is full at the moment...

15. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    in my car today i was listening to Def Leppard--Hysteria. what a classic. its like a greatest hits album all by itself.

16. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Right now I'm alternating between the Kinks, You Really Got Me and Information Society Pure Energy

*SB*

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Those are both good ones SB, I'm listening to Bullet Boys, Freak Show, which sounds perfect for this group. hahahahah :)

18. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    While I'm online I'm listening to my MP3 player which I have on a mix of pop/rock music dating from the 60's to current hits. The current track is Sparkling Diamonds from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

19. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    That's a good soundtrack. My favs are the CanCan, Rhythm of the Night (both used as pom songs) and especially Roxanne.

*SB*

20. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I know, I picked it up to get Lady Marmalade but I like the whole thing which doesn.t always happen.

21. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Had 8-tracks of Edgar Winter, Kiss, Jethro Tull, Journey......you name it.

And oh yes - I did, at one time, own the 8-track of Star Wars. No ****. I recently found it in cassette. It's the ANH story, with some dialoge, sound effects and stuff. Comes with a little blue booklet of pictures, R2 & 3PO on the cover. I must have listened to that thing at least 3 times a day for well over a year.

Yeah. That's about enough embarrassing of myself today. I'm gonna go home now, and I'm taking my 8-tracks with me.

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    You had 8 tracks, I worked at a record store for many years, and D.J.'s use to ask my young clerks for records, and they would say "What's that?" I would hate for someone to ask for 8 tracks, I might be there all day trying to explain that one.

23. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    The Lion King Soundtrack. I just went to see the play. [face_shocked] IT WAS FRIGGEN AWESOME!!!

*SB*

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Been thinking of the past, so I threw in an old mix, mostly very obscure country artists.

25. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    I felt like listening to musicals esp when I am cleaning and/or picking up the house so musicals really motivate me. all day in heavy rotation the following:

Evita- Madonna version
    Moulin Rouge- sdtrks 1 and 2
    Rocky Horror Picture Show- he he eh he
    like men in stilettos and stockings
    Phatom of the Opera= its a classic
    and
    Buffy:The Musical episode "Once more with feeling"- really a great show and love Spike.

:D now its your turn

exits stage left