What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    How about DVD's, I'm watching Luc Besson's The Professional.
  2. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Das Boat at the moment, the director's 3 1/2 hour cut. Gotta love Wolfgang. I wonder if plans are still in the works for Professional 2? Early Natalie eh? I think I saw her plant on Naboo.
  3. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    There's been talk of doing that again lately, mostly centering on the idea of Natalie coming back as her character all grown up following in Leon's footsteps.
  4. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Hmmm...Natalie...grown up...kickin' @$$ & takin' names.
  5. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Last I heard they were thinking along those plot lines, but Luc Besson has said he will only do it w/ all of the same people, down to some of the crew, too. It would be interesting.

I had forgotten just how good she was in that movie. Hard to believe she had no experience up to that point. That movie blows me away everytime I see. Jean Reno is definately an overlooked talent.
  6. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    i am still listning to shotgun messiah , VNB
  7. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    At the moment Oh Yeah by Yello is on.
  8. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    i only brought 1 today-

Blink 182- the mark, tom & travis show (live)
  9. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Carolyn's Mother & Ani DiFranco at the moment, but I'm getting set for a big Loretta Lynn extravaganza. I downloaded a bunch of her stuff yesterday (eventhough I have most of it on LP) so I can listen to it anywhere I go.

She is IMO, the best female songwriter ever, and certainly one of the most prolific. I was going through a pubilsher's DB one day and you would not believe the sheer volume of the songs she's written, let alone recorded. And what's really funny is she's just barely in her 60's and has been a successful artist for more than 40 years.
  10. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    jen- the song 'sweetness'-"im spinnin free whoaoaoa- & the sweetness will not be concerned with me"-- is that Jimmy eat world ? im trying to get the song without buying the disc.
  11. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Jimmy Eat World (the best 80's band not in the 80's)

Jimmy Eat World
    Title: Sweetness
    Album: Bleed American

string from your tether unwinds
    up and outward but only to bind
    i was spinning free with a little sweet and simple numbing me

tell me what do i need when the words loose their meaning
    stumble until you crawl
    sinking into sweet uncertainty

i'm still running away
    i wont play your hide and seek game
    what a dizzy dance
    this sweetness will not be concerned with me

jim adkins: voice, guitar, precussion. rick burch: bass guitar. zach lind: drums. tom linton: guitar
  12. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    muchas gracias :) - hows the rest of the CD ? worth buying ? are the 2 radio songs good indicators for the rest of the disc ?
  13. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Good question, I'll let you know in a couple of hours.

EDIT: Or maybe sooner
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Jimmy Eat World - The Verdict

Not a good live band.

I downloaded some tracks (some live) and their studio stuff is about the same as the singles, as long as they don't try to slow it down. The slow songs are a little lame, but not nearly as bad as their live stuff. Obviously a group you'll not want to spend $30+ on to see in person.
  15. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    where do you download the songs from ?

btw- i listened to the BNL "oops, i did it again" you put on - i wsa there & very glad it got recorded----hey Sweetness just strted on 93.3!!!! sweet!!!!!! uh, i mean- Cool!
  16. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Audiogalaxy.com

I love their format. I downloaded a whole bunch of the J.E.W. stuff, I could put it on a CD along w/ the Journey stuff I downloaded if you like.

Were you at the Pepsi Center Show during the Stunt Tour? 'Cause I was there too!
  17. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    yeah, i was there! cool! those guys put on a GREAT show. i first saw them at winter park a few years back. they played before Tim Reynolds & Dave Matthews. We went late cause we werent really into alot of the bands. we only got the tix to see Dave Matthews & we came in towards the end of the BNL show. They blew me away! I was so bummed we had missed most of their set! the medley/dance numbers they do - i LOVE those. did you see the movie Jason Priestly did ? i didnt but my wife did & really liked it.
    did you go to the fiddlers green show when the one kid dropped his shorts on stage? now THAT was funny.
    a cd sounds great! but- whats J.E.W. ?
  18. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    J.E.W.=Jimmy Eat World

No, I don't go to Fiddler's Green out of principle. The last concert I went to there was as nightmare due to the horrible shape of the venue and the very poor management of it. Plus you have to pay an extra fee to see shows there. Where the HE!! is that money going! Okay, enough ranting.

So, was that the infamous Pipe Guy show in Winter Park? I recorded it from KBCO when they played it back one night, so I have it on tape.
  19. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    J.E.W.----oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!---duh.

Pipe Guy ?-- not sure-whats that? i recorded some x-mas thing from them off KBCO too. Im gonna try & find it tonight.
  20. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    The last DVD I watched was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy tv miniseries. I seem to mostly buy old British tv shows on DVD -- the last few DVDs I watched before that were a Doctor Who episode and some episodes of the old Secret Agent Man tv series from the 60s.

The current CD is Soul Mining by The The -- another one I'm sure none of you except ZOO have heard of.
  21. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Marvin the maudlin, melancholy Robot. He rocked!

-Simply...awful...

Arthur Dent & Zaphod Beeblebrox cruisin' the galaxy in glorious BBC technicolor.

I loved that show!

I still remember seeing Monty Python's Meaning of Life for the first time, and during the dinner party scene shouting out, "Look, its Arthur Dent!"

Ah yes, those were the days.
  22. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay 5 credits to whomever can guess this obscure band's name reference.

"Hoggle's Jewelry"
  23. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wasn't Hoggle the weird gnome creature in Labyrinth?

Sith Slayer -- the guy who played Arthur Dent (Simon Jones) turned up in Twelve Monkeys and The Devil's Own (that IRA movie with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford) as well. Boy was that a shock.
  24. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Five credits to CW, I figured either you or Obi_W would get it, you were just quicker on the draw.

I just about busted a gut when I came across that name, while searching for something else completely.
  25. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    AHPR-I think I have some live DMB stuff too, since there's room left over on the disk I'll just throw it on there as well.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby