main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

1. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm listening to the Ziggy Marley album "One Bright Day" good stuff. Before that I was listening to his dad's Deluxe Edition of Rastaman Vibration, the new bonus track "Jah Live" is an awesome song, makes me wonder why they never put that on anything. It's "Legend" material for sure!

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    AHPR-Okay, you now have 600+ mb's of music wonder (okay, maybe not all of it). 200+ mb of DMB, about the same of Journey and just under 100 of J.E.W.

I'll bring it w/ me on Saturday.

3. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    What's happening Saturday?

in my CD player...well Mp3 lol for the moment is

Joey Orion - The Orion Project Vol. 1 & 2

you guys should really check this guy out if you like Moby or Trent Reznor... LMFAO it's all experimental music. I forgot I even did this lol

Ah Yes, I remember now! It was when I was out of school and unemployed...maybe a vol. 3 is on the horizon now? lmao :)

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Sat. is when I'm taking pix of his figures.

I have one of those, but it's not in MP3 format, just an old tape is all that remains of my rebelious rock days. I should convert it to MP3 sometime and upload them, just to see if they hold up to time.

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    right on jen, thanks! i have one question. is there some cds that, when made in a certain format, wont play on a regular Cd player? i dont have a burner- never used one. i just want to make sure i can play the disc that you have been nice enough to make. :)

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You'll just only be able to play it on your computer, since it's all MP3's. I can't even imagine how many disks it would take to put all of those tracks on. You could also play it on an MP3 deck/player. I have a portable player that I use, plus my computers.

I'm thinking of replacing my car deck w/ one that plays MP3 disks as well. I've got more than a dozen full MP3 disks, which is a butt load of music, & I'm still going strong. Not that it seems to have slowed down my music purchases, contrary to popular belief. I think I buy more albums now than ever, since I know what I'm getting before I buy it. Take that J.E.W. scenario, yeah, sure I like some of their stuff, but if I had bought that CD only to find out I didn't like all of it, I'd have been pretty ticked off for having wasted my money. Because of that I wouldn't buy anything that I wasn't absolutely sure I was going to like. Now I can try stuff out w/o the risk of a bad investment. Before I maybe bought 5-6 albums a year, now I'm buying 2-3 a month. The music industry needs to look more to quality than piracy. The thing is, now everyone can find out that the newest flash in the pan is just that, and they can do it w/o wasting their hard earned money.

7. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    good point. my wife & I were discussing napster & such earlier. its good for research, but i want the cd cover artwork, the liner notes, etc.
    im looking forward to that disc!

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    COOL , I JUST FIGURED OUT THIS COOL MP3 THINGIE . ITS NEETO . I SPENT MOST OF THE DAY PUTING CD'S ON THE PC SO I CAN JUST HIT RANDOM . THIS IS SUPERFLY .

9. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    Would you believe it if I told you?

Barry Manilow "Copacabana"
    and well that phase is over

lets see, so many choices

on to the Strokes and No Doubt

singing, Keep on dancing i likey the beat and I can dance to it

later

10. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    finally! someone admits to jamming the Manilo classics. :D
    today i have--

Linkin Park- hybrid theory
    Barenaked Ladies--rock spectacle (live)
    Jack Johnson---brushfire fairytales

if you havent heard Jack Johnson- i recomend checking him out. very mellow- a great summer CD.

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Right now is Norah Jones, fairly new solo artist, she's done a lot of vocal work for various jazz groups. She's got a single playing on KBCO called "Don't Know Why." She's kind of a smoother version of Eva Cassidy (if anyone knows who that is).

12. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm listening to Moby now

13. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    AOTC soundtrack

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm ripping tracks right now for a mix, so I can take it on my trip.

15. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i need to find some songs i want to make a mix with... im thinking about taking all my normal mix cds, organizing them, converting them to mp3s and then burn them to a cd for my new cd player.

pat mcgee is in my cd player right now... a promising young talent... saw him up at csu... hes good...

16. Qui Gon Moon

Qui Gon Moon Jedi Master star 5

Apr 15, 2000
  17. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    right on -links to the stuff. thats cool.
    today i have:

phil collins--hits
    pearl jam-----ten
    armageddon soundtrack
    sepultura----beneath the remains

c'mon--keep this going! if we break 200, ive decided to add this to my bio as my lifes biggest achievment!! :)

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    A Comedy MP3 disk. A bunch of comedy recordings, including Chris Rock, Suzanne Westenhoefer, Janeane Garafola, Detachable Penis, 9 Coronas, Yoda Says(parody of Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen), Star Wars in 60 seconds (Pre-TPM), Kathleen Madigan, Carlos Mencia, Jeff Foxworthy, Dungeons & Dragons, etc.

19. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    does it count listening to albums on line?
    if so right now vison of disorder's imprint is playing

20. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    pro-pain :shine

21. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Qui Gon Moon , are you from denver ?

im listening to a mix .

22. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    [face_devil]

hmm, well today mostly a blah day so

Lords of Acid-Lust
    NIN=Pretty Hate Machine
    The Matrix soundtrack
    Sade=Greastest Hits
    Portishead
    Goldfrapp

later

23. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    thank you- Sade is going in right now. sounds perfect. hhmmmmm- lovers rock or best of ?.............Lovers Rock.

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I can't believe I finally know somebody else who knows who Portishead is. I've been listening to them on Spinner for quite a while and they are next on my list for download day, oh and Poe and The Sundays (I have to write stuff down, otherwise I get to downloading and lose my mind).

Today will be canned mall music, I have to work today, blechk!

25. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    actually- you know 2 people who know those bands. i always thought both Poe & Portishead were.......not bad......just... kinda.....Droopy. for lack of a better word. Should i give em another try?

& which Sundays album has "Wild Horses" ?

& yes- a big "Blechk!" to work.