main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

OKC, OK whats religon got to do with it?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by okiewan, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okiewan

okiewan Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2003
    I have been thinking about this, and I haven?t seen this thread before. Do you think that the mythology has affected religion in any way? Has it affected you personally in your views of a higher power or whatever?

I was raised Christian but now as an adult I find myself drawn by religious teaching that speaks of a higher power as more obtuse and less patriarchal. More ?FORCE? less ?Holy Trinity.? I know that the concept of The Force is similar to Buddhism, I don?t think of myself as a convert from or too any religion but I think that my current religious concept was effected by the original trilogy.

2. LennonSkywalker

LennonSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2003
    Well, to me, the Force has always seemed an allegory for God. And its a great lesson in true faith. Notice how we usually think of that word, faith. Its comforting, its nice,but not neccessarily REAL. To Ben, Qui-Gon, Yoda, etc., the Force is a real thing, I wouldnt even refer to their 'faith' in it. Faith does not come in to it, it's real, thats it. You dont beleive in a tree, you know its there. But the Force is also a higher step into the supernatural if you will. This is not a spooky place to be, if you are a beleiver (Jedi). God lives in and is supernatural. Take those words (super/natural) apart and theyre much less daunting a prospect. I dont think Lucas based it on any one religion. I'd reccomend the wonderful essay "To Be A Jedi", found elsewhere on theforce.org. OK, off my pulpit now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.