main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the best and worse scene of all the Star Wars films?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by TheSithStrikeBack, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSithStrikeBack

TheSithStrikeBack Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    best: When Vader picks up the Emperor in RoTJ and throws him down the ventilaton shaft

worst: when Leia first meets the Ewoks in Endor

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    There are too many moving scenes to name one as the best. However, Yoda lifting up the X-Wing out of the swamp is just an awesome scene and Im afraid that the PT may ruin to scene for future fans. I love the PT however.

The Worst, well. The Fireplace scene in AOTC. God its bad. Followed after by Luke telling Leai about their family ties.

3. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Best scene--when Anakin comes back in RotJ (killing the Emperor)

Worst scene--not that it's poorly acted or written, but I don't love the Obi scenes on Geonosis in AotC. By that time I'm more into what Anakin's doing or going to do. But I know they have to keep up with him.

The scene in ANH SE with Han and Jabba is pretty bad.

4. Tukafo

Tukafo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    Best scene: Luke in rage battling Vader after Vader suggests to use Leia in ROTJ. glorious music, wonderfully done

Second best scene: Yoda's monologue about the force in ESB

Third best scene: The Emperor teasing Luke on the Death Star. The word "pitiful" has never been better uttered than here "ppppppitiffful"

Worst scene: The Phantom Menace

5. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Best Scene: "I have you now" . . . "Yahoo!" . . . Luke blowing up the Death Star. . . "Great shot kid, that was one-in-a-million!". . . "Remember, the Force will be with you, always."

Worst Scene: the Muppet song and dance number in Jabba's palace in ROTJ SE

6. yoda406

yoda406 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    There are too many good scenes and too many bad. But I like the duel between Yoda and Count Dooku!

7. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Best scene period: Luke vs. Vader ESB. Culminating in the "I am your father" that gives the Weenie chills. Every. Time.

(2nd best scene: Han being lowered into the freezing chamber. "I love you." "I know." The awesome orange and blue of the set. The music. Brings a tear to my weenie. Every. Time.)

[Best action scene: Coruscant Chase AOTC. Everything that IS Star Wars all rolled into one.]

Worst scene: Fireplace scene just barely beats out shaak riding.

~Note: None of these scenes include SE versions of the OT. If the Weenie were to include those, of course everyone knows that Greedo, Han and Jabba ANH, and Jedi Rocks will all win in a land slide. Good thing the SEs dont count! hehe

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    There are many great scenes in the Star Wars Saga but I think the worst is the 'Fire Place' scene in AOTC.

9. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    The Asteroid Field in ESB is a personal favorite and the whole Luke-Leia "find the controls that extend the bridge" sequence in ANH, up until the swing across the chasm. I love those scenes, and the music is perfect in both of them, and both great character moments.

The Duel of the Fates rocks, but these two are my choice.

Worst: Of course, Anakin riding the creature (oopie?) in AOTC. I was so embarrassed watching that obvious computer generated Anakin and the whole baloney "is he all right" stuff. Whatever.

Madine out

10. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    The first appearance of Vader in A New Hope; Anakin & Padme's first kiss.

Worst: None.

11. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I've always loved the space battles more than anything.

12. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Best: The whole sequence sinse Han is frozen in Carbonite is why I love Star Wars. Like Weenie said: Best scene period: Luke vs. Vader ESB. Culminating in the "I am your father" that gives the Weenie chills. Every. Time.

(2nd best scene: Han being lowered into the freezing chamber. "I love you." "I know." The awesome orange and blue of the set. The music. Brings a tear to my weenie. Every. Time.)

Worst: I agree with those who think the Fire Place is the worst, any Padme/Anakin "love story" scene is bad

13. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Carbon Freezing Chamber Scene is one of my favs but wow is it hard to pick a single favorite. I like all the romantic gushy stuff - "I love you." "I know." Anything with Han and Leia. Almost everything with Anakin and Padme. I liked the Ewoks. I think I pretty much like all the parts of all the movies -- with the exception of the sadness that is coming in Episode III.

14. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Best: Luke/Darth ESB duel

Worst: When Anakin and Padme reunite. "You've grown more beautfiul I mean" is so so stupid. After that their scene by the lake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.