main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the best misprint you can get in a pack of cards?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by AgentOfEvil, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentOfEvil

AgentOfEvil Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm referring to CCG, but if anyone out there got a TCG misprint I'd like to hear about it as well. The best misprint I got was a Tibrin Operative that has no weapon icon (it's all whited out).

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I've heard that there was an Executor misprint that had Power 120, Armor 120.

3. AgentOfEvil

Sep 30, 2002
    Can anyone verify this? 120 Power/Armor seems a little far fetched. If that card does misprint does exist, then I hope someone will list it on ebay for me :)
    Does anyone know how many Qui-Gon w/Saber or Maul w/Saber Foils were made?

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    My friend once bought a pack of Hoth (Decipher CCG). The card in the rare section was Dark Side on the back and COMPLETELY BLACK on the front.

He contacted Decipher to see if it was worth anything. They said they'd send him a free Hoth pack for it. Eh. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There were a number of "blank" cards from different sets, but I believe Hoth was the most common, or, at least, the first set people started noticing them in.

I've run across the R-3PO misprint a few times (where it has the image of K-3PO).

There was also a Lando w/axe misprint that ommitted the permanent weapon icon I believe.

6. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't believe Decipher ever corrected the Lando w/Vibro Axe misprint.

R'Bolt

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, they did. There was an article about a trade in offer and such on their website at one point.

8. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Humm.... are you sure about that? My recollection was that they would not be correcting the error. I'll have to hunt through Decipher's site to see if I can find the information. Thing is now... if there was a correction I suspect it's too late to get the corrected copy.

R'Bolt

9. AgentOfEvil

Sep 30, 2002
    I don't know about that Lando being corrected thing. I've seen alot of these Landos on ebay and they're always incorrect. As to R-3PO/K-3PO, the only way to get the misprinted card is in BB, and all BB in packs are misprinted. The correct BB was a mail-in replacement deal (I ended up having to spend $1.75 for it cuz I didn't get in on the deal quick enough). On that I'm still looking to get is the red text corrected Asteroid Sanctuary- I just never get around to it. Does anyone know of any other mail-in cards that exist becuase I someday hope to have one of each card in perfect condition for my collection :) Also, has anyone here ever heard about BB Admiral Ozzel? I don't know why he isn't worth more seeing as there were only about 50-60 printed. Just a fun fact I thought you may like.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There had to be more Ozzels than that, cause I've across a bunch in the past.

Unless, you mean 50-60 thousnad or something.

11. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Personally I'm still holding out to find a C-3PO with that infamous 'aroused' scene ;)

12. PloK

PloK Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Best misprint I every got was a whole box of YJ Reflections in which every Reflections-exclusive card had a Jedi Knights back.
    I kept a small assortment and sold the rest on eBay.
    Made enough to buy another box of Reflections... :D
    hmmm.. that box didn't have any German cards in it....
    Maybe that box was cursed.... or maybe it's just me. :)

13. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm not sure I get the reference to Admiral Ozzel? Was there an error and then a corrected release of the card? Was it a mail in replacement? I've got a couple of black border copies of him in my Hoth sets, but never heard of any issues relating to a different version of the card.

R'Bolt

14. AgentOfEvil

Sep 30, 2002
    I was referring to Foil Ozzels and White Border ones. I bought four boxes and was fortunate enough to get 1 Ozzel out of it, but that was all I needed for the time :)
    What's that I hear about German cards in Reflections? Is that for SWCCG or Young Jedi? I hope it's for SWCCG, I've never heard of German cards being made and I'd love to have a few! That reminds me, can you get regular non-foil Japanese cards in Reflections 2?
    Jedi Warrior, that wasn't a CCG or TCG card, it was just a regular trading card from 77 or 78 ( I don't know which ). If someone told you otherwise then they were lying.

15. PloK

PloK Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    those were YJ Reflections packs with the German cards... each pack was supposed to have 3-4 German cards.. one box I got had none... each German card was replace with a Jedi Council card. :(

16. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    My free box from Decipher's recent offer was a box of R1 that had four foils in every pack!

17. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    " was referring to Foil Ozzels and White Border ones."

What's wrong with the foil Ozzel?
    I have one, didn't know it was a misprint though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.