main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the best PC game out there right now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Wylding, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    So I just got my gaming machine (she's a beauty) and I'm wondering what you guys think are good games out there right now...

So, tell me a little about your favorite PC game and why it happens to be so.

My computer thanks you :p

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, Jedi Knight Oucast will be the best game soon I think, but Empire Earth is pretty good now.
    As an RTS, tt has pretty good graphics, easy controls, and overall the game is just plain fun.

EDIT: Sorry, Outcast :p

3. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Jedi Knight has been out for a loooooooooong time. Maybe you want to clarify?

4. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    My favorite would be the Baldur's Gate Series. All are phenomenal games with great characters and a great plot. The other Bioware D&D games, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale are also great.

Amazing.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm very much enjoying Giants: Citizen Kabuto right now...

6. CrixMakin

CrixMakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    Well I'm biased. I'm going to say XWA. Or TIE. Or XW. But not TIEvsXW. No single player. Other than those? Don't know. My compy won't run anything made within the last year/two years.

7. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Max Payne is a lot of fun.

8. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    What kind of genres are you in to? In the shooter arena, I'd definitely go with Half-Life (if just for the awesome mods), Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and/or Medal of Honor Allied Assault. JKII is coming out in a few weeks, too.

As for strategy, look into Empire Earth and Age of Kings, or Battlegrounds if you want a SW theme.

9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    If you prefer turn-based Strategy, Civilizations III is really good.

10. CrixMakin

CrixMakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    Half Life! Yes, I forgot that one. It rocks. Especially with CS. Even single player. Blue shift is good.

And Unreal Tournament (sucks until you add Infiltration onto it, then still sucks in single player, but kicks ASS in multi. Provided you can take the realism in that mod. 'kin hell, it's realistic. You can get out of breath, you have a heart rate, you have to control your breathing when you're sniping..)

What else? I quite liked Project IGI, although no-one else seemed to, from the reviews I saw. Me and my mates loved it though.

Operation Flashpoint KICKS R'S! That's a good game.

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Oh yes, Operation Flashpoint. I didn't like the demo too much, but that and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon are excellent if you're into battlefield simulations from a first person perspective.

12. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Giants is a very funny game! [face_laugh]

13. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Maybe he meant, in terms of graphics (3D)

My favorite game is Diablo 2.

Not 3D, but FUN!!!

14. Epyon-X

Epyon-X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Gotta go with AmazingB on the Baldur's Gate series and Planescape. Both are excellent RPGs, especially if you're into more story-driven games.

15. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    like dan said operation flashpoint & ghost recon are the best it you like the battlefield type stuff. operation flashpoint is more realistic & i like it better.

16. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Medal Of Honor Allied Assault is my favorite. If you like fun FPSs with a more realistic feel then most other games, this is the way to go. If you enjoy WWII games you will REALLY love it. The Omaha Beach level is INCREDIBLE!!!

Oh yeah...the graphics rock too.

17. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    NHL 2001 and 2002... I'm addicted to both of these games...

But I am looking forward to JK:eek:utcast...

18. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    If you want to try excellent grand scale strategy try Europa Universalis II.

19. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Zoo Tycoon!

20. SilverDog

SilverDog Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 28, 2002
    well i think the best RPG out right now is definitly Arcanum. huge storyline, great game, not to bad graphics, and you can do virtually anything you want to eventually beat the game, it is an incredible expieriance and i would reccomend you pick this game, along with baldurs gate 2, and throne of darkness up as soon as humanly possible!!! note: wen i went to best buy the other week i saw a pack of throne of darkness, and arcanum for $30!!! thats $15 dollers for this massive kikass game. One downside somewhat high system requirements for when you are lookng for it from a hard drive standpoint it requires 1.2 gigs of space to install. Just a note in advance :) hope you enjoy it!

also another great game if you arent interested in RPG's is Ghost Recon or Max payne. They both deliver kikass action although i have only played ghost recon once(at a frends house) its on the top of my must buy list! actually make that a tie, i am in love with meddle of honor right now as well. So if you interested in any of these games they are all great so pick em up!

21. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    If you could control NPCs in Arcanum sameway you can in BG it would be even better. Now only fighter-NPCs are any good. But it still is excellent game.

22. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Buy Baldurs Gate...

Then Buy Baldurs Gate II...

Now.

Or Else I'll get my mate into talking you into buying it....

And he could talk his own arse off.

23. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I'm getting Baldur's Gate & TOTSC in the post by Friday, which should be good.

Got Diablo today, with D2 and Lords of Destruction and the strategy guide, all for £25, so plus points.

But the best game is BLACK & WHITE!

24. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    By Gameplay?

Baldurs Gate is cool. Hav'nt played it online yet though...

Baldurs gate 2 is harder but more accesible.

'Tell me about the raaaaaaaaaaaabits.'

25. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    What by gameplay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.