main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What's the best TV show of all time?

Discussion in 'Community' started by netfirstweb, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    "BEND THIS ****!!" was the best line, imo

2. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    it is one of the best new shows. great tv.

3. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    SMH at grown ass men talking about Airbender

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I bet you're a Brony.

5. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Yeah, I got bored and stopped like halfway through.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Love Netflix. The only time they bother me is when they don't have a show available for streaming and I actually have to wait for them to send me the DVD. [/first world problems]

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I know, right? It is the height of ridiculousness to buy a great TV show you know you eventually want to watch when it's on sale on an Amazon Gold Box deal for only $30 for the complete series then not watch it immediately! You should wait until you know you have the free time to watch an entire new show and then buy it for $90 instead! haha, what an idiot.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  8. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    As long as you learned from your mistake.

9. -G-O-A-T-

-G-O-A-T- Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    For me, in more than a few cases, television series' that I enjoyed didn't hook me in sometimes up until halfway through a season

In the case of Deadwood however, I was immediately attracted to its ambiance.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah in the future I definitely made sure to spend 3x as much money on stuff.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, but you should have at least rented the first DVD from Blockbuster. That way, you could get some exposure to know if you would like it or not. Because while we certainly all agree that a 66% discount is great savings, it would be dumb to have spent $30 when you actually would have wanted to spend $0.

12. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Lost is my favorite. The Sopranos is a close second. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are also the bomb diggity.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Right, I'll go down to the 0 video stores in my area and rent the discs first :p No, I bought the pilot on iTunes first and watched it before I bought the series. I liked the pilot, and the person who recommended the show to me was a colleague who has good taste and knows my tastes as well. That seemed sufficient evidence.

14. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
  15. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

lol turns out i was wrong again... beautiful

16. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I grow tired of quoting so allow my to clearly explain my original post. I was mocking the realism of Emergency!. If you're seen the show this really, really should have been obvious.

yankee8255 likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, I haven't really seen any of that show beyond a couple clips and most of what I know about it is just from a historical television standpoint. I know it was a breakthrough show for its time (being the first show to attempt to show paramedics and therefore be more 'realistic' for instance), in spite of being incredibly cheesy by modern standards. I mean, I would have hoped you were kidding, but obviously I couldn't tell. I mean, a lot of television critics also point out how 'realistic' St. Elsewhere was, and I don't find it to be at all, but I try to sort of judge everything in the context of its era. Hence why I wasn't sure if you were being one of those weird 70s hipsters or what.

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The Vienna quote is brilliant, and I'm not just saying that because I live in Austria.

19. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Pawn Stars! It's epic.

Serious answer (with 'best' meaning 'my favorite'):
    House, The Simpsons, and Futurama.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    West Wing is near perfection until you realize while watching season 2 that the writers completely wrote out the Maya character from season 1 without a single mention of her again. Very strange but good riddance.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm one of the rare people who think that, while the Sorkin seasons of West Wing are brilliant and sing with wonderful dialogue and fantastically constructed plots that demonstrate moral and ethical principles in an interesting way, the John Wells seasons are more enjoyable overall.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've watched the first two seasons and last two seasons. Obviously, I need to watch more.

23. netfirstweb

netfirstweb Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    I also loved watching friends! Classic!

24. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    they are bringing it back for one more season here soon, are they not?

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I did. I didn't care about Magnum back in the 80s, and time hasn't changed that notion. :p

And hell to the yes that Babylon 5 was great TV. Screw Trek, B5 and BSG were TV SF done right.